The "I can still win matches" Fall Season 2011 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-14-2011, 01:56 PM   #46
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "I can still win matches" Fall Season 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
Just look the results and the not very sucessful team spend 2 hours on court today for their doubles. It must a tactic by Nico to tire Arno for tomorrow I was fun listening Arno that they wanted the title but they can't win together Tomorrow scheduled as last match for their nineth encounters 7-1 for Nico

I was wondering about his schedule until the end of the year and for the start of 2012

Next week Orleans but then nothing sure It looks that he won't try the qualies of the both 500 but he will surely try the Bercy qualies. I don't know if he will stop after that or play the last challengers For the Interclub I found nothing. Marignane is playing in second division this year so he could not play them. And for 2012 i'm not sure he will fly down under
maybe it's but if i may interrupt this thread (not doing this much lately, but i do sometime read your fantastic updates ) it is the only thing that i wonder about arno now. if he doesn't travel, even if he continues to play small challengers, for me he's a local player somewhere in europe. he's no longer a world player
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #47
country flag Lesliem

Lesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you understand about what ?

I didn't watch the match because it started around 11.30 pm I think as Benny was still on court at 11 pm. They had a really stupid schedule and very long matches all the day. You have no idea to make play a veteran so late I don't know if it was a problem for him but for me yes

At the same time a Nico/Arno match you know how it ends and i didn't find Arno was in great form tuesday and in interview too and if you say he didn't fight that's a bad sign Not sure we'll see him a lot until the end of the year. Body is maybe hurting and the head doesn't follow
I think as the commentators said that Arnaud doesn't like playing late at all...And they added he was not feeling really fit since the beginning of the tournament. I also found he looked very tired on the conf video especially the one with Nico. He was frustrated yesterday because it was not good on returns, some strange calls by the empire ect and he was not fighting. Playing against the guy who always beat him, very late and probably with physical problems (when he changed his shirt we saw a kind of pink strapping on his shoulder and he was often touching his shoulder ) he was not in ideal conditions.

Last edited by Lesliem : 10-14-2011 at 03:45 PM.
Lesliem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:20 PM   #48
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

When he’s motivated it’s surely not a problem to play late. Then it’s obvious he was not at 100% the difference with Metz was evident Tuesday. And in the interview he was looking tired and resigned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesliem View Post
probably with physical problems (when he changed his shirt we saw a kind of pink strapping on his shoulder and he was often touching his shoulder ) he was not in ideal conditions.
Poor boy it’s surely one reason he was annoyed by that the match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
maybe it's but if i may interrupt this thread (not doing this much lately, but i do sometime read your fantastic updates ) it is the only thing that i wonder about arno now. if he doesn't travel, even if he continues to play small challengers, for me he's a local player somewhere in europe. he's no longer a world player
It sounds cruel but i understand your point of view then for me he's still a pro tennis player no doubt on that but I'm ok no more a world class one as it's true that his ending is happening on the small category of tournaments

But no problem about being a of a veteran, injured an losing player Never in doubt about my cheers
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:53 PM   #49
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Feliciano Lopez in R1 of Orleans I don't know if we have to laugh or cry Normally Lopez is a good match for Arno but now we have Lopez who plays Masters semi and Arno who is no more a world player as defined by Via

They should play wednesday imo enough time to complain that's it's a bad draw
Old 10-16-2011, 05:28 PM   #50
country flag soulage

He plays doubles with..................Nico Mahut, yes again They play their first and last ? round tomorrow afternoon.

Confirmation that the match vs Lopez will be on wednesday http://www.facebook.com/video/video....50494191873327

With last news about the tournamament exhibition it sure that Arno won't play the two weeks after Orleans. He must not be motivated by the tour
Old 10-17-2011, 05:51 PM   #51
country flag soulage

lost in doubles

I watched the 5 first games and the last two and they were so bad Arno was slow at the beginning and Nico poor at the net always at the opposite of the ball Well in the two last games Nico was not even try to play some decent tennis.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:45 PM   #52
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Feliciano Lopez in R1 of Orleans I don't know if we have to laugh or cry Normally Lopez is a good match for Arno but now we have Lopez who plays Masters semi and Arno who is no more a world player as defined by Via
don't laugh, i won't be surprised if the 'lesser' players define themselves by how far they travel once they get to top 100 then everyone travels and they have bigger goals.

the question is, what's this world class lopez doing in orleans?
Old 10-19-2011, 04:00 PM   #53
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

This "world class" Lopez wanted to be defeated in a challenger just for fun Arnaud won, 6-4, 7-5!
I didn't see any of it, just checked the scores one minute ago
Old 10-19-2011, 04:26 PM   #54
country flag soulage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
This "world class" Lopez wanted to be defeated in a challenger just for fun Arnaud won, 6-4, 7-5!
I didn't see any of it, just checked the scores one minute ago
Lopez is neither a world class player Coming in a foreign country to play a challenger for money is not the best thing in tennis

I saw some games of the beginning and of the very end. First Lopez was not really concerned by the match wondering why he signed up for that tournament Lopez made a poor start and Arno was poor on his own service game at the beginning. I thinks he needs some games to warm up his shoulder during the toss and the warm up he was doing a lot of movement to warm her Well Arno went with an early break that he kept with the help of Lopez to lead 4-2. Then saw the four last games Arno was better in the game , serving better and Lopez still not concerned I found Arno good on the legs It was a poor draw that turns in his favour still good to take

Tomorrow Hajek around 5.30 pm

He gave his impressions on facebook https://www.facebook.com/arnaudcleme...51612708220096

Last edited by soulage : 10-19-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:12 PM   #55
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

He won 6-4,6-3 against Hajek, i suppose he played well, plays LL Menendez-Maceiras on QF
Old 10-20-2011, 05:51 PM   #56
country flag soulage

Not a great match but a win is a win . At the beginning Arno retained his shots he was not good from the baseline with a lot of balls in the net but he was serving well so it was ok to keep his serves. The crucial moment of the match is at 4-4 Arno had to save 2 BP at 15-40. He hits no 1st serve on both, the first is a miss by Hajek and the second saved by a wonderful forehand down the line. This shots was the shot to hit to feel free. Then he break and win the set break early in the second one and it was OK to win that match.

I'm pretty sure Arno doesn't know his next opponent and he prefers to be the underdog. And he will not be happy he plays as last match tomorrow around 9 pm not easy as the spaniard seems to be in his week and on slow HC we never know.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:49 PM   #57
country flag Fat Camel

Fat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond repute

6-1 6-4!!

I can't say he was great today but this level was obviously enough fir his today's opponent. But 1st serve stats are too damn impressing - 29\30, 97 % points won on it!!

Next is Berankis, the guy who started this bad Arnaud's season back in January.
ARNAUD CLEMENT
Xavier Malisse Janko Tipsarevic
Stanislas Wawrinka - Brian Baker - Roger Federer - Daniel Evans - Alexandr Dolgopolov - Gilles Simon - Lleyton Hewitt - Richard Berankis - Ernests Gulbis - Mikhail Youzhny - Nicolas Mahut - Oli Rochus - James Blake - Fabio Fognini - David Nalbandian - Marcos Baghdatis - Paul-Henri Mathieu - Tommy Robredo - Danai Udomchoke
Fabrice Santoro - Marat Safin - Nicolas Lapentti - Sebastian Grosjean - Andy Roddick
Fat Camel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:42 PM   #58
country flag Via

this is a great run, by arno's recent standard

all thanks to world class lopez

unfortunately no extra points for beating high ranked players.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:12 AM   #59
country flag soulage

Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Camel View Post
But 1st serve stats are too damn impressing - 29\30, 97 % points won on it!!

Berankis is a talented guy that I like. He seems coming back in his form of the start of the year. Arno is not the fav so let's see what he can do with the crowd.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:41 PM   #60
country flag soulage

He's on final He won 63 64

From local TV