Gael's mission to shock the world and be USO champion - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-26-2011, 12:56 PM   #16
country flag Monfils

Monfils has a reputation beyond reputeMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeMonfils has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gael's mission to shock the world and be USO champion

Yes i agree. I think if he passes through Dimitrov hurdle he can go in 2nd week without too many difficulties.

I'm pretty excited by a Monfils-Berdych clash and i hope he'll be able to defeat a Masters Cup's opponent.

About Djokovic i think he will be so much prepared than last year, he played him twice this month and knows what he'll have to do and not do. Maybe its the good tournament to "shock the world" effectively.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #17
country flag julia_gu

julia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic again...

Monfils-Berdych will be a hard match,I really like these two guys

whether Monfils or Berdych,the winner will be tired,and Djokovic will.....

oh damn it
julia_gu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:10 PM   #18
country flag Senegal

Senegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond repute

Very enjoyable match against Dimitrov I thought, their styles went together really well and there were some magic rallies at times.

Gael looks in good shape and what's encouraging is he can still go up a few of levels in terms of performance here.

Ferrero will test the consistency of his groundstrokes in the next round but I'm not overly worried about it. JCF played a 5 setter last night for one thing, and with Gael's form in the last few weeks I can't see a repeat of the match from Montreal two years ago. Keep it going!
Senegal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:09 PM   #19
country flag misyou25

misyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond repute

great match against jc too bad for the loss, i was torn between them and would be sad if either lost
misyou25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:57 AM   #20
country flag Senegal

Senegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond reputeSenegal has a reputation beyond repute

That was a brutal match physically. All credit to Ferrero, well deserved for his persistence.

I'm disappointed Gael couldn't find the tennis he was playing early on in the first set again at any point in the match. He looked superb and the set could have been in the bag before JCF had the chance to get himself settled down but he didn't convert his BPs there and it eventually bit him in the arse in the TB where he was poor.

After that it was a real grind. Even still I didn't believe he was in huge danger until I saw the difference in condition and body language when the 5th set rolled around. Ferrero's fitness is stunning for a guy at this point in his career and he looked in much better shape, it was like night and day and that surprised me a bit. On the bright side Gael still has the best handshake in the game.

Ah well, the US open is just a warm up for the real tournaments like Bangkok anyway
Senegal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote