It's not too much to ask the mind & body to work at the same time is it? HC Thread - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-05-2011, 09:36 AM   #91
country flag Kate87

Kate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Physical heath is irrelevant when the brain's 100% AWOL HC thread :help:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
so we made up the name "kerj" (not sure who or why LOL)
I think it was a typo on msn

besides them rooting for: Bob Bryan; Mike Bryan; MarTy Fish
Kate87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2011, 02:54 PM   #92
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Physical heath is irrelevant when the brain's 100% AWOL HC thread :help:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate87 View Post
I think it was a typo on msn
OOOOOOoooooooooooooooo probably

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:53 PM   #93
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Andy/Ferrer at night every time someone says the USTA tries to help out Andy they should look at stuff like this

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 09-05-2011, 10:36 PM   #94
country flag starr_00

starr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond repute

He's going to be rained out either way methinks. They'll be lucky if they get one full match out of the way tomorrow.
starr_00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:47 PM   #95
country flag Deboogle!.

Just more clear that they aren't favoring him. If so they would've put him on first

Old 09-06-2011, 12:14 AM   #96
country flag starr_00

starr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond reputestarr_00 has a reputation beyond repute

Well the thing is - they do favor him... the way they favor all big draws and fan favorites (and not in the way that help them win matches). All on court scheduling is done in association with television programming - CBS and ESPN. The cold, hard fact is that top draws will be scheduled at night/primetime on a weekdays (outside of Mon/labor day), and during the day on weekends. Those are the slots that will draw the most potential eyeballs on tv, so they'll put the biggest draws and matchups on at that time. Not surprised at all that Andy/Ferrer is the scheduled primetime match tomorrow night, unfortunately. The only other primetime option for tomorrow night is Murray/Young... and tbh - the casual US viewer could give a sh*t about Murray and Young is still unproven. Now way they'd choose that as their primetime match when they have an option of Andy vs. a top 5 opponent in Ferrer. True that it's annoying, but totally expected.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:23 AM   #97
country flag Deboogle!.

They're favoring him for TV Audiences, they're doing anything but favoring him to actually progress in the tournament. Big difference If they wanted Andy to have the best chance to win the match he would've been at 11am. People in GM say things are always done to favor him going far in the tournament but considering how much he's put at night that's clearly not true... We're saying the same thing just in a different way

Old 09-06-2011, 12:33 AM   #98
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. The USTA/ESPN are favoring high TV ratings, they're not helping Andy's chances of winning.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:14 AM   #99
country flag starr_00

Right, exactly. They don't schedule him to give him the best chance to advance... they schedule him (and all others) to give advertisers the best chance to have eyeballs on their product on tv. Haha, we all agree. Anyway - I could probably do the OOP before they release it every day and it would match exactly - it's totally predictable. I just hope he actually gets to play tomorrow though - it's going to rain for the next 2 days-ish... the whole draw is kind of screwed.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:12 PM   #100
country flag arodfanpe666o

arodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think thaye can move Andy to Armstrong today? I mean, after Isner - Simon.
arodfanpe666o is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:03 PM   #101
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the time of the match should make that much of a difference. If Andy is playing like a pansy pusher from the back of the court it's going to be the same outcome at 1pm or 7pm against a guy like Ferrer who is so good at working a point from the baseline. It's just at 7pm more people can watch him make an ass of himself.

Regardless, it's soooo cool outside right now, I don't think the conditions are going to be blazing quick at anytime and with all humidity in the air right now it might even be heavier during the day.
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:32 PM   #102
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

So glad tennis is called off for today. With the backlog maybe they'll reschedule Andy's match with Ferrer on Armstrong during the day when it's hotter. One can hope.

Did you guys see this?

"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
Old 09-06-2011, 07:28 PM   #103
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
So glad tennis is called off for today. With the backlog maybe they'll reschedule Andy's match with Ferrer on Armstrong during the day when it's hotter. One can hope.

Did you guys see this?

Looks like you got your wish.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/s...l?promo=subnav
That's the gospel.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:39 PM   #104
Last dance, Andy

I saw that He still may not beat Ferrer, but if he does then playing during the day on Armstrong could be the deciding edge.

Piers Newbery Nadal, Roddick and Murray will open Wed @11. It's still uncertain who will play on Ashe, Armstrong or Grand Stand.

Piers Newbery Mammoth day @usopen on Wednesday - @andy_murray v Young on Grandstand at 1600 BST, Nadal on Ashe, Roddick on Armstrong. #bbctennis

I am shocked that Murray/Young will be on Grandstand. What a fantastic atmosphere it will be, for Young especially.

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 09-06-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:26 PM   #105
country flag Fumus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
I saw that! Yippeeee! He still may not beat Ferrer, but if he does then playing during the day on Armstrong could be the deciding edge.

Piers Newbery Nadal, Roddick and Murray will open Wed @11. It's still uncertain who will play on Ashe, Armstrong or Grand Stand.

Piers Newbery Mammoth day @usopen on Wednesday - @andy_murray v Young on Grandstand at 1600 BST, Nadal on Ashe, Roddick on Armstrong. #bbctennis

I am shocked that Murray/Young will be on Grandstand. What a fantastic atmosphere it will be, for Young especially.
I think that's a bigger deal than being a night, being in Armstrong will really pull the crowd in it for Andy.
That's the gospel.