Igor Kunitsyn - Page 45 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-06-2010, 11:26 PM   #661
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Igor Kunitsyn

It has been a struggle for Igor this season, with only a 2-6 ATP match record, and a 2-5 challenger record. His highlight is a QF at Barletta challenger and winning a MD match at the Australian Open for the first time. This week he lost to Arnaud Clement 5-7 6-4 4-6 in Estoril. He is currently ranked 104 with little to defend throughout the spring and summer. His next scheduled tournament is in Bordeaux next week, and he is #7 on the RG alternates list for a main draw acceptance. or he will play qualifying.

Good luck to Igor throughout the rest of the season!
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #662
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Igor is in France, here is the draw for Bordeaux:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2010/3824/mds.pdf

Igor is playing Nicolas Mahut in R1, difficult match but winnable. His second round match will either be Serra/Q so if it's Serra, that will be a very difficult match for him to win on clay.

Hopefully Igor can shock and make a big run in this tournament!
Old 06-07-2010, 01:57 PM   #663
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

igor actually won a match!

he beat ilya marchenko in the first round in London

1-6, 6-4, 6-3

sorry for my first comment but it's just been so rare these days
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:50 PM   #664
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

That first set was quite a shocker to me though It went so quickly, but good turnaround! Roddick next so we'll be able to see it
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:47 PM   #665
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

he'll lose to roddick but atleast he didnt go out in the first round again
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:10 PM   #666
country flag tennis2018

tennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats 2 Igor 4 his championship win over Rainer Scheuttler @ Cremona Italy!!!!
tennis2018 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:08 AM   #667
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

This thread hasn't been posted in for a while so it's about time for an Igor-update! Igor had his second best career season in 2011. After winning the Cremona challenger over Schuettler in the finals 6-2 7-6, he lost in R1 at the French. But after clay he made the SF of Eastbourne, the second round of Wimbledon, SF of the Aptos challenger, QF of Los Angeles, and the third round of the US Open. He won at least one match in every tournament but four the second-half of last season and finished a career-high #71 at the end of the year.

This season hasn't been so kind, however, as Igor had a 3-10 overall record going into this week. He won one Davis Cup dead-rubber match, one match in Marseille and one match in Miami over Levine in two tiebreaks. This week he is playing a challenger in Le Gosier and won his first round 6-4 6-2 over Zemlja in R1. Hopefully Igor can start winning some matches in Guadeloupe; he needs a few wins to ensure his place inside the French Open MD cutoff.

His R2 match will be vs Obry or Mina, so he has a great opportunity to make a deep run here. Let's hope he can take advantage and do so.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:58 PM   #668
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Igor defeated Mina 7-5 6-4 in the second round. It's the first time he's won back to back matches this season!

Today he plays Zverev in the QF. Igor leads the H2H 3-2, so hopefully he can extend that advantage today. GL, Igor!
Old 03-31-2012, 08:26 PM   #669
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Igor lost 4-6 0-6 to Zverev in the QF. He was up *4-2 40-15 in the first set and didn't win a game thereafter. Obviously that's very eye-raising and disappointing, but all in all, it was a decent week for Igor, and he won the two matches he absolutely had to.

His next tournament will be the Tallahassee challenger this upcoming week. Hopefully he can win a few matches there!
Old 04-02-2012, 02:20 AM   #670
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Igor plays Zverev again in R1 of Tallahassee. Hopefully he can get revenge for the loss in Le Gosier!
Old 04-04-2012, 03:16 AM   #671
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

6-2 1-1 ret. win for Igor in Tallahassee vs Zverev.

He plays the winner of Levine/Gard in R2 Wednesday after their match was delayed from Tuesday due to rain. GL, Igor!
Old 04-05-2012, 02:06 AM   #672
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Igor won 6-4 5-7 6-4 over Gard in the second round Wednesday. He was up 6-4 5-3 but eventually closed things out after saving two BPs in the final game.

He plays Smyczek on Thursday, the last match on the center court. Hopefully he can make his first SF of the season!
Old 04-06-2012, 02:00 AM   #673
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Igor lost 7-6(6) 3-6 2-6 to Smyczek. He didn't serve well enough today and got broken 6 times in 14 service games. In the first set he came back from a double break down and came from a break down in the second set, but wasn't able to come through in the end.

Disappointing, but the back-to-back QFs definitely are helpful for Igor given his form this year. His next tournament will be Houston on clay next week. He's not a good clay courter traditionally, so hopefully he can find a way to win a match in Texas.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:34 AM   #674
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Igor won his first round in Houston 6-4 6-2 over Malisse. He played a very good match with good aggression and returning, much more positive than he has been playing this season. He will be facing Harrison in R2 on Thursday. An ATP QF on clay would be a great surprise for Igor and very beneficial for him from a rankings perspective, hopefully he can take advantage and get the upset!
Old 04-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #675
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Igor lost 2-6 4-6 to Harrison in R2 of Houston. Unfortunately he wasn't able to build on his form from the previous match. Next tournament will be Barcelona the week after next. Wins on clay are generally scarce for Igor; hopefully he can pick up as many as he can.