Amy Winehouse dead. - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-25-2011, 08:56 AM   #61
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amy Winehouse dead.

i am not very into music, i wonder whether why Amy, who was so famous, only had 2 albums? it seems that the famous singers in HK at least released 1 album per year, its not the same for Western singers?

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2011, 10:39 AM   #62
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Is it any more messy than dying?
3 times in 4 months i have had to make alternative plans for journey home because some people think the Central line is a swell place to end their lives.

If one is going to kill themselves do it in a manner that doesn't inconvenience the public and traumatize the public. Hell even Hitler had the decency to sort out his own burial plans.

Euthanasia should be allowed for the long term suffering.

Depression is a sickness?

There's a reason why suicides don't go to heaven, you just don't check out when things get tough.

Quote:
Liverpool FC need to return to the good old days when the players were born and bred locally. Dalglish, Keegan, McDermott, Kennedy, Lawrenson, Hansen, Grobelaar, Toshack, Molby ........ or were they just the Chelsea of the 70's buying the best talent available in the market?
Black Adam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:53 AM   #63
country flag Manon
@Casteldurante

Manon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adam View Post

Yes, it's a clinical illness.

'Depression is a medical illness that involves the mind and body. Also called major depression, major depressive disorder and clinical depression, it affects how you feel, think and behave. Depression can lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems. You may have trouble doing normal day-to-day activities, and depression may make you feel as if life isn't worth living.

More than just a bout of the blues, depression isn't a weakness, nor is it something that you can simply "snap out" of. Depression is a chronic illness that usually requires long-term treatment, like diabetes or high blood pressure. But don't get discouraged. Most people with depression feel better with medication, psychological counseling or other treatment.
Depression

Also:

http://www.clinical-depression.co.uk/
http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/...depression.htm

+

'Depression is more than just a low mood - it's a serious illness. While we all feel sad, moody or low from time to time, some people experience these feelings intensely, for long periods of time and often without reason. People with depression find it hard to function every day and may be reluctant to participate in activities they once enjoyed.

Depression is one of the most common of all mental health problems. One in five people experience depression at some stage of their lives.'

http://www.beyondblue.org.au/index.aspx?link_id=89

--------------------------------------------------

It seems ignorance is an ultimate blessing.

Novak Djokovic, Huan Martin Del Potro, Monaco, Berdych....
Manon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:53 AM   #64
country flag Dougie

Dougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
3 times in 4 months i have had to make alternative plans for journey home because some people think the Central line is a swell place to end their lives.

If one is going to kill themselves do it in a manner that doesn't inconvenience the public and traumatize the public. Hell even Hitler had the decency to sort out his own burial plans.

There's a reason why suicides don't go to heaven, you just don't check out when things get tough.
Yes. Real depression is a sickness, and those who have not experienced it, can´t even begin to understand what goes through someones mind when he/she is genuinely depressed. Just to be clear, I have never suffered from depression myself, but depression is lot more than "things getting tough". As for going to heaven, how do you know who ( if anyone) goes there and who doesn´t? Come on...
Dougie is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:58 AM   #65
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

I think god will show his mercy and won't punish those who really can't support any more by killing themselves, to say that, i don't mean those who killed themselves with minor things like your boss/mum/lovers scolded you or your lover dumped you or you didn't have monie to buy a i-phone ..... just like he will not put homosexuals into hell as he should have known that many of them are born to be liked that. If someone has to be blamed, gold also has to be blamed coz he created them

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:03 AM   #66
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, this tread is getting far from its original topic... TGS, do rapists go to heaven?
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:56 AM   #67
country flag Harmless

Harmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

A medically recognized illness, yes.
Not even going to try to do anything with the last sentence though.
Harmless is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:38 PM   #68
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
Yes. Real depression is a sickness, and those who have not experienced it, can´t even begin to understand what goes through someones mind when he/she is genuinely depressed. Just to be clear, I have never suffered from depression myself, but depression is lot more than "things getting tough". As for going to heaven, how do you know who ( if anyone) goes there and who doesn´t? Come on...
Honestly didn't know that about depression. Thanks for the Info (Manon).

As for the Heaven bit, that's what I was taught at Sunday School. It's the sin of Murder nonetheless.When I was younger a terminally ill aunt of mine threw herself down a well and my teacher told that sadly she wouldn't be going to heaven. Which sucks because she was already near the end anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calimero
Wow, this tread is getting far from its original topic... TGS, do rapists go to heaven?
You sure won't find any up there, but what do i know? how would i know?

Saw a mourner say the following on National TV:
Quote:
It's a shame more oculdn't be done to help her you know, we knew she had problems but I just wish there was more we could have done to help.
I wonder if the same sentiment is also for all those poor unknowns who die from drug abuse. To be honest, Celebs don't help the situation by doing drugs because they are not advertising how bad it is, instead people see drugs as a cool thing celebs do.

Quote:
Liverpool FC need to return to the good old days when the players were born and bred locally. Dalglish, Keegan, McDermott, Kennedy, Lawrenson, Hansen, Grobelaar, Toshack, Molby ........ or were they just the Chelsea of the 70's buying the best talent available in the market?
Black Adam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:17 PM   #69
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
I agreed with you, i also wanted to die with dignity and not on conditions that i cannot even go to toilets or take a shower
Yes, I know you did. You aren't someone who would ever criticize a suffering person.

I should have made it clearer that I was responding to those who were saying there was never an excuse for suicide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manon View Post
Yes, it's a clinical illness.

'Depression is a medical illness that involves the mind and body. Also called major depression, major depressive disorder and clinical depression, it affects how you feel, think and behave. Depression can lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems. You may have trouble doing normal day-to-day activities, and depression may make you feel as if life isn't worth living.

More than just a bout of the blues, depression isn't a weakness, nor is it something that you can simply "snap out" of. Depression is a chronic illness that usually requires long-term treatment, like diabetes or high blood pressure. But don't get discouraged. Most people with depression feel better with medication, psychological counseling or other treatment.
Depression

Also:

http://www.clinical-depression.co.uk/
http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/...depression.htm

+

'Depression is more than just a low mood - it's a serious illness. While we all feel sad, moody or low from time to time, some people experience these feelings intensely, for long periods of time and often without reason. People with depression find it hard to function every day and may be reluctant to participate in activities they once enjoyed.

Depression is one of the most common of all mental health problems. One in five people experience depression at some stage of their lives.'

http://www.beyondblue.org.au/index.aspx?link_id=89

--------------------------------------------------

It seems ignorance is an ultimate blessing.
for posting that, Manon.

Quote:
Honestly didn't know that about depression. Thanks for the Info (Manon).

As for the Heaven bit, that's what I was taught at Sunday School. It's the sin of Murder nonetheless.When I was younger a terminally ill aunt of mine threw herself down a well and my teacher told that sadly she wouldn't be going to heaven. Which sucks because she was already near the end anyways.
That was a terrible thing for a boy to hear. Even people who are religious are sometimes not very kind.

Quote:
I wonder if the same sentiment is also for all those poor unknowns who die from drug abuse. To be honest, Celebs don't help the situation by doing drugs because they are not advertising how bad it is, instead people see drugs as a cool thing celebs do.
No one helps anything by doing drugs or getting drunk. I guess it's part of the human condition, and addiction is a dreadful thing. I'm just happy I've escaped being addicted to anything more than cigarettes, and thank goodness that's behind me now.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:53 PM   #70
country flag cezero
Banned!

cezero has a reputation beyond reputecezero has a reputation beyond reputecezero has a reputation beyond reputecezero has a reputation beyond reputecezero has a reputation beyond reputecezero has a reputation beyond reputecezero has a reputation beyond reputecezero has a reputation beyond reputecezero has a reputation beyond reputecezero has a reputation beyond reputecezero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
i think you got me wrong, i mentioned about people having physical pain cannot be blamed for wanting to kill themselves, that does not mean I think physical pain is worst than mental pain, and that people with mental pain cannot be forgiven for wanting to kill themselves
no, i "got" you just right.

you have a wonderful life.
cezero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:01 PM   #71
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree with this statement: it's odd to hear all these celebrities crying and releasing statements about how much they miss her and feeling sad over her death, when I'm sure most of them didn't give a shit about her addictions when she was alive. I know many people refuse to go and get themselves help, and you really can't force someone into it, but I think it's better to show sympathy with doing everything you can to help her when she was alive during her tough times rather than only seeming to care now that's she's gone. Lindsay Lohan is going through similar issues, and it seems like most people find her situation funny or sad, but no one seems to reach out a hand to help her.

Of course I don't know what went on behind the scenes or anything, so just giving my two cents. Such a shame that such a young, talented person was lost at so young an age. RIP Amy.
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:52 PM   #72
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

They tried to make her go to rehab but she said No, no, no. RIP Amy.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:58 PM   #73
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Well, now that you are more grown up why haven't you rejected all the crap you were taught at Sunday School?

If anyone is not going to heaven, it is the teacher.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:00 PM   #74
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
They tried to make her go to rehab but she said No, no, no. RIP Amy.
Well, she was certainly upfront about where she was headed. I wonder what other messages are in her songs.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:42 PM   #75
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Well, she was certainly upfront about where she was headed. I wonder what other messages are in her songs.
I think she bloody well realized where she was heading, indeed...
Listening to her music right now. Damn, what a voice. Damn, what a WASTE!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote