Why did you choose your nick, if it's not a nick saluting a player? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-26-2011, 12:54 PM   #1
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why did you choose your nick, if it's not a nick saluting a player?

A lot of people simply take a nick after their favourite player, but a lot of people on the forum have intriguing nicks, that always make me curious as to the story behind them.

Mine is nothing to write home about unfortunately. I was NOT in one of my more creative moods when I joined MTF, and simply stuck "an" onto the name of my island home.

Respectfully,
masterclass

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Richard Cook
barbadosan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #2
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why did you choose your nick, if it's not a nick saluting a player?

All of my nicks on whatever forum on whatever subject are songtitles from current progrock bands.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:59 PM   #3
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
All of my nicks on whatever forum on whatever subject are songtitles from current progrock bands.
So if the group disbands, you change your nick?

Respectfully,
masterclass

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Richard Cook
Old 07-26-2011, 01:02 PM   #4
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't want to be called GasquetFan or IloveRichie21, it's stupid so he decided to mix up the name of my fav and his (former ) favourite surface.

But it remains a nick saluting a player, I guess
Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:04 PM   #5
country flag barbadosan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassquet View Post
I didn't want to be called GasquetFan or IloveRichie21, it's stupid so he decided to mix up the name of my fav and his (former ) favourite surface.
You were lucky "grass" fit so neatly with the first syllable of his name Clayquet wouldn't have worked nearly as well - lol

Respectfully,
masterclass

Old 07-26-2011, 01:14 PM   #6
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbadosan View Post
So if the group disbands, you change your nick?
Well, my fortune is that the top progrock bands tend to stay together for decades at least!
The fellow whose songtitle I've borrowed as my nick (and my former one as well, btw) has been making music for exactly 26 years now, and he's surely not going to stop doing so anywhere soon.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:44 PM   #7
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

This is a nick I use elsewhere, too. I've had it for years. When I was registering here I just thought "Bah, I'll take my usual name so I'll remember it."
Orka_n is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:46 PM   #8
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Mine is because I feel bullied around here
Old 07-26-2011, 01:47 PM   #9
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute

It's my name. Easy to remember, and "Or" is hard to google and track.
Or Levy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #10
country flag barbadosan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -calimero- View Post
Mine is because I feel bullied around here
I obvioulsy need to broaden my anime education I had to look it up (put it down to my old age.. hehe)

Respectfully,
masterclass

Old 07-26-2011, 02:11 PM   #11
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't mine obvious?
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:12 PM   #12
country flag barbadosan

Grooving out on life - or you're a johnny? j/k

Respectfully,
masterclass

Old 07-26-2011, 02:15 PM   #13
country flag kinski76
Humor is reason gone mad

kinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm usually either Kinski or Vampira online. Both movie-related, since I'm a movie nut. Vampira was a Finnish actress/tv presenter who starred in "Plan 9 from Outer Space" and had a fairly distinctive persona. Klaus Kinski was a remarkable German/Polish actor with an equally distinctive persona.

I deleted your avatar because it was extremely inappropriate and not appreciated.
Why did it take 300 years to give the giant tortoise a scientific name?

kinski76 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:31 PM   #14
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Mine is one of my army nicks back in the day
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:12 PM   #15
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

I guess my question would be rather why in the world would you have a tennis player's name in your nickname? It's always seemed weird to me.

I had this name on wta world and used it on atp world that was the original of this site.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote