NCAA 2011-2012 Football - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-15-2011, 02:33 PM   #106
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NCAA 2011-2012 Football

vamooooooooooooooooooooooos LSU.

Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2011, 08:16 PM   #107
country flag Neumann

Neumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, 4 of the top 7 lost yesterday!
USC showed how good they are, and Robert Griffin III showed that he deserves the Heisman.

I was aghast when people were talking about an LSU-Alabama re-match in the NCG, but now I'm coming around to think that it might be the best possible game (with some TDs this time, please!).

The Big Game between Stanford and Cal was somewhat under-whelming. For a university with the 3rd highest endowment, they should have a better field surface.
Still, it was an intense and fun game. All the theatrics with the Stanford Axe always crack me up
Neumann is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:15 AM   #108
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

This week the NC State debacle must be put aside. Why? It's Gamecock week. And as much as we pretend the rest of the season matters, when the Palmetto State battle begins nothing else matters, not one play from any previous game is as vital as each play vs South Carolina. The Iron Bowl gets all the press because the two teams involved have larger national profiles but the Clemson/South Carolina games have the same passion and hate. Fans of both teams look to this game as the big one.

Starting tonight I will do a recap of the recent history of this series(I have watched every second of each of the last 12 years of this rivalry, 4 of them I was there in person).

You can continue discussing the world of college football, but I will not be participating. One game matters.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:35 AM   #109
country flag Neumann

Neumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
This week the NC State debacle must be put aside. Why? It's Gamecock week. And as much as we pretend the rest of the season matters, when the Palmetto State battle begins nothing else matters, not one play from any previous game is as vital as each play vs South Carolina. The Iron Bowl gets all the press because the two teams involved have larger national profiles but the Clemson/South Carolina games have the same passion and hate. Fans of both teams look to this game as the big one.

Starting tonight I will do a recap of the recent history of this series(I have watched every second of each of the last 12 years of this rivalry, 4 of them I was there in person).

You can continue discussing the world of college football, but I will not be participating. One game matters.
Man, you're intense. Let's see what happens tomorrow, but I hope that whatever it is, your heart can handle it.

I'm really intrigued with who'll be getting to all the BCS bowls. If results go according to the script, LSU and Alabama will go to the National Title game.
Rose should be between Oregon and Wisconsin, and the Orange between Clemson and some unranked Big East team.

The 4 at-large berths should be for Alabama, Houston, and then OkST, Stanford or Michigan for the last two.

But we all know football rarely goes as expected!

Looking forward the Auburn-Alabama and Notre Dame-Stanford games tomorrow.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:48 AM   #110
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Go LSU
Old 11-26-2011, 11:46 PM   #111

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

about to kick off. I seriously don't know if I can physically handle the stress. Look at that hellhole in Columbia. C'mon Tigers stomp a mudhole in it.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:22 AM   #112
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

its crunch time fo sho.

go clemson tigers.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:37 AM   #113

The tears are almost dry.

It's hard to know where to start after a performance like that. I think the hardest thing for me to accept is that after getting absolutely humiliated against NC State, the team didn't have the heart to come back and make a statement that their performance the week before wasn't acceptable. Their manhood and their pride are directly challenged against NC State (and really the past 3 weeks), and they show up with another disgraceful performance. That is really disheartening, especially after such a promising start to the season.

Offense:
Another poor performance by the OL. I’ve heard all of the commentary about how good USCs DL is, with Clowney, Ingram, blah blah blah. I don’t care. We have 4 seniors on our OL and a junior. They are experienced guys that have plenty of talent, and are coached by one of the best in the league with Caldwell. I think the problem is complacency and laziness. Their poor attitudes are coming home to roost (no pun intended) now. Some of their comments earlier in the year paint a good picture of what we’re dealing with. Comment like “who gets up (motivated) for a noon game”, acknowledging that they are complacent, and realizing at the end of your senior year that it’s time to be a leader are all examples of a line that has come nowhere close to living up to their potential, and as a result, the team’s potential. Completely mind-boggling and unacceptable. I don’t know if their attitude is contagious, but it sure seems to be the case.

Tajh seems to have lost his confidence. Honestly I think at the beginning of the year he was able to live off of his talent, confidence, and accuracy to fit balls in tight places. But the second half of the season, it seems D coordinators have realized that if they drop 7 guys in coverage, or OL won’t block anyone enough for us to run the ball, and Tajh will not be able to read coverages and check down if needed. He really needs to become a more complete QB. However, the good news is that he is still young, FAR exceeded our expectations for most of the year, and will have a full offseason of tutelage by Morris.

Defense
Can someone please tell Steele that he is not coaching at MIT? Unfortunately (or fortunately) this is the first game I’ve been able to see live this year since I live 500 miles away, but it is clearly evident when watching the field live that the Defensive guys are thoroughly confused out there on almost every play. I’m not talking about normal adjustments when the offense shows their cards. I’m talking about the fact that all the way up to the snap, there are safeties, LBs, corners, all trying to get the others attention, asking questions, throwing their hands up because they don’t know where to line up!? What the heck is going on????? It’s no wonder that our guys are playing tentative and guessing on every play because they don’t have a clue and have to do so much thinking on every play. Steele, SIMPLIFY THINGS!!!!!!! Let your guys play defense without trying to solve complex mathematical equations each play. From what I know about him, he’s infatuated with playing the odds, and the odds of this happening and that. How about just playing some D and exerting your will on the Offense? It seems he loves the statistical analysis more than smashing somebody in the mouth. I know our guys are young on D but I fail to see ANY improvement in this Defense at all since the beginning of the year. Especially when you know exactly what they are going to do?!? This guy either doesn’t communicate effectively to his guys, doesn’t listen to them (saying that they don’t know what he’s talking about), or both, but it is no wonder these guys are on their heels most of the time. Regardless of the youth of the D, this has got to be one of the worst Defenses ever for Clemson football.

I know this is a rant, but I have been stewing on this all last night dealing with all of the coot fans, and thinking about it all day. I still believe in Dabo, but I think he’s clearly a work in progress. I think he’s changed a bit since he first took over, when he was all encouragement and positivity. I do believe he gets on the guys more now and lets them know their play is unacceptable. But I think he still has more evolving to do as a HC. I do not believe he can turn it around in a week for the ACCCG, if he (and the players) couldn’t do it in a week to face the Coots after the NC State debacle. I hope I am wrong

Old 11-28-2011, 12:44 AM   #114
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Clemson football really runs through your veins, eh Jeff?

They can still beat Va Tech next week and get to a BCS bowl.

I'd hate to see a LSU-Bama rematch, what a shit game that was. LSU-OK State, now we are talking.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:12 AM   #115

I really don't wish to see Bama/LSU again. Unfortunately there appeares to be no way around it unless Georgia stuns LSU. They have been playing great lately but do they have a shot to beat LSU? They will likely threaten for a while then LSU will pull away again.

Overall the weekend was a dud. Too many blowouts. Hopefully next week is better

Old 11-28-2011, 01:22 AM   #116

and what about Houston? If LSU loses they will be the only undefeated team in the nation.

Old 11-28-2011, 04:56 AM   #117
country flag Neumann

Even if LSU loses to Georgia, they'd probably be in the top 2. What I haven't seen confirmed is whether the SEC would get 3 BCS berths or not.

I think another Alabama-LSU could be quite good. OkSt-LSU could be quite interesting, or just a blowout.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:02 PM   #118
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute

I will never forgive Oklahoma for losing to Texas Tech (although I've forgiven them enough to back them to beat OSU tonight ), the Sooners should be playing for a spot in the national championship tonight rather than just a Big 12 title.

Jon - you said LSU/Alabama was shit? Totally disagree. Those are two unreal D's and it was great to watch them strangle both offenses. I'm not saying I'd rather see LSU/Bama for the national title, cos I wanted either Oklahoma or Oregon to make it, but since that won't happen now, I'm up for seeing those 2 D's create havoc once again and it will be the same result - an LSU win.
jayjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:04 PM   #119
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neumann View Post
OkSt-LSU could be quite interesting, or just a blowout.
LSU would murder OSU.

OSU can't play any D whatsoever, and LSU's D would easily be able to slow down OSU's offense. OU/LSU would have been interesting, but that's dead in the water now.
jayjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:16 PM   #120

Oklahoma State is a better team than Oklahoma this year. But if it was Oklahoma in OSU's spot they would probably jump Alabama based strictly on name.