Novak News & Interviews Vol.2 - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-29-2011, 09:21 PM   #166
country flag Nadine1979

Nadine1979 has a reputation beyond reputeNadine1979 has a reputation beyond reputeNadine1979 has a reputation beyond reputeNadine1979 has a reputation beyond reputeNadine1979 has a reputation beyond reputeNadine1979 has a reputation beyond reputeNadine1979 has a reputation beyond reputeNadine1979 has a reputation beyond reputeNadine1979 has a reputation beyond reputeNadine1979 has a reputation beyond reputeNadine1979 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novak News & Interviews Vol.2

Thanks Shuhrat for posting those two very insightful and wonderful articles. The first from Cetojevic, giving a little glimpse into the focus, drive and desire Nole had/has to become the best, even from when he was a little boy, lifting the Wimbledon trophy. I'm so happy he acheived his dream

And the other, i love how much respect Nole has from other legends of the game. Was never a big Samprass fan if i'm totally honest, but i appreciate his talent, his comments and those of Jimmy Connors, Jim Courier and Michael Chang are really great and i'm really glad that Nole's getting the plaudits he deserves
Nadine1979 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2011, 09:38 PM   #167
country flag Nadine1979

Nadine1979 has a reputation beyond reputeNadine1979 has a reputation beyond reputeNadine1979 has a reputation beyond reputeNadine1979 has a reputation beyond reputeNadine1979 has a reputation beyond reputeNadine1979 has a reputation beyond reputeNadine1979 has a reputation beyond reputeNadine1979 has a reputation beyond reputeNadine1979 has a reputation beyond reputeNadine1979 has a reputation beyond reputeNadine1979 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatineSalvatore View Post

I'm glad he's prioritizing his health, but I just get all trying to imagine how bummed out he must be for not being able to go!

Absolutely agree. I'm so glad Nole is putting his health first and foremost and is not daft enough to think he can play in the China Open when he's not 100% fit and healthy. Thats all us fans care about, his health is wayyyyyy more important.

But i also get all about how sad he must be not being able to play the game he loves.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:23 PM   #168
country flag appleGirl

appleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For all of those people who have doubts. Yes,I played football,and I had no problem with my injury there,but as soon as I started playing tennis and tried to serve,it just wasn't recovered enough for Beijing. I am working on my fitness,but i need more time and therapy's to feel 100% ready to compete!
I can't f***ing believe that he feels the need to justify his actions to haters out there. It seriously pisses me off. And he's absolutely incredible for doing that.

TT Singles: 105 (Best: 80) 2011: Fürth CH W, Izmir CH W, Seoul CH W, Sao Jose Do Rio Preto CH W; 2012: Tiburon CH W
TT Doubles: 48 (Best: 42) 2011: Izmir CH W (w/ Mahqz); 2012: US Open SF (w/Mahqz), Tiburon CH W (w/Mahqz), Antalya Fut W (w/Mahqz); 2013: Winston Salem W (w/Mahqz), US Open SF (w/Mahqz)
No.1vak Djokovic!

"Is something unbelievable how he returns, no? His return probably is one of the best of the history. That's my opinion, no? I never played against a player who's able to return like this. Almost every time." - R. Nadal about N. Djokovic
appleGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:43 PM   #169
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleGirl View Post
I can't f***ing believe that he feels the need to justify his actions to haters out there. It seriously pisses me off. And he's absolutely incredible for doing that.
Yeah, it kind of bothers me. He should be above all that. He's the one doing it, not the others. Not his fans neither his haters. He doesn' need to explain himself to anybody.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:28 PM   #170
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
X 1000 The fact that the haters forced him to do this made my blood boil.
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:21 AM   #171
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

To change my mood, a couple of articles that I found from the old news thread

From 2007: Ascent of Novak Djokovic has only just begun

[...]

"Let me tell you a story I haven't told anyone else," said Srdjan Djokovic, speaking in Serbian, as his wife translated.

As a youngster, Novak spent a lot of time with his paternal grandmother, who suffered from bone cancer. "One day he was sitting in the living room and he asked her, 'Grandma, where is your pain?'" Srjdan Djokovic said. "She showed him a point on her back, and he was making a massage for hours. He was maybe 6 years old.

"She lived for two more years because of him. She couldn't walk 20 meters, but with him, she was walking all over the place, picking flowers.

Djokovic has matured a great deal over the last year, and he just turned 20.

Srjdan added: "He cares for everybody. You have to know him to see some things."

Vajda said Djokovic makes a round of calls to relatives after every match. "If he wants to relax, he goes to his family," the coach said. When his mother tried to keep a recent health scare from Djokovic, he guessed something was amiss from thousands of miles away.

"Family, for him, is the most important part of his life," his mother said. "He gets energy from us when he's tired."

[...]

From 2004: http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=404

I might be the only person that finds this 'old news' interesting, but here it is. Novak was steveg's Player Profile of the week in May 2004. Novak had just won his first challenger (the second one he ever entered) from the qualifying...a day after his 17th birthday.

Player Profile
Most young players make their way through the juniors while gaining experience and working their way up the rankings. Others try to go directly to the pros. That appears to be the case with a 17-year-old from Serbia&Montenegro, Novak Djokovic. Djokovic is only ranked 122 in the world in juniors and has played in only 4 juniors events in the past year. But looking closer, he has lost to only players like: Josselyn Ouanna, Gael Monfils, Robert Smeets, and Daniel Gimeno and reached the semifinals of the Australian Open this year. Instead, Djokovic has quickly risen up the ATP rankings and has been playing particularly well as of late. He started 2004 ranked #679 on only 3 events. His first three professional experiences came last year in Germany F1a and Germany F1b in January. In June he played in his home nation in Serbia F2. All three were first round losses as an unranked wild card. Then he finally got a win in Serbia F3. He got it by defeating fellow Serbian, Darko Madjarovski, in a tough three-setter. But it seemed to get a bit easier from there as he went on to win the whole event! A futures title in just his 4th event where he had won his first pro match. He followed that up with a semifinals appearance the next week in Serbia F4. He also reached the semifinals two weeks later in Serbia F6 and that's how he got to #679 in just 3 events (where he earned points). In 2004 he qualified for and reached the semifinals in Croatia F1 and later reached the quarterfinals in Italy F4. He also got his first Davis Cup experience in April, winning a dead rubber and helping Serbia&Montenegro sweep Latvia 5-0. Then a few weeks ago in Hungary F1, he took his second futures title. That got him 57 spots last week to #515. So he decided to stay in Hungary and play in the Budapest challenger last week. There he qualified and went right through the draw, dropping only one set and taking out both the #1 and #2 seeds on the way to his first challenger title, which he won on his 17th birthday. That shoots Djokovic up 177 spots this week to #338. In a very short time, Djokovic has risen into the top 400 and has 2 futures titles in just 12 events and a challenger title in the first challenger where he played in a main draw. At 17, Novak Djokovic seems a shooting star and is definitely one to watch.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:55 AM   #172
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lol, like he's doing that because of the haters If there's a reason, then it's surely because of the fans and sponsors. One of his biggest sponsors is a Chinese company and even today the new Chinese ambassador in Belgrade said Novak is an idol to many youngsters in China. I don't know whether he was just being polite, but it didn't sound like he was making it up. For all that I think Novak probably feels bad, hence the extra explanations
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:13 AM   #173
country flag purpleyes

purpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Lol, like he's doing that because of the haters If there's a reason, then it's surely because of the fans and sponsors. One of his biggest sponsors is a Chinese company and even today the new Chinese ambassador in Belgrade said Novak is an idol to many youngsters in China. I don't know whether he was just being polite, but it didn't sound like he was making it up. For all that I think Novak probably feels bad, hence the extra explanations
haha, the ambassador told the truth. in fact China Open is during our national day break, so there were quite a few planned their vacation in Beijing and bought tickets (not lucky this time), however, they understand and totally stand by him. I guess he explain the situation since he is the biggest star of China Open and he feel obliged
Old 09-30-2011, 02:11 AM   #174
country flag Nadine1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Yeah, it kind of bothers me. He should be above all that. He's the one doing it, not the others. Not his fans neither his haters. He doesn' need to explain himself to anybody.
Quote:
This is exactly how i feel. He doesn't need to justify himself to his fans and especially not to the haters He should just ignore the negative people, they're not worth his time or energy, but i realise thats probably a whole lot easier said than done!

His health is more important to us and we only want himback playing when he's 100% fit aand healthy.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:24 AM   #175
country flag purpleyes

purpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond reputepurpleyes has a reputation beyond repute

yes, haters gonna hate, no matter what you say or what you do. sometimes they are really unbelievable
Old 09-30-2011, 05:09 AM   #176
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

I tweeted Nole about it, he shouldn't feel the need to justify his actions. His first message was very clear and specific about his injuries and what he felt. That was for the fans and sponsors. The second one was for the haters. I hope he stops trying to please everybody. Haters gonna hate. These are my tweets:

Yolitatennis
@DjokerNole You don't have to justify yourself to the haters Novak. They're dying with envy! Take all the time you need. #NoleLove

Yolitatennis
@DjokerNole Stop trying to please the haters.Wear their hate as a badge of honour,a trophy to the best tennis season,2nd only to Laver's GS.

Yolitatennis
Many fans hope that @DjokerNole plays injured in Asia,his injury gets worse and the others have a chance in Basel and the WTF.Not happening

And then I stopped.

Best wishes for Nole. I'm glad he's taking care of his health. I'm sorry for all the disappointed fans in China, but with a season like this they'll understand. And I hope he's fit enough to go to Basel and the WTF and gets those titles. Who's the defending champion there?
Old 09-30-2011, 07:42 AM   #177
country flag purpleyes

He has our unconditional support,

and just think about next year, I really want him start it with a fresh and healthy body for all the honour is waiting
Old 09-30-2011, 04:32 PM   #178
country flag SatineSalvatore

SatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond reputeSatineSalvatore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolita View Post
I tweeted Nole about it, he shouldn't feel the need to justify his actions. His first message was very clear and specific about his injuries and what he felt. That was for the fans and sponsors. The second one was for the haters. I hope he stops trying to please everybody. Haters gonna hate. These are my tweets:

Yolitatennis
@DjokerNole You don't have to justify yourself to the haters Novak. They're dying with envy! Take all the time you need. #NoleLove

Yolitatennis
@DjokerNole Stop trying to please the haters.Wear their hate as a badge of honour,a trophy to the best tennis season,2nd only to Laver's GS.

Yolitatennis
Many fans hope that @DjokerNole plays injured in Asia,his injury gets worse and the others have a chance in Basel and the WTF.Not happening

And then I stopped.

Best wishes for Nole. I'm glad he's taking care of his health. I'm sorry for all the disappointed fans in China, but with a season like this they'll understand. And I hope he's fit enough to go to Basel and the WTF and gets those titles. Who's the defending champion there?
that's what he needs now, our support!! :yes:

I also tweeted him some messages, but something odd happened, one of my followers (who I don't follow, because, I just don't do follow x follow), AND apparently a Novak fan, just after I finished my posts, tweeted me: "tell me more" so, to me it sounded mean spirited (in the fashion of the "tell me more" meme), I just answered back: Ok: "more", and blocked him O.o I really was all

But more on the subject, I hate the fact that Nole feels the need to justify himself, but he must be pretty tired of all the shit people is talking, he's normally such a sweetie but I guess this time he just needed to "rant"

I just want him to get better, that's all I care now I hate it when he's all sad (he might not show it that often but I believe he is very sensitive with these type of comments)

Tyrion Lannister

Janko Tipsarevic / SRBIJA

TRUEbie. LOSTie. Oasis. Guns N' Roses. FC Barcelona. rest is optional

http://tuc-tuc-jankela.tumblr.com
SatineSalvatore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:55 PM   #179
country flag shuhrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatineSalvatore View Post
that's what he needs now, our support!! :yes:

I also tweeted him some messages, but something odd happened, one of my followers (who I don't follow, because, I just don't do follow x follow), AND apparently a Novak fan, just after I finished my posts, tweeted me: "tell me more" so, to me it sounded mean spirited (in the fashion of the "tell me more" meme), I just answered back: Ok: "more", and blocked him O.o I really was all

But more on the subject, I hate the fact that Nole feels the need to justify himself, but he must be pretty tired of all the shit people is talking, he's normally such a sweetie but I guess this time he just needed to "rant"

I just want him to get better, that's all I care now I hate it when he's all sad (he might not show it that often but I believe he is very sensitive with these type of comments)
Probably. As he has a long history of being accused of faking injuries. There's no way he has not been aware of those malicious remarks from doubters and media, especially after the '08 USO incident. Well, with all the achievement and efforts that he has earned/showed throughout this year, as soon as something happens, they love to jump on him. It must sting like hell for him, I guess.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:08 PM   #180
country flag shuhrat

Nole on Fiorello Show http://tennisblog.blogosfere.it/2011...-suo-show.html

(via Google translate) [...] Meanwhile, soon, the Italian television audience will know the qualities of extratennistiche of Serbia. Fiorello fact invited him in his variety show, still untitled, which will begin on Monday November 14 of an RAI. Fiorello was able to appreciate the talent of comedian / impersonator Nole hosting it on two occasions in his theater show in Rome coincided with the International of Italy. Unforgettable then entered into the field on the Foro Italico in Central Djokovic complete with wig and leg lame mock the showman Sicilian back on TV after a long absence. Nole will be in good company. Together with him we will host Fiorello Jovanotti, Buble, Coldplay, Laura Pausini and Giorgia.