to all russian-speaker - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-20-2006, 04:56 PM   #16
country flag Dream

Dream has a reputation beyond reputeDream has a reputation beyond reputeDream has a reputation beyond reputeDream has a reputation beyond reputeDream has a reputation beyond reputeDream has a reputation beyond reputeDream has a reputation beyond reputeDream has a reputation beyond reputeDream has a reputation beyond reputeDream has a reputation beyond reputeDream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: to all russian-speaker

Here it is. Enjoy!

THE FIRST ONE

Aleksandr Volkov’s again in love and happy.

After he stopped being the Kremlin Cup Director in 2002 and moved to Kaliningrad, lots of unbelievable rumours about him appeared. It was told Sasha had an unrequited love, fell ill, became a hermit. To find out what’s in fact happening in the life of a great tennis player our journalist went to see him. [not sure about the date, looks like it was some time ago - Dream]

Tired of tennis.

Sasha met us in his mainson smiling, with wonderfully smelling tea and friut cakes. All questions about unrequited love were gone in a minute: from the kitchen with a kettle appeared a pretty woman and Sasha said: “My love, Tatyana”.

Sasha’s very offended by unbelievable stories circlulating around the city. - The most weird fantasy, - he says, - is that I’m gonna build Spartak stadium on with different buildings so that children won’t be able to play tennis. Garbage!

13 th racket of the world, one of the fastest and brightest players can hardly be imagined lying on a sofa of gardening all day long. But that’s exactly what Aleksandr Volkov has been doing for two years. That’s what he calls “just life”.

- You just can’t imagine how tired of tennis I am, - he says. – I’ve been playing for 22 years, since I was 10. When I left sport, I couldn’t even watch tennis on TV at first. A human’s potential has its limit, everything gets boring, you have to live quiet a little to understand what’s going on inside you and around.

Aleksandr admits that due to permanent race and tiredness he did something stupid. For example, divorced with his wife Yaroslava. Sasha says she was great and very patient, but once he had a peculiarity in his mind [not sure it’s the exact translation - Dream] and the marriage was shattered. – Noe we have good relationship, - Aleksandr says. – Our son Pasha spend much time with me and Yaroslava, but that’s more my fault that we split up.

Ideal dad

A year and a half ago Aleksandr Volkov fell in love again. A graduate of Kaliningrad school # 32 and law faculty Tatyana Dobrovolskaya Sasha’s known for long. Having met several years ago at some party they realizes they couldn’t do without each other.

- Tanya moved to me, - he says. - I have a son, she has 8 y.o. daughter, and ew managed to make one friendly family.

Day in the Volkovs’ home’s totally goes on according to school timetable. Dirung the interview Sasha called twice to know when lessons at Pasha’s school end and his tennis training starts (young Volkov’s coach is Ludmila Shklyar).

- Sasha’s a great father, - says Tatyana.- he takes care of my daughter not less that of his son.

Sunday walks are loved by the kids. Sasha takes them to the cinema or to the zoo, they go to the seaside or pick up mushrooms.

Aleksandr assures that Tatyana’s the one providing peace in the family. In November she turnds 28.
- She’s smart, pretty, - Volkov describes, - but the most important is that she’s patient because I’m not a gift. [he means his temper – Dream ]

I notice yellow chrysanthemums in the vase. Tatyana’s most favorite floweres were given by Aleksandr

“I’ll be back”

500-square meter mainson’s ideally clean. Tanya doesn’t work and is totally devoted to household. But she can’t take care about such a big house herself.

- We’ve had a helper – Lena, - says Aleksand, - she’s relianble and thanks to her we’re not covered with filth.
Though a glass door room I can see a woman of about 30 hurrying to wash the second floor.

- And Valentina takes care of the teritory around the house, - Volkov continues. – She works at the botanic garden and we can entrust her with taking care of our firs and cypresses.

There are also pets in the Volkovs’ house. A coool, as hosts say, cat is “hanging out” somewhere, but a shinshilla [can’t find out how to translate that, hope it’s OK - Dream] is there. Tanya and Sasha start searching for the pet. In five minutes the furry lump was shown.
- Of this wonder the most expensive fur coats are made,- says Sasha. – we bought it in one of the pet shops in Kaliningrad. It’s pretty! But if you knew how it defecates!

Volkov has little free time and he spantd it for the things he likes – watches Discovery Channel, goes hunting, listens to misuc: new album of Uma2rman is “absolutely super”.
Tatya and Sasha also travel – were in UAE not long ago.

But at the courts Sasha appears not so often.
- First of all, I’ve given all my rackets ans trainers, - Tanya laughs, - these are the souvenirs fans ask for.
- Besides, I’m not as fit as I used to be, - Aleksandr says. – When you’re flying at the court as a piece of flake it’s one thing and when you put on weight it’s not that funny.
But almost every morning Tatyana and Aleksandr go cycling around Verkhnee Lake.

Resting’s great, but as Sasha says, it’s time to stop doing nothing.
- I receive different offers from Moscow and abroad, - I’ll make my mind until the New Year. Tanya loves me like for who I am, without fame and mobs of fans. But I’m not gonna wste money I’ve earned. Now I realize it’s time to start doing something again. That means I’ll be back soon.

And the second one.

Aleksandr Volkov’s coming back.

We’ve lost singt of Aleksandr Volkov for some time. Having played for the team for long, after finishing his career he tried was a coach (worked with Marat Safin for a half of the year) and an official (Kremlin Cup Director in 1999-2001), he dissapeared from people’s view.

There were gossips that Sasha went off tennis, started business, put on weight, had health problems, threw racket far away… What a surprise it was when at one of the practises before Russia-Chile DC match I saw Volkov at the court of Olympiyski!

Aleksandr wasn’t looking like the one with extra weight and bad health, he was running actively returning balls of young players (I saw him playing with Igor Andreev). He was doing it with much pleasure.

- And the shirt! – I couldn’t help shouting!
The shirt was wet through.
- Huh! The shirt wet through! Being worn by a tennis player! How is it possble? – Aleksandr was kidding me.
Thanks god, he still has that famous sense of humour.
I was lucky – our talk atarted quite easily.

[then you should have clicked on подробнее to read the rest – Dream ]
Dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2006, 05:21 PM   #17
country flag Johanna

Johanna has a reputation beyond reputeJohanna has a reputation beyond reputeJohanna has a reputation beyond reputeJohanna has a reputation beyond reputeJohanna has a reputation beyond reputeJohanna has a reputation beyond reputeJohanna has a reputation beyond reputeJohanna has a reputation beyond reputeJohanna has a reputation beyond reputeJohanna has a reputation beyond reputeJohanna has a reputation beyond repute

The link didn't work... but hey, thanks SO much! I really appreciate your work because it's not exactly a short piece of information.

Am a bit proud of myself as well, been surfing on Russian websites and found the exact article I was hoping to find - some reveiling on 'Sasha's' years away - although I really don't understand one word of Russian. Could just as well have been Chinese.

I saw him on TV a couple of weeks ago, Davis Cup tournament, and it brought back memories of 15-17 years ago, when I was intrigued by his character and fascinating play.

By the way, it's a Chinchilla . And the message is from somewhere in 2004.

Anyone that finds me more info on Volkov's present days, let me know. I'm always interested, especially if he flies over to the Benelux to coach the youngsters.

Again, thanks a lot, Dream!
Johanna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 07:09 PM   #18
country flag Dream

Dream has a reputation beyond reputeDream has a reputation beyond reputeDream has a reputation beyond reputeDream has a reputation beyond reputeDream has a reputation beyond reputeDream has a reputation beyond reputeDream has a reputation beyond reputeDream has a reputation beyond reputeDream has a reputation beyond reputeDream has a reputation beyond reputeDream has a reputation beyond repute

If I had known I would have paid more attention to him in Moscow Well, next time
Dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 11:08 AM   #19
country flag BelgianWaffle

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to say I find it so adorable that you russians say "third racket of the world".
BelgianWaffle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 11:56 AM   #20
country flag {Annie}

{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute

LOL Ulrike, it's a literal translation from Russian
Igor Andreev
Mitya Torsonoff
Zhenya Korolev

MOHAMED LAHYANI
{Annie} is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:20 PM   #21
country flag Five

Five has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond repute

Just image Marat = a racquet
Five is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 05:01 PM   #22
country flag Russian elephant

Russian elephant has a reputation beyond reputeRussian elephant has a reputation beyond reputeRussian elephant has a reputation beyond reputeRussian elephant has a reputation beyond reputeRussian elephant has a reputation beyond reputeRussian elephant has a reputation beyond reputeRussian elephant has a reputation beyond reputeRussian elephant has a reputation beyond reputeRussian elephant has a reputation beyond reputeRussian elephant has a reputation beyond reputeRussian elephant has a reputation beyond repute

U can even say rOcket not rAcket
In Russian it's rather similar words

E. KOROLEV
Russian elephant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 06:25 PM   #23
country flag BelgianWaffle

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute

so is the second best golf player of the world reffered to as 'second golfball/golfstick of the world'?
BelgianWaffle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 07:28 PM   #24
country flag {Annie}

{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute

Golfstick I suppose... though it would sound funny

Первая клюшка мира
Igor Andreev
Mitya Torsonoff
Zhenya Korolev

MOHAMED LAHYANI
{Annie} is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote