NCAA 2011-2012 Football - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-06-2011, 02:39 AM   #91
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NCAA 2011-2012 Football

LSU wins against Bama 9-6, great defense but terrible offense from both
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2011, 02:46 AM   #92
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

and the talk of the rematch already begins. If that happens I am seriously done with college football.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:48 AM   #93
country flag Neumann

Neumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond repute

The offenses in this game were excruciatingly bad. I sure hope there's no "re-match" in the National Championship Game.

I'd love an LSU-Stanford, but the Oklahomas and Oregon are also acceptable.
Neumann is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:36 AM   #94
country flag bad gambler

bad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond repute

LSU/Bama was a great game tonight. Old school defensive battle
bad gambler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:01 PM   #95

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Good quote from ESPN writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Wojiechowski
Classics don't have four interceptions, four missed field goals, 13 penalties, one fumble, one botched punt return and zero touchdowns. A punter shouldn't be the best player on the field in a classic.
The two teams have sick defense. But last nights game was not a well played game overall. It was tense and the stakes were high. It's the two teams reputations that make this seem a great game.

Old 11-06-2011, 03:01 PM   #96
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

both teams were too conservative.

they were both trying not to lose rather than going for the win. nick saban blew this game more than LSU took it in my estimation.

his play calling was highly suspect.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:37 PM   #97

Yep. The overtime series that Alabama had was a disaster. It started with a bizarre shovel pass call and ended with McCarron taking a sack giving the kicker no shot at the field goal.

Old 11-06-2011, 03:55 PM   #98
country flag Neumann

Neumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond reputeNeumann has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
The two teams have sick defense. But last nights game was not a well played game overall. It was tense and the stakes were high. It's the two teams reputations that make this seem a great game.
Yep, I pretty much agree with that.
It was a good game, due in part to all the hoopla and implications around it, but also to the chess game between the coaches and the superb athletes on both sides of the ball.

But it wasn't a "great" game. You need an offense to match that defense, and that starts with some quality quarterbacks. A battle of kickers and punters does not cut it.

Myself, I thought the Stanford-USC was much better. Really good offenses, and solid defense (remember, it was 10-6 at half time, and 34-34 on regulation time).
Old 11-06-2011, 04:30 PM   #99
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yep. The overtime series that Alabama had was a disaster. It started with a bizarre shovel pass call and ended with McCarron taking a sack giving the kicker no shot at the field goal.

everyone on the planet is blaming saban for the loss. and they are right:

Saban thoroughly outcoached by Miles

Jen Floyd Engel covered local sports for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram since 1997 and became a columnist in 2003. Sports opinions? She’s never short of them. And love her or hate her, she’ll be just another one of the boys.Updated Nov 6, 2011 11:26 AM ET

TUSCALOOSA, Ala.

The best team in the country lost Saturday, this according to the team that lost. Actually, it was incredibly hard to tell No. 2 Alabama had lost by listening to the Crimson Tide players talk afterward.

"We are still the best team in the country," 'Bama wide receiver Marquis Maze said. "If we played them again, we wouldn't lose."

Say this for the Tide, they handled losing The Game of the Century, 9-6 in overtime to No. 1 LSU on their fourth missed field goal of the night, with unusual aplomb.

"It was nothing they did, it was all on us," Tide wide receiver Darius Hanks said when asked about LSU's defense.

So, who is better?

"Alabama is still the better team," he said. "Definitely."

It was like the verbal version of the LSU punter and kicker, the most insanely cocky special teams duo in the country, all taunty and talky except without a 'W' to be all taunty and talky about. And this post-loss swagger came directly from 'Bama coach Nick Saban's message to his team afterward, although he merely hinted around that conclusion himself when talking to the media. What he told his players and what they believe is they beat themselves, and LSU was merely the beneficiary.

What Saban did not say, what no one said because they wouldn't dare, was Alabama had help beating itself — from one Nick Saban.

The better team might have indeed lost, but if so, it was at least in part because of its coach getting outhatted by The Hat.

He got outsmarted by the man they call "Lesticles."

The worst coach on the field was not the worst coach after all. Although, at this point, only an idiot would be unwilling to acknowledge that LSU coach Les Miles is just a plain genius. The guy may be unorthodox, but he took his team — without the benefit of a competent quarterback — into a jammed-packed, insanely loud Bryant-Denny Stadium and won the most hyped game in a long time in college football. And he did so by not letting his team beat itself, by not beating his team.

Meanwhile, Saban was doing all kinds of questionable things.

What was up with the pass by Maze with 11 minutes left in the fourth and the score tied? Maze himself admitted he had only thrown three times at Alabama, though he "does it a lot in practice" and talked about the game plan being to "run it down their throats."

Having Maze back to field the ensuing punt was equally questionable.

And the insistence of repeatedly going back to his field goal kickers, who were struggling, and from crazy long, almost un-makeable distances, was infuriating even for those without rooting interests. By the time 'Bama reached overtime with a 52-yard field goal needing to be made, his kickers were mentally fried. Nobody in the stadium thought Cade Foster was making it, certainly not Cade Foster.

"The things that were wrong is guys missed kicks and the guy didn't field a punt. What else?" Saban said when asked about his kicking game. "Those weren't easy kicks, so I don't put that all on the kicking game."

Absolutely not, I put a lot of that on the coach who refused to punt and pin LSU deep. That was not up for discussion, as talk stayed on missed opportunities and being "inconsistent getting a hat on a Hat."

And though Saban definitely did not mean this as a coaching comparison, and all capitalization is mine and mine alone, that perfectly sums up the battle of the sidelines.

If this were Miles, he'd be getting roasted for too much Lesticles with the Maze pass, for sheer stupidity on his first-half field-goal use and for his laissez-faire attitude leading to costly second-half penalties. This was Saban, though, so his hands stayed mostly clean.

We tend to put coaches in boxes; Saban gets to be a calculating genius while Miles is the mad genius who lucks his way into victories. Neither is totally true. Miles makes a lot of his own luck, and Saban makes his share of mistakes.

I am not saying Saban is a bad coach. It is absurd to even suggest.

He just did not have his best game in the biggest game — better than his kicker and worse than his running back Trent Richardson, which is why I do not totally discount the idea of a rematch. As good as this game was, and I thoroughly enjoyed the throwdown of defenses, it could have been better.

"Coach Saban told us in the locker room it's not over," Hanks said. "There is definitely a chance of seeing those guys again if things go our way."

So the to-do list for 'Bama is: 1) Root for Arkansas, and 2) beat LSU in a rematch.

The latter will be the much easier task because, as the Tide repeated again and again, they are the better team.

"It's going around the locker room. I could see it on everybody's face," Richardson said. "We felt like … we still feel like we are the best team out there even though they did win the ball game."

There it was, finally, an admission Alabama did indeed lose. The Tide do not see themselves losing again, if given the chance over Boise and Stanford and Oklahoma State.

A good start would be to get a better effort from their coach.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:53 PM   #100
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

my team:

Old 11-09-2011, 12:17 AM   #101

all Penn State scandal talk in the new thread please.

Last edited by out_here_grindin : 11-09-2011 at 12:23 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:36 AM   #102
country flag Neumann

One more day till Saturday!

I'm really looking forward to the Oregon-Stanford. Two offensive powerhouses with completely different styles. Speed Vs Power.
I don't know how either defense is going to hold up, but I think Oregon has the edge. Last year, they just ran all over Stanford, and the teams haven't changed that much.
That said, if Stanford is able to play more solid than it has, and win, they'll become the #2 in my poll. Okie St has a reeeeallly suspect defense (albeit with a video game offense).

I'm also looking forward the Nebraska-Penn State, with huge implications in the Big 10... and CNN.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:02 PM   #103

I think Stanford will have a slight edge just because of QB play. I hope Stanford wins to keep themselves in the title mix.

I will be at Clemson vs Wake Forest, if Clemson wins we will take the Atlantic divisionbut if we lose Wake Forest will lead with one game left.

I was glad to see Virginia Tech beat Georgia Tech last night. I would rather face VT again than GT.

Old 11-12-2011, 07:35 PM   #104
country flag Neumann

Quote:
I think Stanford will have a slight edge just because of QB play. I hope Stanford wins to keep themselves in the title mix.

I will be at Clemson vs Wake Forest, if Clemson wins we will take the Atlantic divisionbut if we lose Wake Forest will lead with one game left.

I was glad to see Virginia Tech beat Georgia Tech last night. I would rather face VT again than GT.
Congratulations!
Wow, after Catanzaro missed that FG with more than a minute left, it seemed you guys were dead... but boy, do you strike fast!
It was fantastic to watch the kicker redeem himself, and then the field invasion, so much passion (were you there?). Very well done

And now, let's see the Ducks quack all over Stanford. I hope they score a few more points than in the Game in the Century.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:33 AM   #105

And quack they did. Stanford could not stop anything at all, James was doing anything and everything he wanted all night long.

Yeah, we really survived a tough one. I was stunned to see Wake go up 28-14 seemingly out of nowhere. Some people get on us for rushing the field, but that is what Clemson does after every game. It's a great experience for the kids and students to go on the field after games. More teams should do it.