Gastonesque Quotes - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-12-2004, 06:46 PM   #16
country flag MeluG

MeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gastonesque Quotes

Another one from the RG final press conference:

It is 100-percent satisfaction. When I returned to Buenos Aires after playing Davis Cup in Moscow and Malaga, you had the impression it was my fault and that hurt me," he said.

"That's why I have enjoyed this moment twice as much because there are many people who have helped me through my difficult moments. Now it's like a revenge."

Melu =O)

"Algunos piensan que yo fui el impulsor de esa reunión y yo, por mi carácter, no puedo organizar ni mi casa" (Gaudio, 2004).

Gaston Gaudio Mania
MeluG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2004, 07:25 PM   #17
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

I think he’s a person with a strong sense of humor, very ironic, and he sees the humorous side of life (which also helps him keep things in perspective). So I think he knowingly comes out with those witty sayings.
And when he’s being serious, he has the intellectual capacity to go to the heart of the matter, and is able to put it into words like the psychoanalysed guy he is.

Cheers,
Vale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Rosset is Tall
The funniest people are the ones, that don't try to be funny and Gaston comes into this category.
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 08:53 PM   #18
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Gracias, Melu!! Eres muy simpatica!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 04:33 PM   #19
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everybody

Well, it's not what GG said or didn't say that I would like to share with you here. It's what he said he would do but did not. Ok, I explain it...

Remember RG, after the semi he won against David, GG was interviewed by commentators on national french tv. They talked about tennis, his game, his ambitions... And one of the commentators, the only woman among them, tried to make fun of GG's hair. Let me say, she could only try but didn't succeed. She said that she's been told he had a very beautiful hair and that the french public, who didn't know him (untrue!), would certainly appreciate if he could show it. He answered he would if he wins the tournament.

Let's sweep to the final and after. Same commentators. Same woman. Same GG! Of course, they remembered G he made a promise. First, he faked he didn't understand what they were talking about. Then, as they were insisting, he simply took off his cap. And we all could see Gaston Gaudio, the winner of RG, without his cap. What was funny was that the commentators, and especially the woman thought they did have some scoop. What they were ignoring was that GG had already posed for the official photographs without his cap. Who's made fun of who?

But G, if you read this, remember that a promise is a promise and that I'm waiting for you next year to loosen your so beautiful hair on french tv! I'll be there, be sure of it. I'll also be in RG but that's another matter.
Choupi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 08:37 PM   #20
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Tres amusant, choupi!! Oui, Gaston a de tres beaux cheveux... je l'ai vu a Toronto cet ete...

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 09:55 AM   #21
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogiFan88
Tres amusant, choupi!! Oui, Gaston a de tres beaux cheveux... je l'ai vu a Toronto cet ete...
Tu as beaucoup de chance. J'espère avoir la même à RG l'année prochaine...

You're a lucky fellow. I hope it'll be the same for me next year in RG. (for those who don't speak french...)
Choupi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 05:27 PM   #22
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

We need to put some more quotes in here.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 03:42 AM   #23
country flag Leonandy

Leonandy has a reputation beyond reputeLeonandy has a reputation beyond reputeLeonandy has a reputation beyond reputeLeonandy has a reputation beyond reputeLeonandy has a reputation beyond reputeLeonandy has a reputation beyond reputeLeonandy has a reputation beyond reputeLeonandy has a reputation beyond reputeLeonandy has a reputation beyond reputeLeonandy has a reputation beyond reputeLeonandy has a reputation beyond repute

Great thread,you guys!I love it!
There're more interviews from RG last year.
You may find some classic quotations
http://2004.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/players/atpg374.html
Roger Federer
>>>"Using Song Names To Answer these questions"Game<<<

Last edited by Leonandy : 05-17-2005 at 03:48 AM.
Leonandy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:41 PM   #24
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

"I saw the ball clearly in," said Gaudio, playing his first indoor match this year. "But sometimes it's tough for the linesman and I can understand her and sometimes it happens. This time it was for him and maybe tomorrow it's going to be for me.

- Gaston after he lost to Melzer in Vienna.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 04:15 PM   #25
country flag clin

clin has a reputation beyond reputeclin has a reputation beyond reputeclin has a reputation beyond reputeclin has a reputation beyond reputeclin has a reputation beyond reputeclin has a reputation beyond reputeclin has a reputation beyond reputeclin has a reputation beyond reputeclin has a reputation beyond reputeclin has a reputation beyond reputeclin has a reputation beyond repute

Great thread, indeed! I am currently in Shanghai watching the Masters Cup and am just back from the GG-Gonzo cliff-hanger. The quote about his game: “When I’m playing against a rival and against myself, it’s twice as difficcult” was never more apt. Am very proud of Gaston fighting back. He got called for a lot of foot faults in his last two round-robin matches here and also got upset with the chair ump over-ruling a linesman call. So another apropos quote:

"Yeah, go ahead...foot fault, out, net..call them all if you want"

My personal favourite from RG 2004 interviews (and you have to watch the video to really appreciate it):

"Q. Two weeks ago in Dusseldorf, the day of the draw, I asked you what your thoughts were, how you felt you were going to go at the French Open. You said you didn't know. How shocked are you?

GASTON GAUDIO: Like you (smiling)."

That got a laugh from all the journalists present. Charming.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:06 PM   #26
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a new one, after today's cliff-hanger:

"I almost lost the match three times. It was very emotional. Fun for the crowd but not for me."
Old 11-18-2005, 06:45 PM   #27
country flag Vale

On being asked by Chinese journalists about his hairstyle:

"The style I have is Chinese, a Chinese cut"

(don't ever lose your sense of humour, Gastón!)
Old 11-18-2005, 06:50 PM   #28
country flag Denisse

Denisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond reputeDenisse has a reputation beyond repute

wow this is a great thread! thank you for all the quotes you guys! gaston is soo funny!
Denisse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 12:16 PM   #29
country flag Vale

After losing badly to Federer in the Masters Cup semifinals:

"Everything was bad today but what can I do? It happens in life.
There are things worse than this in life."

"I want to apologise to the crowd. I couldn't give anything. I couldn't give them the match they expected."

When asked how one could stop Federer winning his third straight Masters Cup title: "I think maybe you should ask someone else. Don't ask me."
Old 01-02-2006, 01:28 PM   #30
country flag Vale

After losing his first singles match in the Hopman Cup:

Q. The foot faults, we’ve got to ask you a bit about the foot faults. There were a few of them. They were annoying weren’t they?

(Gaudio) It is, but it’s fun for the crowd...............

(Gaudio) Maybe I should move the line a little bit forward.

Q. Or maybe you should move your foot a little bit back?

(Gaudio) I’m going to try with that one. I never thought about that one before.