The Unbearable Ennui of the Indoor Season. Rafachat Vol. 74 - Page 103 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 03:25 PM   #1531
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vamos Rafa!! Rafachat for RafatardFanGirls and their sometimes Fedtard Pals. Vo

Esterella, there's the soft g and the hard g in the Dutch language as I have explained already at length before* but you're taking the senile route here, I'm guessing.

* Andreea is probably silently begging me to not explain it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty View Post
mm grumpy answer..so in the tease..there was something of true
You're clearly hitting a nerve, Betty.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2011, 03:30 PM   #1532
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vamos Rafa!! Rafachat for RafatardFanGirls and their sometimes Fedtard Pals. Vo

Quote:

cmon hema, i was jk

Betty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
Esterella, there's the soft g and the hard g in the Dutch language as I have explained already at length before* but you're taking the senile route here, I'm guessing.

* Andreea is probably silently begging me to not explain it again
The hard g is the one of which I type.

And I don’t have to take the senile route, I’m on the senile expressway.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-29-2011, 03:33 PM   #1533
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Say hi to Maria when you meet her on that expressway.

I'll get my coat....
Old 09-29-2011, 03:35 PM   #1534
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Say hi to Maria when you meet her on that expressway.

I'll get my coat....

Maria will have to overtake me.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:36 PM   #1535
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
And everyone a woman.
I was told otherwise.

Quote:

cmon hema, i was jk
You see right through me, Betty

Quote:

You're clearly hitting a nerve, Betty.
Shutup,ild.
"Who ain't a slave? Tell me that. Well, then, however the old sea-captains may order me about—however they may thump and punch me about, I have the satisfaction of knowing that it is all right; that everybody else is one way or other served in much the same way— either in a physical or metaphysical point of view, that is; and so the universal thump is passed round, and all hands should rub each other's shoulder-blades, and be content." - Herman Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #1536
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Hilde thinking that I DON'T skip her Dutch explaining posts, if this is not love I don't know what is
Old 09-29-2011, 05:48 PM   #1537
country flag Castafiore

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
Hilde thinking that I DON'T skip her Dutch explaining posts, if this is not love I don't know what is
Old 09-29-2011, 08:06 PM   #1538
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

For Metis (and Rafa): In California where the mountain lion population has increased there is a 1 in 32 million chance of death from a mountain lion attack which causes everyone to panic and want to have mountain lions tracked and shot and yet there is a 50 times higher risk, i.e. 1 in 700,000 of being killed in a dog attack.

No word on deaths from kitty attacks.

Source: The Making of the Fittest: DNA and the ultimate forensic record of evolution. Sean Carroll

Illustrating that we overestimate the chances of something good happening and fret unduly about remote events happening (such as shark attacks) while ignoring greater risks closer at hand. Eg. If you drive 10 miles to buy a lottery ticket you have a 16 times greater chance of being killed in a traffic accident than winning the lottery. If you buy 50 tickets every week will win the jackpot about once every 30.000 years. *

*statistics for U.S. only .

Last edited by star : 09-29-2011 at 08:12 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:07 PM   #1539
country flag Minn

Minn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You don't hear it often? It's not the worst song if you don't hear it often but any song will get to you when they play it too often, I think.

Each time they do a "best of" show on the radio (meaning that people can send their favorite songs and they play the most requested song as number one), three songs usually fight for the top 3 spot.
- Bohemian rhapsody, Queen
- Paradise by the dashboard light, Meatloaf
- Summer of 69, Bryan Adams.
"Summer of 69" isn't one of my favourites either.

Quote:
Story I've read about the crisis in Greece.

The Greek government is obviously looking for money and one of the areas where they seem to be getting less money than they ought to get is taxes on outdoor swimming pools.

They're only getting tax for 170 outdoor swimming pools which is a ridiculously low figure because Greece obviously has a whole lot more of them.

Brilliant idea from the officials:
Using tools such as google earth,...to check out all the outdoor swimming pools in order to be able to get taxes on all of them.

Mensa brain idea from Greek civilians:
cover the swimming pools up so that from above, it looks just like the rest of the garden.

Greek masterminds at work.

Quote:
Canadian member of parliament Rathika Sitsabaiesan:

On the right, the picture as it was shown by the parliament.
On the left, the same picture as found by a journalist on another website.

I can't believe that felt the need to photoshop that tiny bit of cleavage.
I am embarrassed for my country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
What is this? Saudi Arabia? where talking to men is considering hunting
Saudi Arabia is finally giving women the right to vote and run for office! I hope they totally take advantage of this right and responsibility and don't vote how they're told by some male relatives (which I have to imagine will happen in some cases, at least). Now they need to be given the right to drive.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:11 PM   #1540
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minn View Post

I am embarrassed for my country.

Saudi Arabia is finally giving women the right to vote and run for office! I hope they totally take advantage of this right and responsibility and don't vote how they're told by some male relatives (which I have to imagine will happen in some cases, at least). Now they need to be given the right to drive.
I consider that to be too much cleavage to be showing at work. Am I an old foggie? I’m against cleavage in the work environment — and particularly with the craze of older women getting breast implants. They then want to show off their new purchases at work and I think it’s creepy.

I’ll bet those Saudi women won’t be showing cleavage.

I wonder if they will be allowed to sit in the same room with the men or if there will be separate quarters for the women — as in mosques.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:18 PM   #1541
country flag Minn

Minn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I consider that to be too much cleavage to be showing at work. Am I an old foggie? I’m against cleavage in the work environment — and particularly with the craze of older women getting breast implants. They then want to show off their new purchases at work and I think it’s creepy.

I’ll bet those Saudi women won’t be showing cleavage.

I wonder if they will be allowed to sit in the same room with the men or if there will be separate quarters for the women — as in mosques.
It's too much cleavage, yes, but I'm more disturbed by the government's (or party's?) need to photoshop. I wonder how many male photos were photoshopped and also how many other females.

Cleavage doesn't get shown much in an abaya.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:28 PM   #1542
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

The Saudis ( I keep writing Saudies) are right to prevent women from driving. Joan Didion wrote in the 60s about the power and freedom of a woman driving. I think it’s true.

I should start a thread on Non- Tennis about women voting and driving in SA.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:22 AM   #1543
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

I just heard the women didn’t get to vote because they didn’t have separate polling places for them and they couldn’t go to the men’s polling place. They said they didn’t have time to set the separate places up.

The woman sentenced to 10 lashes for driving was given a reprieve by the king. I wonder how that goes. Who gives the lashes? Wound’t her back have to be bared? It seems it would be worse to have her bare her back to a man than to drive around town fully veiled.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:51 AM   #1544
country flag Castafiore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minn View Post
It's too much cleavage, yes, but I'm more disturbed by the government's (or party's?) need to photoshop. I wonder how many male photos were photoshopped and also how many other females.
It's too much cleavage for a professional environment, sure, but nothing shocking either. It's not as if her boobs are about to fall out.

This reminds me of something that happened at work years ago.

We had this woman who was nearly retired at the time (pushing 60) but in her mind, she obviously was still the femme fatale she was at the age of 30 (and judging by the stories my older colleagues told me, she was something else).
One day, one of my male colleagues came back to our floor with a red face.
Now, this is not the type to have a red face easily so we asked him what happened.
He told us that "this woman is standing at the photocopying machine with cleavage all the way down to her belly button," and, he added "you simply do not know where to look because just about everything is on view."

Another man at work was curious so he went up only to come back with a red face as well. "He's right, there's just too much on show for a woman her age. She might as well be topless. I like cleavage just as much as the next guy but it's a bit of a shock to the system to see a 60-year old like that."

Last edited by Castafiore : 09-30-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:09 AM   #1545
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I just heard the women didn’t get to vote because they didn’t have separate polling places for them and they couldn’t go to the men’s polling place. They said they didn’t have time to set the separate places up.

The woman sentenced to 10 lashes for driving was given a reprieve by the king. I wonder how that goes. Who gives the lashes? Wound’t her back have to be bared? It seems it would be worse to have her bare her back to a man than to drive around town fully veiled.
Hmmm, these are questions. Maybe the lashes are not given on a bare back these days. Or maybe they have women giving the lashes to women.

About the dog attacks, just a few days ago here on TV they showed an elderly woman was attacked by a Tibetian Mastiff (that should be a peaceful dog if brought up correctly of course). It's still unknown if the woman's had will ever move again. We have dogs attacking postpeople (??? - Star, help!!! I couldn't say postman any more, right?) all the time. So Rafa is right to be cautious with dogs!