Tennys Sandgren- The Kid With The Awesome Name - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-30-2011, 08:38 AM   #16
Guest12315544
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Guest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest12315544 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennys Sandgren- The Kid With The Awesome Name

I don't follow College Tennis so I have never heard of him. But that is a great name
Guest12315544 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2012, 10:38 PM   #17
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nice article about Tennys and his name origin

Tennys Sandgren wins tennis match at USTA Pro Circuit

Quote:
February 23, 2012 8:36 PM
ShareThis| Print Story | E-Mail StoryBy TODD ORODENKER/ The Brownsville Herald
His name is Tennys, and he plays tennis.

Thursday at the Brownsville USTA Pro Circuit Tennis Tournament at Brownsville Tennis Center, Tennys Sandgren won a tennis match, as he upset sixth-seeded Dimitar Kutrovsky 7-6(4), 6-4 to advance to the quarterfinals.

He’ll try for another upset today, as he draws fourth-seed Daniel Cox for the right to go to the semifinals.

There, Tennys, and yes that’s his real name, will have a chance to play more … sigh, tennis. And don’t think he hasn’t heard it all before.

"Certainly I get a lot of interesting comments," Sandgren said. "None negative, just interesting."

Sandgren got the unusual, but fitting, first name from his Swedish great grandfather. It had no relation to the sport, and when his parents decided to bring back the name and give it to their son, they weren’t really thinking about the sport either.

But they did play it, and they did have a court in their backyard. So, it became a family thing to do, and sure enough, Sandgren wound up being pretty good.

The Tennessee native stayed in his home state and played college tennis at Tennessee, but last summer, he won two different Pro Circuit tournaments in Illinois. With those wins and with what he did in college, the 20-year-old decided it was the right time to turn pro and go at this full-time.

"I had good results over the summer," Sandgren said. "It was just a matter of when I was ready."

Based on how he handled Kutrovsky, it looks like Sandgren made the right call.

"He’s ranked higher than I am, so it’s always nice to beat someone who had some of the wins he’s had," Sandgren said.

In the match, Sandgren and Kutrovsky kept taking shots at each in the first set before Sandgren powered through in the tiebreaker.

The second set featured clean tennis until Sandgren broke Kutrovsky twice to take a 5-2 lead. He let up in the ensuing game and was re-broken, then lost on the fourth deuce to make it 5-4.

But after changing his shirt and taking a quick breather, he won four points in a row and ran away with the match.

"Just about trying to win each point," Sandgren said. "There was not a lot of serving plays because the serve was taken out of it with the wind."

Things didn’t stop there for Sandgren on Thursday, as he and his doubles partner Rhyne Williams beat Vahid Mirzadeh and Michael Shabaz 6-1, 7-6(0) to advance to the final.

He’ll have that, and of course, another singles match or two.

"That’s how it is, it’s a grind, for sure," Sandgren said. "It should be a really tough one (today)."
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #18
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default USA F7 Futures

Tennys SANDGREN (USA) 6-0 6-3 Gregory OUELLETTE (USA) [4]
Tennys SANDGREN (USA) 6-3 6-3 Vladimir OBRADOVIC (SRB)
Tennys SANDGREN (USA) 6-7(2) 7-5 6-4 Takanyi GARANGANGA (ZIM)

Semi against Andre BEGEMANN (GER) [1]. Good luck.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:04 PM   #19
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

He is into the final with 6 2, 4-6 7-5 over Begemann, awaits the winner of Kosakowski & Ball.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:10 PM   #20
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Won the title over Kosakowski 6-3 7-5.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:26 AM   #21
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

USA F8

Tennys SANDGREN (USA) def. Vladimir OBRADOVIC (SRB) 7-6(5) 6-2
Tennys SANDGREN (USA) def. Chris WETTENGEL (USA) 3-6 6-3 7-6(3)
Gregory OUELLETTE (USA) [5] def. Tennys SANDGREN (USA) 7-5 6-1
Old 03-31-2012, 08:53 PM   #22
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

WC into Tally Challenger, plays Jamie Baker in the 1st round.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #23
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Lost 60 06 46 , double faulted twice during the only break in the 3rd set (so many double faults)
Old 04-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #24
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Tennys is playing the Oklahoma City future and his first round opponent is Dekel Bar (ISR). Good luck.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:14 AM   #25
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Def. Bar 6-2 6-0
Def. Carleton 4-6 6-3 6-0
Def. Corrie 6-2 7-6(5)
Vs. Zerbini (semi)

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
Old 04-14-2012, 08:42 PM   #26
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Tough loss, 67(5) 57, GL in Little Rock.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:46 PM   #27
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Little Rock

1st Round def. Peter Aarts 62 61
2nd Round def. Daniel Stahl 63 64
Quarterfinal def. Christian "Little Harry" Harrison 63 76(4)
Semifinal vs John-Patrick Smith

Old 04-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #28
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Is in the final with a 64 75 win. Final opponent is John Peers. Good luck Tennys.

Old 04-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #29
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Congrats on another title with a 6-1 7-6(6) victory . At this rate, he will break into the Top 300 in no time. Keep it up Tennys .

Old 04-22-2012, 06:32 PM   #30
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Was a bit disappointed he didn't finish off the job last week, but this is great.
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote