Fancy a drink during the match? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-10-2011, 01:09 AM   #16
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fancy a drink during the match?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrewitdajx View Post
there should be a separate drunk tennis discipline, with a minimum BAC level. I'd watch
I'd second that

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon language View Post
I realize this thread isn't really serious, but in terms of PEDs I believe beta-blockers are not allowed (they are often used to calm nerves) and so I would assume that alcohol would not be allowed for the same reason.
I'd have to look up the ITF's code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfancroatia View Post
You actually have a point here.When you're too nervous in a match,you can't play your best tennis.I've tried this.When I played one competition,I was very nervous in the first match and played horribly.I drank few glasses of wine before the 2nd match and played much better.Even my movement was better because I was simply more aggressive and relaxed.
Still,at the very highest pro level...
Hey, it might work

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddceLLent View Post
Drink slows your reactions, I think anyone at the top of the game would be at a disadvantage if they'd had a drink.

I was watching some old snooker footage on youtube the other day, it's really funny to see the guy not at the table sat at his chair smoking a cigarette while the other guy plays - how things have changed! I wonder if there's any historical tennis players who used to smoke during changeovers?
I've heard how Ferrer smokes cigs, during the match not so, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujee View Post
I think most lower ranked players like a bit of charlie, not whisky.
Nose candy and tennis ain't the best combo, I'd imagine. Plus its way illegal, charlie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechlan View Post
Would it be legal?

If so, I actually think this wouldn't be a terrible idea, in some circumstances. Can't stress that enough. A very limited quantity, just enough to calm you and nowhere close to enough to even feel a buzz. And then obviously drink tons and tons of water later because alcohol dehydrates you like crazy.
There you go. I think I'll try it in training one day. Just a very small amount.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2011, 01:16 AM   #17
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Probably something to experiment with, a kick start when the inevitable choking starts when leading.. or a kick start when mugging it up. Of course, if it ends up being a successful ploy, you'll end up relying on it to keep your win streak up and end up having liver failure in a grand slam final. Pretty much the only type of failure Murray hasn't had in Slam Finals so he might as well try it.

Beautiful girls are like complex puzzles. The closer you look the harder it gets.

-Drunk guy at Mcdonalds
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:20 AM   #18
country flag delboy

delboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Drink slows your reactions, I think anyone at the top of the game would be at a disadvantage if they'd had a drink.

I was watching some old snooker footage on youtube the other day, it's really funny to see the guy not at the table sat at his chair smoking a cigarette while the other guy plays - how things have changed! I wonder if there's any historical tennis players who used to smoke during changeovers?
Can they have beer in snooker if they want? it is sort of a pub game after all. They all drink water though, if I was a pro snooker player I would def want a pint or two.
delboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:25 AM   #19
country flag EddceLLent

EddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by delboy View Post
Can they have beer in snooker if they want? it is sort of a pub game after all. They all drink water though, if I was a pro snooker player I would def want a pint or two.
I'm not sure, I know that in the UK they wouldn't be able to smoke now because of the smoking ban but i'm not sure about whether they're allowed to drink. I suspect that for televised tournaments either they're compelled to not drink or at least discouraged from doing so. I doubt any of the top players would really want to though...
EddceLLent is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:54 AM   #20
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Or maybe Federer should have a small bit of wine the next time he plays Nadal on clay.

What say you?
Why do you hate Federer so much?
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:56 AM   #21
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atennisfan View Post
Why do you hate Federer so much?
I don't hate Federer at all
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 02:01 AM   #22
country flag octatennis

octatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond repute

i dont see any problem, there are players that play the game as if they were drunk anyway.
octatennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 02:39 AM   #23
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

All WTA players should be forced to take a few swigs of jack in between games in order to minimize choking.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:38 AM   #24
country flag Grinder

Grinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods:

please drag this thread outside and have 18 goats with very serious incontinence issues shit and piss on it for a week.

thanks. much obliged.
You're a weirdo, dude. 3 years later and you're still posting like a pre pubescent boy that just saw 300.

I think the idea of drinking between sets is hilarious but it's definitely a no no for any serious player nowadays.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:32 AM   #25
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't hate Federer at all
Then why do you want Fed to drink during FO matches against Nadal?

He'd get triple bageled surely.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 04:50 AM   #26
country flag PiggyGotRoasted

PiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond repute

I fancy a drink right now actually.
PiggyGotRoasted is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 04:56 AM   #27
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechlan View Post
Would it be legal?

If so, I actually think this wouldn't be a terrible idea, in some circumstances. Can't stress that enough. A very limited quantity, just enough to calm you and nowhere close to enough to even feel a buzz. And then obviously drink tons and tons of water later because alcohol dehydrates you like crazy.
I think that very small amount you're talking about does nothing for you EXCEPT make you believe that the alcohol has calmed you down. Placebo effect. You calm yourself down.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:58 AM   #28
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wonder if there's any historical tennis players who used to smoke during changeovers?
Karsten Braasch, I believe, used to light up during changeovers

Quote:
I've heard how Ferrer smokes cigs, during the match not so, though.
I think Feliciano might as well, I've seen a pic of him with a cigarette in his hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:49 AM   #29
country flag New Balls Please

New Balls Please has a reputation beyond reputeNew Balls Please has a reputation beyond reputeNew Balls Please has a reputation beyond reputeNew Balls Please has a reputation beyond reputeNew Balls Please has a reputation beyond reputeNew Balls Please has a reputation beyond reputeNew Balls Please has a reputation beyond reputeNew Balls Please has a reputation beyond reputeNew Balls Please has a reputation beyond reputeNew Balls Please has a reputation beyond reputeNew Balls Please has a reputation beyond repute

Although he didn't drink during the match, Pat Rafter admitted to playing a Davis Cup match drunk.

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/t...k-1266326.html

Federer

Nadal Djokovic

Hewitt Roddick Murray Ferrero (Tard #28) Agassi

Kuerten Ferrer Coria Davydenko Del Potro Safin Nalbandian Ljubicic Wawrinka
New Balls Please is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:49 AM   #30
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

Probably wouldn't work for pros, but sounds like a good idea for myself during a tournament when I'm having one of those days, where I can't be anything other than passive. I guess it'd work better on a night tournament where there's less issue of dehydration too.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote