Rogi Fed in TMS Madrid! - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-15-2004, 01:28 PM   #46
country flag lsy

lsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rogi Fed in TMS Madrid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjengster
Of the two of them I'd hope Federer could win Paris since I like the event and he's said it has "potential", but this was one of his biggest indoor results from last year and it would be stupid to miss out if he's fit, especially when the field is so weak.
I only remembered that match of him vs Henman last year, if I'm not wrong, he was booed off court Field is weak?

Quote:
It would be great if Henman could defend, I don't imagine for a moment he will, but he needs points anywhere he can get them and I'm really worried that he's going to miss out on the TMC for the second time in three years because of another injury (he had the bad shoulder in 2002, now it's his back). Actually, I'm hoping for another Federer-Henman final in Basel after their match three years ago, which would show whether Federer can now beat Henman indoors as well as outdoors, at an event where the conditions seem to suit the older man much better.
Quite unlikely for Henman to miss out TMC this year, isnt' it? Why not Federer-Henman in Paris but Basel? And who will you be cheering for if that happens?
lsy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2004, 01:31 PM   #47
country flag lsy

lsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyveN

Even if Roger pulls out I dont think Andre will win. This tournament is in Spain, indoors. Don't think he will be able to reproduce the form he showed in USA.
If he can't, perharps the talk of him in that DC final might just quiet down a bit.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:36 PM   #48
WyveN
Banned!

WyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsy
If he can't, perharps the talk of him in that DC final might just quiet down a bit.
True. Peak Agassi could just about win the tie alone for them but this year Agassi's clay season was more then Roddicks.
WyveN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 01:36 PM   #49
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsy
I only remembered that match of him vs Henman last year, if I'm not wrong, he was booed off court Field is weak?

Quite unlikely for Henman to miss out TMC this year, isnt' it? Why not Federer-Henman in Paris but Basel? And who will you be cheering for if that happens?
The Parisians unfortunately do not have a great impression of Federer since he hasn't reserved his best for their city - last year they watched him crash out of RG in the first round without much obvious effort, and I'll bet a few of the same fans were there watching him lose to Henman at the TMS event. He did say in his interview that he had to win the first set, once he blew his chances he basically tanked the second. When he got broken once again to go down 5-1, he had a cross-court forehand volley with the court wide open and deliberately slotted it wide, I'm sure, to lose the game.

I meant the Madrid field is weak, although I suppose that's in relative terms - look at the list of seeded players left and there are still some very good matches ahead. It's good for Ferrero more than anyone, now he's seeded higher and has a chance of defending a few more points.

I've said on another board that Henman has managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in the past when it's come to the Masters Cup, I hope it doesn't happen this time. This is a good part of the year for him, but he can't rest on his laurels after those great GS results. I thought it a bit more likely that he and Federer would meet in Basel because they'll be fewer top players there and both of them have great records at the event. I suppose I would go for Federer this year since he's already lost one final to Henman (and lost to him another time in Basel, way back in 1999), but if the latter needed the win to get to Houston, I'd be behind him.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 01:38 PM   #50
country flag Shy

Shy has a reputation beyond reputeShy has a reputation beyond reputeShy has a reputation beyond reputeShy has a reputation beyond reputeShy has a reputation beyond reputeShy has a reputation beyond reputeShy has a reputation beyond reputeShy has a reputation beyond reputeShy has a reputation beyond reputeShy has a reputation beyond reputeShy has a reputation beyond repute

I can see sense for why Roger is pulling out, but for the tournament sake, I hopre not.
Shy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 01:46 PM   #51
country flag lsy

Quote:
He did say in his interview that he had to win the first set, once he blew his chances he basically tanked the second. When he got broken once again to go down 5-1, he had a cross-court forehand volley with the court wide open and deliberately slotted it wide, I'm sure, to lose the game.
I know, I saw that pathetic second set Rogi...though I forgave him right after the crowd booed him

Quote:
I meant the Madrid field is weak, although I suppose that's in relative terms - look at the list of seeded players left and there are still some very good matches ahead. It's good for Ferrero more than anyone, now he's seeded higher and has a chance of defending a few more points.
Ok i thought you meant Paris field will be weak, thought for some reason you already know who's going to pull out there. Certainly will be interesting, I'm looking ahead to enjoy the tournament when I don't have to suffer nervously for Rogi's matches.

Unfortunaly I wouldn't be cheering for Fererro here though, hopefully juanguilover doesn't visit this forum

Quote:
I suppose I would go for Federer this year since he's already lost one final to Henman (and lost to him another time in Basel, way back in 1999), but if the latter needed the win to get to Houston, I'd be behind him.
I thought you would definitely go for Henman looking at the year Rogi has had this year...not as partisan as I thought you are then
Old 10-15-2004, 01:47 PM   #52
country flag lsy

Quote:
True. Peak Agassi could just about win the tie alone for them but this year Agassi's clay season was more then Roddicks.
Really? Peak Andre can win the peak Ferrero or Moya on clay, for sure, WyveN?
Old 10-15-2004, 01:52 PM   #53
WyveN
Banned!

WyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsy
Really? Peak Andre can win the peak Ferrero or Moya on clay, for sure, WyveN?
Andre did beat Moya in 1999 at the french open when Moya was defending champion.

Ferrero is certainly the better clay courter though, lets just say young Andre would have a far bigger chance then the team the USA are sending this year
WyveN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 01:59 PM   #54
country flag lsy

Quote:
Ferrero is certainly the better clay courter though, lets just say young Andre would have a far bigger chance then the team the USA are sending this year
Captain Obvious now?

Looks like Rogi is officially out and Henman is no.1 seed

How about changing this thread to cheering for our other favourites instead? Here's mine :

Gooooo.....David
Gooooo.....Pavel
and Gooooo.....Tim....(more for Sjengster's sake though)
Old 10-15-2004, 02:02 PM   #55
country flag RonE

RonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond repute

I'm waiting for Basel
RonE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 03:18 PM   #56
country flag Rogiman

Rogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, enough with that Roger!

I've been waiting long enough for you to play!

Listen to me and listen hard, I have no job, I have no place to go, you're not in the mood? you get in the mood!

Now go there and get the fricking title!
Rogiman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 03:55 PM   #57
country flag yanchr

yanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond repute

I've expected to see Roger for long!!! Ok..is there any definite news about Roger's pulling out? It seems like I'll have to wait for another ... 2 weeks acutally
yanchr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 04:07 PM   #58
country flag yanchr

yanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond repute

Just read the confirmed news in Madrid forum about Roger's pulling out. THanks jtipson.

Roger why this late Now that Basel's your only focus, you'll have to WIN it then
yanchr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 05:22 PM   #59
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

don't forget Rogi lost the Basel final to Tim a couple of yrs ago and cried his pretty eyes out at the ceremony...

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 07:08 PM   #60
country flag Fedex

Fedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually, I'm hoping for another Federer-Henman final in Basel after their match three years ago, which would show whether Federer can now beat Henman indoors as well as outdoors, at an event where the conditions seem to suit the older man much better.
I would think this time around it would be a different result, despite it being on indoors. Federer, is also a great indoors player, so I see no reason why he cant beat Henman on indoors.