Kei's US Open Campaign 2011! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-29-2011, 04:15 PM   #16
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kei's US Open Campaign 2011!

OMG. Kei
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2011, 04:20 PM   #17
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute

According to a Japanese TV commentator on courtside, Kei's physical trainer said he's been having a back problem for a few days...

Also supporting Rafael Nadal, Kei Nishikori, Lleyton Hewitt
David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
Goran Ivanisevic and Marat Safin
#3 Ferrero Tard
*bunny* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:20 PM   #18
country flag ivanpartizan

ivanpartizan is on a distinguished road

OMG, I can't believe he is losing to this guy. Why I bet on this loser?
ivanpartizan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:27 PM   #19
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute

4-6 2-6 and Kei retires...

Better to quit now than aggravate the injury...

David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 08-29-2011, 04:32 PM   #20
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

He's so injury prone
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:29 AM   #21
country flag *bunny*

Bad day for Japanese tennis.
Kei, Ayumi and Misaki all retired, and Go lost 1, 3 and 0 to Anderson.

Poor Misaki Doi had to leave the court in a wheelchair after she hurt right thigh (cramp?) when leading 2-6 7-6(12) *2-0. She fought until 2-5 in the third set but then she couldn't move.

Morita had a shoulder problem and retired after taking medical time out before the second set.

It would be funny if Kimiko, with a broken little finger on her right hand, becomes the only winner in R1!

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 08-30-2011, 07:37 AM   #22
country flag *bunny*

An Interview With: Kei Nishikori
Monday, August 29, 2011

Q. So what was it? Injury?

KEI NISHIKORI: My back.

Q. Lower?

KEI NISHIKORI: Lower back. Yeah, muscle.

Q. Were you feeling it from the start, or did it just sort of come on all of a sudden?

KEI NISHIKORI: It started Saturday, two days ago. I practiced in the morning and start hurting, and I stopped practice and got better yesterday a little bit. Beginning was okay today, but the pain was increasing every point, and, yeah, I had to retire.

Q. Do you think it's travel related or just do you know where it came from?

KEI NISHIKORI: Played six match last week in Winston Salem. Then I got a little bit tired. I think that's from last week.

Q. Second year in a row you've had an injury here. It must be kind of disappointing.

KEI NISHIKORI: Yeah. Yeah, I can't excuse. Yeah, it's tough for me, but it's not that bad this injury, so I hope I can get back in one week or two weeks.

Q. That very long match, what did that mean to you last year, the experience you got here, making that run, having that one match? That was a tough match.

KEI NISHIKORI: Yeah, last year was great, great moment for me. Got a lot of confidence after getting injury after one year rest and beating Cilic. That was really big for me. But it was just unfortunately I got injury. I didn't have much time from last week, so that was, I think, the problem. Yeah, I was very happy to play this year US Open. I always play good on here so it's disappointing, but hopefully come back next year good.

Q. Do you think maybe you should've maybe not played Winston Salem because it was so close? Why did you initially think that was a good tournament?

KEI NISHIKORI: I mean, I wasn't gonna play, but I had injury my shoulder. Before Cincinnati one month I couldn't play the other US Open Series, so that's why I want play some matches before this tournament.

---------------------------------------

Take a good rest, Kei!

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 08-31-2011, 05:07 AM   #23
country flag kinokino

kinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond repute

Take a rest and get better soon.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:58 AM   #24
country flag *bunny*

According to Kei's blog, he will be able to start practicing tomorrow. (Meaning he will probably play DC...part of me am glad he'll play but another part of me says he should skip DC because he will be forced to play three rubbers again and likely get yet another injury!)

Apparently, the back injury sarted with a pain in his left leg in Winston Salem, and it got worse on Saturday before USO. It seems he's feeling pretty down because he get so many injuries one after another and he's also not very happy with his tennis recently. Hope he can find the way to get fitter and better...

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 09-03-2011, 12:00 PM   #25
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

hopefully he can end of the year on a high
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote