Hitting low and high bouncing balls - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-04-2011, 10:48 AM   #1
country flag Robotcam

Robotcam is on a distinguished road
Default Hitting low and high bouncing balls

Hi guys,

Im new to mens tennis forum and I have been playing tennis for a year and a half now. I did went for tennis lesson before. I consider myself as a beginner.

Few months ago, I played with one of my friend who just got back from his studies. We decided to play tennis match together.

When we rally, he hits soft and the balls mostly are short, low and with angles too. Most of them land on the service box and quite near to the net. This cause me to move forward and hit the ball. However, I tend to hit the ball out causing me to lose points. If I manage to get the ball in, he will give a lob or hit deep.

Sometimes he gives me high ball in order to hit the ball deep. When I try to hit this kind of ball, it will be either out or hit the net giving me more errors. Sometimes he may come forward to volley my shots. I tend to lose points due to errors. I hit the ball deep and harder than him.

My friend told me that his game has variety where as mine is lacking. I am quite disappointed cause I went for tennis lessons where as my friend didnt.

Any experience player out there who can give me advice?

Thanks
Robotcam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #2
country flag Luinir

Luinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hitting low and high bouncing balls

Fact: Your friend is a very smart guy. He knows how to win matches at beginner stage.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:09 PM   #3
country flag guyha4

guyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond repute

you should practice tennis.. i'm playing about 6 years
so in tennis there isn't magic , if you know to serve and return well you have advantage . if you know to make angles or hard shots you have adv.
just keep going and never give up

TT Doubles :
winner: Fergana CH 2011(w/ KittyTennis) , Marbella CH(w/Tal20)
guyha4 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:10 AM   #4
country flag Robotcam

Robotcam is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Yesterday, I played with him again. I won 6-4, 2-6, 6-4. I tried lots of angles shots on the forehand and backhand(although some shot went straight instead of angle). It made him run a lot. He had to run all over the place. When its time for him to serve, he double faulted and started to yell at me saying that his 2nd serve was in. He did also threw his racket in frustration and yell at me saying its distraction when I grunt. I tell him no need to do that as we are just playing tennis for fun and enjoyment. Lol.

Thanks for the advice guyha4. My angle shots is still not that good but I will keep on practising. I think for hard shots I still have long way to go.
Robotcam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:52 PM   #5
country flag guyha4

guyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond reputeguyha4 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotcam View Post
Hi,

Yesterday, I played with him again. I won 6-4, 2-6, 6-4. I tried lots of angles shots on the forehand and backhand(although some shot went straight instead of angle). It made him run a lot. He had to run all over the place. When its time for him to serve, he double faulted and started to yell at me saying that his 2nd serve was in. He did also threw his racket in frustration and yell at me saying its distraction when I grunt. I tell him no need to do that as we are just playing tennis for fun and enjoyment. Lol.

Thanks for the advice guyha4. My angle shots is still not that good but I will keep on practising. I think for hard shots I still have long way to go.
well done ! hope you'll keep winning and getting better (it's more important because if you play well and loose its fined)

TT Doubles :
winner: Fergana CH 2011(w/ KittyTennis) , Marbella CH(w/Tal20)
guyha4 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:54 AM   #6
country flag Kolya

Kolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond repute

Topspin is your friend in both scenarios.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:39 PM   #7
country flag 10sMan

10sMan is on a distinguished road

The winner of a tennis match is the person who can control the point. So if your friend is able to hit short balls and angles, I am guessing that you are hitting the ball around service line which allows your opponent to do whatever he wants. So my advice is to play higher balls above the net which will make the your shot deeper and therefore more uncomfortable for your opponent. Good luck!
10sMan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:17 PM   #8
country flag Super Djoker

Super Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond repute

Your mate sounds awful ! Just hit a drop shot over the net or hit with topspin ! I played a guy at my club , I ,ve been playing about a year , first time I beat him last week and I beat him 6-1 , he,s a lefty like me and annoyingly goes on about my serve saying it doesn't bounce ! Admittedly my serves bounce very low as I throw the ball slightly to the side and hit it in front of me! It,s not textbook but By god they are awkward to return, lol !
Super Djoker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote