Amy Winehouse dead. - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-24-2011, 09:36 PM   #46
country flag Yup

Yup has a reputation beyond reputeYup has a reputation beyond reputeYup has a reputation beyond reputeYup has a reputation beyond reputeYup has a reputation beyond reputeYup has a reputation beyond reputeYup has a reputation beyond reputeYup has a reputation beyond reputeYup has a reputation beyond reputeYup has a reputation beyond reputeYup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amy Winehouse dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timariot View Post
Well dang. Contrasted to recent events of scores of innocent people dying in horrible fashion, my sympathy for a celebrity death ranges somewhere between zero and zero.
Why did you even have to go down that route?

More people die every day in Somalia and various other countries in Africa. People in Iraq and other troubled countries are bombed and killed almost on a daily basis. They are as much as innocent as those massacred in Norway. Why do I not see you give a damn about them? Is it because it's European country? Or perhaps it's become daily news to hear of bombed trucks there-- "oh it's nothing, just the norm."?

If your post implies that the higher the number of deaths the more significant they are, then you are really contradicting yourself here.

Some people will be more sad for the loss of Winehouse because as a singer, she's more close to them through her music, than 100 strangers wounded/dead.

There's nothing wrong in mourning the death of Amy Winehouse along with the victims of Norway.

Learn to deal. Good day.
Yup is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2011, 09:40 PM   #47
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

RIP
Old 07-24-2011, 10:38 PM   #48
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedevil0289 View Post
well said. I didn't know her and was not a fan, but I feel pity more than omg well she deserved it, or something like that.

then again I get annoyed when people talk that same way about suicide.
suicide is the most selfish thing one can do. run away and leave a mess for others to clear.

club 27....started as a coincidence and now people want immortality by joining it. attention seeker: lady gaga next entrant?
Quote:
Pele was the black Rooney
Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
"We must always remember that all human beings begin life as a feces. A Feces is a living being in the eyes of God, who has endowed that feces with all of the rights and God-given blessings of any other human being."
Black Adam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:46 PM   #49
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adam View Post
suicide is the most selfish thing one can do. run away and leave a mess for others to clear.
If you'd like to keep on believing that, I truly hope you'll never ever get to deal with a friend of yours suffering a genuine depression.
Blessed are the ignorant. Indeed.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:11 AM   #50
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
If you'd like to keep on believing that, I truly hope you'll never ever get to deal with a friend of yours suffering a genuine depression.
Blessed are the ignorant. Indeed.
couldn't agree with this more.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:38 AM   #51
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is it any more messy than dying?
Old 07-25-2011, 01:15 AM   #52
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedevil0289 View Post
it is possible to care about both you know.
Or care about one but not the other?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:26 AM   #53
country flag Garson007

Garson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nobody, I mean nobody, should take their own life.
Garson007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:29 AM   #54
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garson007 View Post
Nobody, I mean nobody, should take their own life.
Its difficult to tell, how about those who suffered for ages with illness, lived with pain every day and those who can only lie on bed and do nothing, how can we blame them? The reason they chose to kill themselves may not be wanting to leave mess for others, but quite the opposite, they don't want to be burdens for others

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:39 AM   #55
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
Its difficult to tell, how about those who suffered for ages with illness, lived with pain every day and those who can only lie on bed and do nothing, how can we blame them? The reason they chose to kill themselves may not be wanting to leave mess for others, but quite the opposite, they don't want to be burdens for others

Mimi. You are a compassionate person.

Spend some time talking to people who have had suicide attempts that were foiled by the merest chance, and you may get some understanding about the pain that drove them to the desperate act.

Also why shouldn't elderly people and those who suffer from terminal disease get to decide when they want to die and die humanely and with dignity rather than suffering with bedsores and endless indignity and terrible pain?
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:06 AM   #56
country flag cezero
Banned!

cezero has a reputation beyond reputecezero has a reputation beyond reputecezero has a reputation beyond reputecezero has a reputation beyond reputecezero has a reputation beyond reputecezero has a reputation beyond reputecezero has a reputation beyond reputecezero has a reputation beyond reputecezero has a reputation beyond reputecezero has a reputation beyond reputecezero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
Ignorant people automatically assume that physical pain is worse than mental pain. You sound like a dilettante talking about this.

I truly hope, Mimi, that you never understand just how much mental pain somebody has to be in to truly consider taking his or her own life. I wouldn't wish that kind of existence on anybody any more than I would wish terminal physical illness on anybody.
cezero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:10 AM   #57
country flag cezero
Banned!

cezero has a reputation beyond reputecezero has a reputation beyond reputecezero has a reputation beyond reputecezero has a reputation beyond reputecezero has a reputation beyond reputecezero has a reputation beyond reputecezero has a reputation beyond reputecezero has a reputation beyond reputecezero has a reputation beyond reputecezero has a reputation beyond reputecezero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
you have no clue what you're talking about.

i really pity you.
cezero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:29 AM   #58
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cezero View Post
Ignorant people automatically assume that physical pain is worse than mental pain. You sound like a dilettante talking about this.

I truly hope, Mimi, that you never understand just how much mental pain somebody has to be in to truly consider taking his or her own life. I wouldn't wish that kind of existence on anybody any more than I would wish terminal physical illness on anybody.
i think you got me wrong, i mentioned about people having physical pain cannot be blamed for wanting to kill themselves, that does not mean I think physical pain is worst than mental pain, and that people with mental pain cannot be forgiven for wanting to kill themselves

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:30 AM   #59
country flag Mimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Mimi. You are a compassionate person.

Spend some time talking to people who have had suicide attempts that were foiled by the merest chance, and you may get some understanding about the pain that drove them to the desperate act.

Also why shouldn't elderly people and those who suffer from terminal disease get to decide when they want to die and die humanely and with dignity rather than suffering with bedsores and endless indignity and terrible pain?
I agreed with you, i also wanted to die with dignity and not on conditions that i cannot even go to toilets or take a shower

Old 07-25-2011, 08:47 AM   #60
country flag Harmless

Harmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't think that the concept of suicide should be there for people to judge, you can have your own opinion of it, but you can't talk for someone else or their actions unless you can directly influence it in some way.

I still find it hard to believe about Amy, I never stopped having hope for her. Such a brilliant singer, made me have faith in modern music again. I was just listening to BtB two weeks ago and wondering what the third album will be like.
One of her best live performances ever:

She was such a beautiful girl, too. RIP.
Harmless is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote