Pete Sampras & Boris Becker apparently Believes This Is the Strongest Era Ever - Page 19 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-24-2011, 04:35 PM   #271
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dr. Sampras , Ph.D, MD, DVM, Believes This Is the Strongest Era Ever

so the word "douche" again. are you out of them? go steal. looks like you are good at it.

i only talk to intelligent adults little johnny. this is way over your head old sport.

now beat it.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2011, 04:38 PM   #272
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dr. Sampras , Ph.D, MD, DVM, Believes This Is the Strongest Era Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
so the word "douche" again. are you out of them? go steal. looks like you are good at it.

i only talk to intelligent adults little johnny. this is way over your head old sport.

now beat it.
Can't even answer a simple question and rather acts as if the question does not exists when answering it would expose you as a fool.

Pretty douchey right there, Clay Douche. Do I have to explain that again?

Answer the damn question that is on topic.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:42 PM   #273
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

sorry. bring me somebody intelligent here and i will answer the question.

go play outside or go shoplifting for those douches that you keep talking about. why dont you just try vinegar and water? its cheaper.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:45 PM   #274
country flag Bobby

Bobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond reputeBobby has a reputation beyond repute

I'll help a bit. I believe modern racquet technology is what makes it possible to hit harder shots from difficult positions. What do you think, Clay Death?

Singles Rank: 202
2007: QF Forest Hills CH, Turin CH, Scheveningen CH

Doubles Rank: 189
2007: W Turin CH (w/Dougie), F Scheveningen CH (w/Dougie)
Bobby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:46 PM   #275
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Still not answering the simple question.

And still unable to provide a link of some sort to the original statement of the thread.

Attacking me does not hide those facts, Clay Diva.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:56 PM   #276
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
I'll help a bit. I believe modern racquet technology is what makes it possible to hit harder shots from difficult positions. What do you think, Clay Death?

affirmative. it has a huge role in the new power and the runaway speed of the game but we have extracted most of the gains in technology for now.

now the additional gains in power and the speed of the game are coming from the athletes themselves. they are simply bigger, stronger, and faster. average height of a player in the top 100 is nearing 6 foot 3 which is unprecdented.

this is why i have suggested that we need to dispense with this bullshit about the so called the slowing down of the courts. the new speed of the game--and its only getting faster--easily negates any slowing down of the courts. and who the hell wants to see serving exhibitions anyway.

more on this next time so stay tuned. check out this article that i found for now:

Modern Tennis - The Evolution of Modern Tennis Technique and Footwork

Modern Tennis is a High Speed Game

Today, in modern tennis we see players hitting the tennis ball harder than ever before with tons of topspin. At the pro levels, top pros like Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal hit their tennis forehands with extreme topspin, along with incredible speeds. They are able to produce wicked topspin angle passes. These shots in modern tennis were never seen before in the past. Evolution of Modern Tennis

One of the reasons why modern tennis has evolved so rapidly is because of the equipment. Tennis strings and tennis rackets are now made of different material than they were in the past. These advances in the equipment allow players to increase the racket head speed to maximum levels and still keep the ball in play.

In addition, the players themselves have made rapid advancements to tennis technique. The pros are now swinging the racket faster than ever before, producing greater racket head speed. These crushing new speeds were previously unmatched by the tennis champions that preceded them. The tennis technique of the pros have also changed in modern tennis.

Changes in the tennis technique of the forehand, backhand and serve technique. Clearly, the pros today are hitting the ball differently than they were in the past. This is partially due to advancements in the equipment such as the tennis rackets, tennis strings and even the tennis balls.

Modern Tennis Footwork

Nearly every high level tennis player today also has fast and explosive tennis footwork. Modern tennis footwork is also a high paced movement. On TV, we see the pros cover the court with amazing agility and precision. Even balls landing in the opposite corner of the court are covered well, and players are rapidly able to turn defence into offence in a blink of an eye. The modern tennis footwork is now made up of quick sprints and high speed movement.

In the past, the tennis footwork was not of vital importance. The champions of the past rarely played at the baseline, and most rallys ended up at the net. The person who was able to dictate the point at the net usually finished the point. Everything was predominantly serve and volley.

Modern tennis footwork today includes side to side baseline movement. Players today in modern tennis must be able to quickly move laterally as well as side to side. Quick recognition of the incoming ball and anticipation is key.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:04 PM   #277
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
Thanks for pointing out I was right. Nice backtracking Clay Death. Very brave of you.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:07 PM   #278
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

no you were wrong little johhny so you can stop foaming at the mouth now.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:09 PM   #279
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Quote:

now the additional gains in power and the speed of the game are coming from the athletes themselves.
No. That is allowed because of the technology. The game has evolved to this power stuff we see these days because of it.

Of course players have adapted their technique to the new technology, but in this case of the chicken or the egg, technology came first and is central to players being able to hit those types of shot.

Remove the technology and Nadal's shot making suddenly gets very generic...
Old 09-24-2011, 05:10 PM   #280
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Quote:
no you were wrong little johhny so you can stop foaming at the mouth now.
I've been on topic and right Clay Douche. Your posts have been nothing but personal attacks.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:19 PM   #281
country flag Start da Game
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
Are you saying that technology is not what allows players to hit bigger shots? Yes or no?

Stick to the topic, you big douche.
you are the one sparking off fights, small john......clay death clearly said it's a combination of racket technology and the size of the athletes today......you combine both and we have players positioning themselves like never before and blasting from all parts of the court like never before......i don't get what's your problem here when he answered your question already in the previous posts......
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:24 PM   #282
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Start da Coin now... who's missing now, Everko?

This is where your companion is wrong:

Quote:
its not just the technology. most of the additional power is coming from the athletes themselves now. they dont hit the ball like they used to few years back. now they attack it by hurling themselves into the ball. and of course the athletes are bigger, taller, stronger, faster, and more fit today.
It is, because without the technology, the new technique, the new power and powerful accuracy do not exist.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:24 PM   #283
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

I just can't help but find it hilarious how Nadaltards are the only ones who think the courts are still fast. The courts have been clearly slowed down for ages now. It's helped Nadal, because slow courts are his best surface, obviously. The slower the courts, the better Nadal does. This is why he's done so well. The courts are so slow. As I've said already, 95% of non-claycourts have been slowed down to the point where they are almost as slow as clay courts. Of course, not all of them are as slow as that. There are different tiers of slow on the tour. Wimbledon, for example, is one of the slowest courts around that used to be fast. Cincinatti and Montreal, though slowed down, are still faster than many courts on the tour.
The only really fast courts left are Newport and most of the indoor courts near the end of the year.

As for this era being the strongest, the top four are clearly one of the best in a long time, though Djokovic and Nadal are trash players to any sane tennis fan. The media seems to hype up this era quite a bit, as do former tennis players, Sampras being the example here. The current top four are one of the best in terms of results, wins, quality etc. and will probably stay as the top four for quite a long time still. The 80s/early 90s shit all over the current era, though. Murray and Federer can only keep make up for Djokovic and Nadal's trashness a little bit.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 6 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 15 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $31,928,448 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 453-142...
TITLES: 28 and counting...

Last edited by Sapeod : 09-24-2011 at 05:32 PM.
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:27 PM   #284
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like CD and BJ need to get themselves a room
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:31 PM   #285
country flag Start da Game
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

the way i see it, it's true that they slowed down some courts but the agony and crying over it is grossly exaggerated......

as far as slams are concerned, except wimbledon and perhaps to the minutest level us open, every slam is played on faster/equal surfaces compared to 90s......australian open is clearly faster than during the rebound ace days......they really did something very serious to the french courts in 2009 and they started playing ridiculously fast since then......

probably us open slowed down a wee bit this year but that effect is nill because just look at some of the results......hometown serve oriented players roddick, isner, rising attack oriented player donald young reaching QF and 4th round respectively......
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote