NCAA 2011-2012 Football - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-03-2011, 09:36 PM   #121
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NCAA 2011-2012 Football

Georgia pumped up out of their kicks to start this game. Play action bombs,onsides kicks,reverse passes. All of that for a 3-0 lead. They need to calm it down.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2011, 11:00 PM   #122

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

#1 team in the nation didn't get a 1st down in the 1st half.

Old 12-03-2011, 11:50 PM   #123
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
Oklahoma State is a better team than Oklahoma this year. But if it was Oklahoma in OSU's spot they would probably jump Alabama based strictly on name.
No chance. Even without Ryan Broyles you're going to see tonight that statement is very wrong.
jayjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:53 PM   #124
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
#1 team in the nation didn't get a 1st down in the 1st half.
They were abysmal beyond belief.

But when you've got maybe the best College D ever and the Honey Badger it doesn't matter. Did anyone spot Mathieu doing a Desean Jackson - at the time it happened? I certainly didn't.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:11 AM   #125

Georgia folding faster than a cheap tent. Their offesnive play calling had gone down the drain. They missed so many oportunities early, all that emotion and only had a 10-7 halftime lead.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:42 AM   #126
country flag jayjay

That was about as pathetic a half of football as it gets from OU. Just when it looked like OU were going to make it 10-7, Landry Jones just gave OSU an early Christmas present. Dreadful.

Jones is really going to struggle in the NFL.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:45 AM   #127

Clemson putting it on the Hokies now 31-10 going into 4th

Old 12-04-2011, 03:45 AM   #128
country flag jayjay

Quote:
Oklahoma State is a better team than Oklahoma this year. But if it was Oklahoma in OSU's spot they would probably jump Alabama based strictly on name.
My apologies and respect.

OU got *****.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:46 AM   #129
country flag jayjay

Quote:
Clemson putting it on the Hokies now 31-10 going into 4th
I love Sammy Watkins and tonight I love Clemson for getting me out of the hole OU put me in.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:56 AM   #130
country flag Neumann

Neumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
LSU would murder OSU.

OSU can't play any D whatsoever, and LSU's D would easily be able to slow down OSU's offense. OU/LSU would have been interesting, but that's dead in the water now.
Like today against Oklahoma? Oklahoma had a horrible game (WTF Jones?), but you have to admit their offense is still better than LSU.

By the way, LSU had ZERO first downs and TWELVE offensive yards in the first half of today's game. It was comical how the only TD they scored (on a punt return) did not even cross the end zone plane
Yes, with some good defensive plays and decent offense they ended up blowing out Georgia, but I'm convinced that an OkSt-LSU Championship Game would be fun.

And there's a chance for that. OKSt should jump to #2 in the computers, so with 25% of the #2 votes in the human polls, bam!, a NCG with some offense in it
Neumann is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:00 AM   #131
country flag Neumann

Neumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond repute

By the way who do you guys think/deserves to win the Heisman?

I think it'll be Luck, but I think RG3 deserves it. The man has had an insane season.

PR blitz for Luck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P2yNfXg4yY&hd=1

RG3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhyqhn1LJps
Old 12-04-2011, 01:13 PM   #132
country flag jayjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neumann View Post
Like today against Oklahoma? Oklahoma had a horrible game (WTF Jones?), but you have to admit their offense is still better than LSU.

By the way, LSU had ZERO first downs and TWELVE offensive yards in the first half of today's game. It was comical how the only TD they scored (on a punt return) did not even cross the end zone plane
Yes, with some good defensive plays and decent offense they ended up blowing out Georgia, but I'm convinced that an OkSt-LSU Championship Game would be fun.

And there's a chance for that. OKSt should jump to #2 in the computers, so with 25% of the #2 votes in the human polls, bam!, a NCG with some offense in it
That wasn't the real OU out there, let's remember Ryan Broyles and Whaley are out and Jaz Reynolds played about 5 snaps because of sickness. I'm not taking it away from OSU, though - they humiliated OU.

And yes OSU's offense is much better than LSU - that was never up for debate. However, LSU's D is just absurd (I'm already praying the Giants get to draft Morris Claiborne). OSU's offense would be slowed down mightily by LSU and even though OSU played well on D last night, they are usually pretty shit and LSU would be able to do more than enough against them on short fields to run away with it.

LSU's offense were pathetic in the first half - but as I said earlier, when you have a D like they have, I guess it doesn't matter how badly they play on offense!

I agree with you that OSU might have a chance now of vaulting Bama because this OU thrashing will be fresh in the memory, but for the sake of a more competitive title game, it should be LSU/Bama, but OSU certainly have a case for saying it should be them.

Re: Heisman - RG3 has been incredible but for me I'd still give it to Trent Richardson pipping Andrew Luck. RG3 said after the Texas game "I think Baylor just won its first Heisman". Will be iconic if he turns out to be correct.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #133
country flag Neumann

Quote:
And yes OSU's offense is much better than LSU - that was never up for debate.
No, I referred to Oklahoma's offense being better than LSU's. My point being that OSU was able to slow down effectively a formidable Oklahoma's offense, which is significantly better than LSU (and I know Oklahoma had some key injuries, and turnovers. Although turnovers are part of OSU's kind of defense).
OSU's defense has improved over the season, and I think it'd stop LSU enough to make it a game.

Quote:
Re: Heisman - RG3 has been incredible but for me I'd still give it to Trent Richardson pipping Andrew Luck. RG3 said after the Texas game "I think Baylor just won its first Heisman". Will be iconic if he turns out to be correct.
Richardson has played amazing, weaving in between tackles, power running, speed running. You really cannot ask much more from a running back.
Similar things could be said about Mathieu (you couldn't ask more from a defensive back. Well, maybe smoking less pot ) and other players.

But I feel that if you were to substitute those players for other competent ones, their teams would still have similar production, and identical 11-1 and 13-0 records.

RG3 and Luck have done so much more for their teams. Heck, RG3 even rushed for 644 yards! It's part of being a QB. Some people might think it's unfair to favor QBs in the Heisman selection, but the award is for the most outstanding college player with integrity. And you measure that with production (you don't choose punter or snappers, no matter how good they are).

And clearly, without RG3 and Luck, their teams would have a significantly worse record.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:45 AM   #134
country flag jayjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neumann View Post
No, I referred to Oklahoma's offense being better than LSU's. My point being that OSU was able to slow down effectively a formidable Oklahoma's offense, which is significantly better than LSU (and I know Oklahoma had some key injuries, and turnovers. Although turnovers are part of OSU's kind of defense).
OSU's defense has improved over the season, and I think it'd stop LSU enough to make it a game.
My bad, I read it initially as OSU's offense. I give OSU alot of credit for how their D played last night, but I do think it must be said that OU just weren't at the races - for whatever reason, aside from the fact they were missing their 1st and 3rd best WRs and starting RB (although I actually think Finch is better than Whaley long-term, anyway).

I think LSU would beat OSU by at least 2 TDs, but we'll never know.

Quote:
Richardson has played amazing, weaving in between tackles, power running, speed running. You really cannot ask much more from a running back.
Similar things could be said about Mathieu (you couldn't ask more from a defensive back. Well, maybe smoking less pot ) and other players.

But I feel that if you were to substitute those players for other competent ones, their teams would still have similar production, and identical 11-1 and 13-0 records.
I agree with that to a large extent, although I will also say that Alabama's offense is really not up to much and without Richardson (and given they lost Julio and Ingram also from last season's team) I'm not as convinced as you might be that they'd only have 1 loss without him.

Quote:
RG3 and Luck have done so much more for their teams. Heck, RG3 even rushed for 644 yards! It's part of being a QB. Some people might think it's unfair to favor QBs in the Heisman selection, but the award is for the most outstanding college player with integrity. And you measure that with production (you don't choose punter or snappers, no matter how good they are).

And clearly, without RG3 and Luck, their teams would have a significantly worse record.
I do think it's unfair to favour QBs and given that the past 10 winners have pretty much all been QBs (bar Ingram and Bush) is a shame in way, because there is alot more talent out there than just QBs and it's supposed to be for the best player - regardless of position.

All the buzz is on RG3 right now and he appears to have surged in the polls. I would probably like him to win, but I don't think he should beat out Richardson or Luck - if that makes any sense.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:18 AM   #135

If Suh or Mathieu didn't win the heisman than a defensive player never will again. I know his chances are shot now, but the most valuable player to his team was Case Keenum. RG3 is a close second because he has single handidly truned Baylor into a winner. Baylor for 20 years was the equal of Vanderbilt and Duke, always at the cellar. And the thing is Griffin was even more freakish prior to his kneww injury a couple years ago. He has crazy fast before that and ran all the time. He is more of a passer now.

Who do you think Texas A&M should hire? Lots of interesting jobs still open. Arizona State, UCLA,Kansas and Illinois