Novak News & Interviews Vol.2 - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-30-2011, 06:24 PM   #181
country flag SatineSalvatore

SatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News & Interviews Vol.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post
Probably. As he has a long history of being accused of faking injuries. There's no way he has not been aware of those malicious remarks from doubters and media, especially after the '08 USO incident. Well, with all the achievement and efforts that he has earned/showed throughout this year, as soon as something happens, they love to jump on him. It must sting like hell for him, I guess.
The problem here I believe, is that Nole decided to play on a charity exhibition match, it wasn't like he was caught in a club partying/drinking/getting hangover, after saying he was injured, it was an event for a cause, wich he could've perfectly backed out and sent someone in his name (Marko was there, for ex.), but being who he is, he decided to go, after all, what harm could it be in such an occasion? To Novak (and us fans) apparently, none.... to the media, or If I stand corrected, to the vicious media that follows his every move to see if he changed the color of his socks from green to blue and then hunt him for it, to those doubters and haters, it was a field day...

They managed to transform a day that was supposed to be about that lovely event, into a "OMG LOOK, HE IS PLAYING, SO HE CLEARLY MUST BE FAKING I MEAN COME ON WHO PLAYS FOOTBALL WITH A BACK PAIN, HE SUCKS" circus, I think that the fact that the event was 'tainted' with these remarks about the veracity of his injury is what pushed his buttons and made him write the tweet "for the haters" as Yolita said. And even if he could've shrugged it off, I believe that it's completely justified! normally he's all smiles and politeness, but everyone has limits and I think he just got sick of it, because really, people reacted like if he was playing a Champions League game with extra times and penalties against Barcelona and not an EXHIBITION MATCH JUST TO HELP AND HAVE FUN.

I'm really pissed of about how disgusting the media and the tennis so-called 'fans' can be this low to turn something nice and spit all their hate all over it

I genuinely think he did not wrote that in order to please, he just did it because is tired, and pissed off, on top of not being able to play the sport he loves for a while, when he does something outside of it (and a again, a charity event, something that he tends to care about a lot), they attack him.

I just would like to... tell him that everything is ok

All this hate make me just... dsjlfjsldk

Tyrion Lannister

Janko Tipsarevic / SRBIJA

TRUEbie. LOSTie. Oasis. Guns N' Roses. FC Barcelona. rest is optional

http://tuc-tuc-jankela.tumblr.com

Last edited by SatineSalvatore : 09-30-2011 at 10:15 PM.
SatineSalvatore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2011, 09:16 PM   #182
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post
Probably. As he has a long history of being accused of faking injuries. There's no way he has not been aware of those malicious remarks from doubters and media, especially after the '08 USO incident. Well, with all the achievement and efforts that he has earned/showed throughout this year, as soon as something happens, they love to jump on him. It must sting like hell for him, I guess.
Yes, like in the semis against Roger. He felt disappointed with the way the audience was reacting to the match. Nobody was giving him the kudos for his amazing year, same story at the French when he was defeated. His streak came to an end and it looked like none of the gavachos cared one bit. It was disappointing to see for fans, imagine for him. It's like 'what the hell do i need to do to get some recognition?'.
But he should know that a lot of people are turning on him now and becoming his fans, like it happened to Federer and Nadal when they started winning slams. I actually don't remember any other n#3 in the world with so much support and such a huge fandom than Nole has had these past years.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:40 PM   #183
country flag Nole fan

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Is there really a better tennis blogger? if there is I don't know it.

Most Elevated
Steve Tignor

“Was this the greatest night in the history of baseball?”

That question was posed by an ESPN anchor to Tim Kurkjian, the network's MLB expert, on Thursday morning. A few hours earlier, two teams, the Atlanta Braves and the Boston Red Sox, had completed historic end-of-season collapses at virtually the same moment. Kurkjian's answer? Do I really need to tell you? Yes, of course it was the greatest single night in the century-and-a-half history of the national pastime. And I agree, it was exciting, even if I did manage to fall asleep somewhere along the way. But I wonder: Will anyone outside of those two collapsed cities, Boston and Atlanta, remember it in a year?

Hyperbole is what we do in sports—we're the greatest ever at declaring things the greatest ever. Write a post about Victoria Azarenka’s bad shoulder, and an hour later you’ll find 10 commenters screaming at each other about whether Laver or Federer is the One True Goat. I’m not totally against this kind of chatter. I’m not spoilsport enough to declare that “Goats don’t exist"; I really do think Roger Federer is the best ever, and that the 2008 Wimbledon men’s final was the “greatest match of all time.” But there must be moderation in all things. How about we have a Goat summit meeting once a year? We could schedule it over the Christmas holidays.

There hasn’t been much moderation surrounding tennis’s latest greatest achievement, Novak Djokovic’s 2011 season. It didn’t even take half the year before speculation began about whether it was the best in men’s tennis history (or, for those of us who wanted to inject some futile last-minute sanity into the discussion, Open era history). There was a reason, or reason enough, for all of this premature talk: Djokovic wasn’t losing, to anyone. But there was also a wish among fans and commentators and editors to believe that we really were witnessing something historic, despite the cold hard fact that after his loss at the French Open, Djokovic would never match Rod Laver’s gold-standard Grand Slam of 1969. The desire to see history, and believe that you’re part of it, is strong.

Now that the biggest moments of Djokovic’s 2011 are over, and injury has slowed him, we can make a better assessment of his accomplishments. If his season isn’t the Greatest, what is it? First of all, it’s obviously not over yet. If he skips the Shanghai Masters, he will likely play three more events, in Basel, Paris, and London. If he wins all of them he could improve his record from its current 64-3 to something along the lines of 78-3. I would guess that this isn’t going to happen, except that I've already guessed that a lot of things wouldn’t happen for Djokovic this year that did. However he wraps it up, though, this has been one of the best seasons we’ve seen. Only five other men in the Open era (Laver, Connors, Wilander, Federer, and Nadal) have won at least three majors in a year, and no one has won five Masters events to go along with them. Yes, the Masters Series is a fairly new invention, but it’s still a testament to Djokovic’s consistency and surface versatility. Only McEnroe’s 82-3 in 1984 and Federer’s 92-5 in 2006 are in the same winning percentage stratosphere.

To me, though, another stat should, in the future, give people a true idea of Djokovic’s excellence this year: His 10-1 record against Federer and Nadal. That’s like killing two Goats at once; or like someone coming along in 1981 and dominating both Borg and McEnroe—you can’t say Djokovic had it easy. In fact, the only reason that his season isn’t vying with Laver's is that the Greatest of All Time, Federer, played some of his greatest tennis, in the year’s greatest match, in the semis of the French Open. And Djokovic was still a couple of points from sending it to a fifth set and most likely winning it. But while Federer came out on top, it was Djokovic’s streak, and the surreal quality of his season, that made that afternoon in Paris the most dramatic of the year.

Whether Djokovic’s 2011 is “better” than Federer’s '06 or Mac’s '84 or Rafa’s '10 or Connors’ '74 can be hashed out when it’s finally over and the numbers are all in. But I will say that the experience of watching him through this year has been unique. Djokovic started on top of the mountain in Melbourne and only got better from there. He won when we didn’t expect him to—against Nadal on clay—and he won when the expectations were immense, at the U.S. Open. He bounced back from the crushing disappointment of Paris to win Wimbledon, and came back to win when he really didn’t need to, against Andy Murray in the semis in Rome. What makes Djokovic’s season special to me was that it seemed like one long sustained performance—while he triumphed in a dozen different ways, it felt like one big, brilliant winning match, played on every surface, all over the world. I don’t think his season will end up being called the Greatest, but it may be the Most Elevated: Nobody has gotten closer to levitating on a tennis court than Djokovic did in 2011. May he rise again soon.

Have a good weekend

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Old 09-30-2011, 10:33 PM   #184
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Tignor, you need to hide from the Fedtards

And for Nole trying to explain himself: I have similar urge to do the same I was answering some standard multiple choice questionaires from my therapist concerning my bummed left shoulder. One is how it affects my writing. I answered not at all but I could not stop there so I wrote "I am right handed and it is my left shoulder that's hurting"
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:26 AM   #185
country flag incognito

incognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatineSalvatore View Post
They managed to transform a day that was supposed to be about that lovely event, into a "OMG LOOK, HE IS PLAYING, SO HE CLEARLY MUST BE FAKING I MEAN COME ON WHO PLAYS FOOTBALL WITH A BACK PAIN, HE SUCKS" circus,
Yeah, some people act like he helped Milan or Inter score their winning goals in Champions League
A charity football match can be played by anyone standing on two legs...
incognito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #186
country flag purpleyes

purpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by incognito View Post
Yeah, some people act like he helped Milan or Inter score their winning goals in Champions League
A charity football match can be played by anyone standing on two legs...
not to mention he played for Red Star's girls team....
Old 10-01-2011, 02:05 PM   #187

SatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleyes View Post
not to mention he played for Red Star's girls team....
Lucky girls

But yeah, hates gonna hate, I was just sad because it's obvious he got pissed of by this good thing is that Nole is very possitive and can shrug off these things relatively fast, he already was smiling on his last twitpic... but he looked so tiny

Tyrion Lannister

Last edited by SatineSalvatore : 10-01-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:58 PM   #188

I don't know how to say this... but Nole has an official Tumblr account! XD it's pretty much like his WhoSay profile but... it's a Tumblr account... e.e so... he's officially addicted to social networking xD and... Tumblr... OMG

http://official-novakdjokovic.tumblr.com/

Tyrion Lannister

Old 10-02-2011, 12:15 AM   #189
country flag purpleyes

purpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond repute

Satine, don't you feel you guys are even closer now !!
Old 10-02-2011, 01:35 AM   #190
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to inform you all that Novak is looking gooood!

I saw him today, an unexpected pleasure.

I turned my TV on to watch the semifinals of the European Volleyball Championships for women. The semis were: Germany vs Italy and Serbia vs Turkey.

I was very nervous because Turkey had defeated the 2-times world champions: Russia, and were playing fabulous volleyball, helped by their very intelligent Brazilian coach.

Guess who showed up to the match to support the Serbian girls? Yes! NOVAK!

He got a fabulous ovation and he remained there for the entire match. A very exciting match. It went the distance, the Turks came back from 2 sets to 0 down to force a fifth set. It was as exciting as the US Open semifinal! And the Serbians won just like Novak: with a mixture of heart, great shots, luck and guts!

Novak is looking relaxed and happy. So don't you girls worry about how he's feeling about the media comments. I'm sure he realises that his success is bound to cause envy. He's learning to ignore the bad vibes.

I'm sure this rest will be very good for his game. I can't wait to see him on court.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:28 AM   #191
country flag purpleyes

yes, I saw many pics of him in that match, and indeed he seems in good spirit.

by the way, I like the grey polo he wore, with the dark blue strip from shoulder to chest.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:27 PM   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleyes View Post
Satine, don't you feel you guys are even closer now !!
THE TUMBLR ACCOUNT IS OFFICIAL...

It is linked to the WhoSay Profile and back... OMG

I'm going to die the day he starts using emotion gifs!! xD

Tyrion Lannister

Old 10-04-2011, 01:00 AM   #193
country flag Nole fan

Well, it seems like C-Note is back.

The five most exciting players to watch
Sports Illustrated

5. Novak Djokovic

It feels like a cop-out to put the best player in the world on this list, but the fact is that Djokovic is not only a tremendous player but he’s also an entertainer. That’s what got him into trouble earlier in his career but now it’s the thing that sets him apart. While the other top players on both Tours seem to close down during matches and block out the crowd, Djokovic invites you in. As a fan, rooting for a player is great, but when you feel like your energy and your cheers are being heard and are even, dare we say, needed, it takes the viewing experience to an entirely different level.

Djokovic doesn’t shut out fans and pretend that he’s simply there for their viewing pleasure. He gets pumped up and screams and waves his arms to get the crowd into it. And in doing so, he elevates the act of watching tennis from one of passivity to one of interactivity.

When you combine that level of awareness and showmanship with the athletic ability to pull off some of the most technically ridiculous shots, Djokovic matches become events that are simply fun. Isn’t that all we’re asking for?

Novak Djokovic nº1!

Old 10-04-2011, 02:32 AM   #194

This little doll expresses my feelings during the currently #NoleWithdrawal

Tyrion Lannister

Old 10-04-2011, 09:09 AM   #195
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Is he playing shangai or what?
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote