Pete Sampras & Boris Becker apparently Believes This Is the Strongest Era Ever - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-20-2011, 07:05 PM   #121
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dr. Sampras , Ph.D, MD, DVM, Believes This Is the Strongest Era Ever

Rod Laver with a modern equipment would lose to any top 50 player today probably eat a bagel in one set...I said it again it's like putting Pele in the modern soccer game...he would get destroyed and yet that dude dominated his era ...same shit
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2011, 07:36 PM   #122
country flag Roadmap

Roadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dr. Sampras , Ph.D, MD, DVM, Believes This Is the Strongest Era Ever

The strongest era in tennis history were the years 2013 to 2022 when Oliver Golding won ten consecutive Calendar Year Grand Slams.
Roadmap is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:37 PM   #123
country flag Roadmap

Roadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
Rod Laver with a modern equipment would lose to any top 50 player today probably eat a bagel in one set...I said it again it's like putting Pele in the modern soccer game...he would get destroyed and yet that dude dominated his era ...same shit
Give modern players retro equipment in a match against Laver and they would lose 6-0 6-0 6-0.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:37 PM   #124
country flag Roadmap

Pele>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Messi
Old 09-20-2011, 07:57 PM   #125
country flag Rodre Fegassi

Rodre Fegassi has a reputation beyond reputeRodre Fegassi has a reputation beyond reputeRodre Fegassi has a reputation beyond reputeRodre Fegassi has a reputation beyond reputeRodre Fegassi has a reputation beyond reputeRodre Fegassi has a reputation beyond reputeRodre Fegassi has a reputation beyond reputeRodre Fegassi has a reputation beyond reputeRodre Fegassi has a reputation beyond reputeRodre Fegassi has a reputation beyond reputeRodre Fegassi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Professor Sampras Believes This Is the Strongest Era Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
and it is about to get even better in 2012.

just watch what fed, clay warrior, d-pot, and murray bring to the party in 2012 to better compete with the great serbian slayer.

nole has forced the field`s hand to improve.
How does Murray deserve a mention?

Nadal may yet get a single win against Djokovic which may shatter Djokovic's confidence leading to a string of losses against Nadal, and Federer always matches up favorably against Djokovic (barring his age), but MURRAY!???!

Murray is not even on the same planet as those 3 guys.

It's true that no-one will even come close to beating one of the golden 3 at any event on any surface for the next 5 years (barring Federer's retirement). But talent wise, Murray is the weakest of the top 10, it just shows what headcase inconsistent mugs the rest of them are that they somehow get ranked lower than him at the minute.

I'm pretty sure Murray will be nowhere near the top 10 by this time next year and will never be again ranked inside the top 10.
Rodre Fegassi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:16 PM   #126
country flag Everko

Everko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
2011 top 50 player with a wooden racquet back in the day?

Or Rod Laver with today's equipment, fitness, and training?

Either way I think Laver wins.
have you ever seen old footage? The players pattycake the ball over the net, they were good for their time but there is no way they would beat a modern player with the cyclones of topspin. They would not know how to handle the powerful spin. The old time game looks like badminton, they would not hit back the power shots with their fly-swatters.

about the Federer Will Fall thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raferminator
Best damn thread I've ever read on MTF. You should be awarded for being a visionary. Some of us out here noticed it and appreciated it.
Federer will fall
Murray will never win a slam
Federer will never beat Nadal again in a slam
Golubev will rise
Go Ouahab
Everko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:16 PM   #127
country flag Roadmap

So Murray cannot come close to beating Djokovic? On Andy's worst surface (clay) only a few months back (Italian Open) he was serving for the match aginst the Serb. He fucked up (two double faults when serving for the match) of course but I would call serving for the match 'coming close' to beating Djokovic. I am replying to Rodre Fegassi by the way.

Last edited by Roadmap : 09-20-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:21 PM   #128
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Is it a stronger era because of talent or is it a stronger era because of string technology, coaching, training and nutrition? If it's the latter, you have to understand that they all have those advantages. The level of athleticism and ball striking is higher, but does that mean it's more difficult to win major titles today? Not if the reason why players are more athletic and hit with more power and spin is anything other than pure talent.
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:25 PM   #129
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadmap View Post
So Murray cannot come close to beating Djokovic? On Andy's worst surface (clay) only a few months back (Italian Open) he was serving for the match aginst the Serb. He fucked up (two double faults when serving for the match) of course but I would call serving for the match 'coming close' to beating Djokovic. I am replying to Rodre Fegassi by the way.
Djokovic was dead by the end of second set ....6-1 first set happens when the King is fit .... and btw he still won......anyway he said that Murray is nowhere near the big 3 and he is right ....

Also Pele is nowhere near Messi skill wise
Old 09-20-2011, 08:35 PM   #130
country flag Roadmap

Quote:
Djokovic was dead by the end of second set ....6-1 first set happens when the King is fit .... and btw he still won......anyway he said that Murray is nowhere near the big 3 and he is right ....

Funny how Djokovic was supposedly 'dead' in the match versus Murray but less than 24 hours later looked fresh as a daisy in defeating Nadal. That despite playing more than three hours against the Scot the previous night. The night before he played Murray he was involved in a 'contest' (I use that word advisedly) with Soderling that lasted only 77 minutes. Maybe he did not sit in the egg after the Soderling match but did after the Murray match?
Old 09-20-2011, 08:37 PM   #131
country flag Roadmap

Pele>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Messi
Old 09-20-2011, 08:44 PM   #132
country flag Saberq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadmap View Post
Funny how Djokovic was supposedly 'dead' in the match versus Murray but less than 24 hours later looked fresh as a daisy in defeating Nadal. That despite playing more than three hours against the Scot the previous night. The night before he played Murray he was involved in a 'contest' (I use that word advisedly) with Soderling that lasted only 77 minutes. Maybe he did not sit in the egg after the Soderling match but did after the Murray match?
it was strange to me too
Old 09-20-2011, 09:12 PM   #133
country flag Rodre Fegassi

Rodre Fegassi has a reputation beyond reputeRodre Fegassi has a reputation beyond reputeRodre Fegassi has a reputation beyond reputeRodre Fegassi has a reputation beyond reputeRodre Fegassi has a reputation beyond reputeRodre Fegassi has a reputation beyond reputeRodre Fegassi has a reputation beyond reputeRodre Fegassi has a reputation beyond reputeRodre Fegassi has a reputation beyond reputeRodre Fegassi has a reputation beyond reputeRodre Fegassi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I don't think that Murray will beat any of the big 3 ever again in any tournament or even get a set off them.

I think Delpo is the only active player now that will ever get a set off a big 3 guy some time in the future.
Rodre Fegassi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #134
country flag Everko

Everko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodre Fegassi View Post
I don't think that Murray will beat any of the big 3 ever again in any tournament or even get a set off them.

Bold. But I like it. He is mentally destroyed now and cannot match up with Rafa or Novak. The only way he can have a shot is if he plays Federer.

about the Federer Will Fall thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raferminator
Best damn thread I've ever read on MTF. You should be awarded for being a visionary. Some of us out here noticed it and appreciated it.
Federer will fall
Murray will never win a slam
Federer will never beat Nadal again in a slam
Golubev will rise
Go Ouahab
Everko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:26 PM   #135
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post

who says there has to be link for everything moron? this happened to be a coversation between pete and justin over the weekend which i happen to hear about from justin himself on nation tele.

feel like an idiot yet?
Clay, I never ever feel like an idiot when I am talking to you. Never.

Sure... you saw, you heard on national TV...

Yet, no one else seems to have heard that conversation and someone actually provided a link where Sampras kind of says the opposite...

Considering all the BS you have been thickly laying about your non-MTF life (like managing multiple companies and being a ladies man despite spending all your nights and weekends in the Castle), one can be excused for having doubts about anything you put forward.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote