Michael Llodra - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-24-2008, 02:48 PM   #121
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Michael Llodra

Two titles in two months!

Snoo Foo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2008, 11:29 PM   #122
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

congrats mika

nice work, proving adelaide was no fluke. keep it up
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:24 AM   #123
country flag fiigblarke

fiigblarke has a reputation beyond reputefiigblarke has a reputation beyond reputefiigblarke has a reputation beyond reputefiigblarke has a reputation beyond reputefiigblarke has a reputation beyond reputefiigblarke has a reputation beyond reputefiigblarke has a reputation beyond reputefiigblarke has a reputation beyond reputefiigblarke has a reputation beyond reputefiigblarke has a reputation beyond reputefiigblarke has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to Llodra for winning the title! He's having a great season so far, keep it up!
Old 02-25-2008, 08:48 AM   #124
country flag kukka

kukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond repute

Huge congrats to Mika for winning again a title!

Elina

Allez! Nicolas Escudé Jérôme Haehnel Arnaud Clément Sébastien Grosjean Thierry Ascione Olivier Mutis Julien Varlet

C'mon! Lleyton Hewitt Mark Philippoussis Todd Reid

¡Vamos! Juan Carlos Ferrero Rafael Nadal

Yippee! Jan-Michael Gambill Graydon Oliver

Come on! Gustavo Kuerten Tim Henman

Wow! Patrick Rafter Wayne Ferreira
kukka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #125
country flag higherlaw

higherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
A rough summary:
12 wins in 15 matches since the beginning of the year: he belies his reputation of achieving a few glorious feats from time to time, but not being very consistent. The reason according to him: he doesn't need to "overdo" it in matches at the moment because his average level is very, very good.
Against Haase, he didn't play at his best. He's feeling tired because he's had only 4 days rest since the beginning of the Australian season. Especially mentally, it's tough to stick to his goal, which is to remain focussed from the first point to the very last one - but the efforts are paying off.
Some blabla about the fact that Haase is very talented and promising. Mika served very well yesterday (13 aces, 86% points won on his first serve) and did what his coach always tells him to do: to "provoke" his opponent and attack more and more during the matches. It's easy to make a passing-shot in the 1st game of a match, it's much tougher to do it at 5-5 in the TB, so Malcor.
In Toronto, they had a long discussion and Malcor told him he was not interested in coaching the "old Mika" anymore, that is a guy who works one month and then lets himself go. They spent 3 weeks working on his condition during the winter break and one can see the results now. Malcor says Mika had forgotten about very basic things like going jogging! So he forced him to do it. His legs are now much more muscular and he's much faster in the baseline rallies. Mika says it's true, he hates to go jogging, it's like hell for him, but it was obviously the right decision. He really needed to build up his condition and it now gives him a new confidence. Against Haase, he felt tired, but mentally, he was 100% there. And when you get used to make efforts, everything becomes much more easier.

It was about time to realize it can help to go running when you're a professional sportsman... ^^ Really, I can't believe it sometimes when I read interviews of French players!
Thanks, this was informative! Running can help all of us lol !

So, Mika is ranked the highest he's ever been..#37 up 21 from last week. The only other player to win two tournaments this year is Andy Murray.

I found it interesting to look at Mika's match history this year to see that so many of his sets went to 7.
He played:
6 tournaments
17 matches
39 sets
21 of those sets went to 7 (54% for any statistics nerds), of which 16 were tie breaks!

Last edited by higherlaw : 02-25-2008 at 10:22 PM.
higherlaw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 03:15 PM   #126
country flag higherlaw

higherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond repute

An article about Mika from tennisreporters.net:
http://www.tennisreporters.net/llodra_022508.html
Old 03-02-2008, 10:32 AM   #127
country flag rrfnpump
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute

One pic from the AO (by Juanqui Lover)

rrfnpump is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:24 PM   #128
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

watch out!
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:48 AM   #129
country flag higherlaw

Yikes...Mika's result in Las Vegas yesterday: [Q] K Anderson (RSA) d [6] M Llodra (FRA) 62 76(2).

TTC unfortunately only showed a few minutes of the match and it was clear that Mika was not playing his regular game. In fact, the commentators kept remarking that he was playing way behind the base line, a sort of defennsive play, rather than his regular serve and volley game.

On Monday with Julien, they beat Keifer and Melzer in doubles.

Last edited by higherlaw : 03-05-2008 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:38 AM   #130
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

He's fine, he's not injured. He says in L'Equipe he hadn't touched a racquet between Rotterdam and the warming-up in doubles. He needed a break because he had spent only 3 days at home since Christmas. He had to go to Zagreb just to show up, then he came back home and did nothing. He arrived in LV on Sunday with zero expectations.
Malcor means he has reached a new level and needs to focus on the Masters Series now. He could have made it to the quarters in LV, wasting a lot of energy (?). But that way they'll be able to have a decent preparation for IW (the physical preparation being the key for him, as they already said in Rotterdam, Mika means he can still improve a lot in that department, with more "explosivity" of the legs).

= It just looks like a nice little tank job. ^^
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:01 AM   #131
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

If he lost early in LV in the order to win Indian Wells, so it's ok for me

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:35 PM   #132
country flag higherlaw

Is Malcor Mika's coach? I thought he was Julien's.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:42 PM   #133
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Malcor is obviously coaching Mika, he's mentioned in every article about him. I'm not sure if he's also coaching Julien atm (or maybe Soules?), the guys change all the time...

I remember one year ago Soules/Malcor were supposed to coach the group Mahut-Benneteau-Llodra. They had two groups in the Team Lagardère (clay / fast surfaces) and that was the "fast surfaces" group.
Mahut left, then came back to Soules, then left again for Peyre - but I don't know for Mika and Julien.

Last edited by Truc : 03-06-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:17 PM   #134
country flag higherlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
Malcor is obviously coaching Mika, he's mentioned in every article about him. I'm not sure if he's also coaching Julien atm (or maybe Soules?), the guys change all the time...

I remember one year ago Soules/Malcor were supposed to coach the group Mahut-Benneteau-Llodra. They had two groups in the Team Lagardère (clay / fast surfaces) and that was the "fast surfaces" group.
Mahut left, then came back to Soules, then left again for Peyre - but I don't know for Mika and Julien.
Thanks for the clarification!! When I saw Julien in Washington he was with Malcor (with arnaud now injured, I'm paying a little more attention to other players ).
Old 03-09-2008, 09:59 PM   #135
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute

4 finals, 3 titles and it's only March! I hope what happens in Vegas doesn't stay in Vegas and ends up happening in Winston-Salem!

Snoo Foo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote