Western and Southern Cincinnati - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-13-2011, 01:06 AM   #1
country flag MightyJurgenfan

MightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Western and Southern Cincinnati

Jurgen drew Simon seeded 10 in the first round. This could be a tough one since he has not played on hard court yet.
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2011, 01:12 AM   #2
country flag RafaFan95

RafaFan95 has a reputation beyond reputeRafaFan95 has a reputation beyond reputeRafaFan95 has a reputation beyond reputeRafaFan95 has a reputation beyond reputeRafaFan95 has a reputation beyond reputeRafaFan95 has a reputation beyond reputeRafaFan95 has a reputation beyond reputeRafaFan95 has a reputation beyond reputeRafaFan95 has a reputation beyond reputeRafaFan95 has a reputation beyond reputeRafaFan95 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Western and Southern Cincinnati

Yes, it`s not easy.
But it`s weird how fast he comes from a bye to a tough opponent like Simon.

RAFA NADAL and JURGEN MELZER
Juan Martin del Potro - Andreas Haider-Maurer - Andy Roddick - Martin Fischer - Milos Raonic - Dominic Thiem - Bernard Tomic
http://austriantennisblog.blogspot.com
RafaFan95 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:19 PM   #3

MightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond repute

I talked to Jurgen yesterday. He looked a little tired after his second practice, but he said he felt fine and the leg is good.
WOW now Cincinnati is huge. 10 courts for matches and at least 8 practice courts. I like the small way it used to be. Now in size I feel it compares to Miami and Indian Hills. Cincy used to be small and not to much walking. It is attractive but I do not like waitingt for womans matches that never seem to end. I wait over an hour just to see the match I wanted to see because the woman's match had split sets and I thought it would not take to long. Boy was I wrong the third set lasted over an hour.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
country flag Sweetspot

Sweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Western and Southern Cincinnati

go Jurgen, go!!!

Sweetspot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:33 PM   #5
country flag Sweetspot

Sweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Western and Southern Cincinnati

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyJurgenfan View Post
Jurgen drew Simon seeded 10 in the first round. This could be a tough one since he has not played on hard court yet.
well, we all want to forget it, but the 2+ sets in washington were definitely on hard!

===========

dammit, simon breaks in the opening game of the second set, wiping out melzer's set serve advantage! *grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*
Old 08-16-2011, 08:11 PM   #6
country flag Sweetspot

Unhappy Re: Western and Southern Cincinnati

= = = = = =

Last edited by Sweetspot : 08-16-2011 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:48 PM   #7
country flag Sweetspot

melzer saves 2 MP, 5 all

simon love game, 6-5
Old 08-16-2011, 09:10 PM   #8
country flag Sweetspot

IMO jurgen looked good (except for the UEs )

Old 08-17-2011, 01:07 AM   #9

It was disappointing to watch him lose. He doubled faulted at the wrong times. I am not very good at analizing a match, but it seemed to me that he tried to keep unforced errors down in the first set. In the second he was going for his shots and just missing to often. In the third set, he was so close to winning and just could not do it. Credit to Simon who had to play very good to win. Jurgen told me that Petzschner had a fever and was sick. I checked the draw and they are still listed. I hope they get to play doubles.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:58 AM   #10
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

You could see he mas lacking rhytm. It was too much up and down, no consistency at all.
Plus he didn't look like he believed in winning, so I didn't believe in it either. It's a good thing he looked okay fysically.

Onto Winston Salem now, will be a high seed there.
Ad Wim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:20 PM   #11
country flag RafaFan95

RafaFan95 has a reputation beyond reputeRafaFan95 has a reputation beyond reputeRafaFan95 has a reputation beyond reputeRafaFan95 has a reputation beyond reputeRafaFan95 has a reputation beyond reputeRafaFan95 has a reputation beyond reputeRafaFan95 has a reputation beyond reputeRafaFan95 has a reputation beyond reputeRafaFan95 has a reputation beyond reputeRafaFan95 has a reputation beyond reputeRafaFan95 has a reputation beyond repute

I was so happy and optimistic when he won the first set and was very disappointed after the match. Hopefully he gets a better draw at the US Open to make some points.

Juan Martin del Potro - Andreas Haider-Maurer - Andy Roddick - Martin Fischer - Milos Raonic - Dominic Thiem - Bernard Tomic
Old 08-17-2011, 10:22 PM   #12
country flag RafaFan95

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyJurgenfan View Post
It was disappointing to watch him lose. He doubled faulted at the wrong times. I am not very good at analizing a match, but it seemed to me that he tried to keep unforced errors down in the first set. In the second he was going for his shots and just missing to often. In the third set, he was so close to winning and just could not do it. Credit to Simon who had to play very good to win. Jurgen told me that Petzschner had a fever and was sick. I checked the draw and they are still listed. I hope they get to play doubles.
Did you give him your scrapbook? If yes, what did he say?

Old 08-18-2011, 01:33 PM   #13

Yes, I gave it to him. He smiled and thanked me for doing it. With his hand he showed how he has them all lined up on a shelf in his home. I told him I am so old that I do not do a very good job, but he asked if I would continue to do it and I said I would be happy to do it. I hope people keep posting pictures here so I can have them from all his tournaments.
Today on the schedule he is listed to play doubles so we are going in to see if Philip is well enough to play. I hope they can play.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:40 PM   #14

Today I watched his doubles match. He and Petzschner were the better team but they lost. Pet was still ill. Between games he looked so tired. He played some great tennis and also made several mistakes. Jurgen played better than in singles but still missed many set ups by going for to much. He still has not been able to find his rhytme. I was so sad they lost.