Amy Winehouse dead. - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-24-2011, 06:57 AM   #31
country flag the biscuit

the biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amy Winehouse dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timariot View Post
Well dang. Contrasted to recent events of scores of innocent people dying in horrible fashion, my sympathy for a celebrity death ranges somewhere between zero and zero.
Luckily there are moral knights like you around to tell us who we should and shouldn't mourn for.
the biscuit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2011, 08:42 AM   #32
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_clay View Post
yeah... she aged pretty hard in a year after that success... pumping dirty cash up the vein... teeth falling out and stuff...

reminds me of a fave alternative singer from the 90's layne staley, no teeth all gums, rotting away in his own faeces by the end... very similar distinctive singing style too despite the diff genres...
yes, his last year and how they found him, a very sad story indeed. I saw Alice in Chains twice in the 90s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manon View Post
I've tried to, she appeared, tried and failed. Such a shame, she was one of a kind soul/blues singer. Velvet voice.
were you at the recent Belgrade concert?
Old 07-24-2011, 08:50 AM   #33
country flag OddJob

OddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond repute

Shocked and so sad for her friends and family.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.
OddJob is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:04 AM   #34
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
She was something special.

The 27 club is fucking eerie...i felt the same way about Kurt Cobain. You could look in his eyes and see he was not meant for this world.

I woke up this Saturday morning to log into my yahoo email as i do daily and saw a picture of her in a body bag on a stretcher being wheeled into a ambulance...

i feel a lot of momentary grief since that moment today, but i hope it's only because there is that much (however big or small) a void of pain in the world.

...maybe that is co-dependent thinking but this is all i can hear; a pure voice with a question:

...yes.

Last edited by partygirl : 07-24-2011 at 09:09 AM.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:53 AM   #35
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well dang. Contrasted to recent events of scores of innocent people dying in horrible fashion, my sympathy for a celebrity death ranges somewhere between zero and zero.
Fuck off back to the hole you came out of.
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:55 AM   #36
country flag Okonsky
@Ryan's Hat

Okonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond reputeOkonsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post

were you at the recent Belgrade concert?
I've been there. Tragic, sad, funny....She couldn't sing the very first song.

Moby saved the day. From my good friend blog:

'A cynical person would probably say that Amy Winehouse was simply a disaster waiting to happen to our enthusiastic crowd, the whole set-up was calling for an unusual, badly-done performance through which she coupld pass out, get booed or break a bone. At the same time, it appears that nobody was paying attention to the multitalent that is Moby, scheduled to perform the same night, as well as three bands that are ex-Yugoslavia's own - Zemlja gruva (The Land of Groove), Elemental and Bei the Fish. All the eyes were on, as one of Zemlja gruva's singers said, "the queen".'
Old 07-24-2011, 11:20 AM   #37
Timariot

Timariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by the biscuit View Post
Luckily there are moral knights like you around to tell us who we should and shouldn't mourn for.
Really, this was a woman who made it big, had it all and blew it off in a binge of self-desctructiveness. When contrasted with dozens of innocent kids gunned down, it just doesn't come across as that tragic.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:53 AM   #38
country flag jmjhb

jmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond repute

Good marketing decision. She will be even more popular in death than she was in life.

Considering she had many opportunities to sort herself out, it's more her family I'm sorry for.

Singles rank: #110
Doubles rank: #31

Singles: W: Houston 2013, Montpellier 2014 F: Bucharest 2013, Kitzbühel 2012 SF: US Open 2011

Doubles (w/Goldenoldie): W: Le Gosier CH 2013 F AO 2014 SF: (w/Goldenoldie)

Other: W: WTC Dusseldorf 2012

Last edited by jmjhb : 07-24-2011 at 12:06 PM.
jmjhb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:34 PM   #39
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by the biscuit View Post
Actually, in the post you were so quick to criticise, Timariot made it clear he/she was speaking solely for Timariot. Maybe you misread it.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:44 PM   #40
country flag the biscuit

the biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond reputethe biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Actually, in the post you were so quick to criticise, Timariot made it clear he/she was speaking solely for Timariot. Maybe you misread it.

Right, I see, so what you are saying is that s/he isn't like the others all accross the internet who come into a thread about her death pointing out Oslo is a far worse tragedy (not denying it is btw).

I forgot MTF is full of special snowflakes.
the biscuit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:16 PM   #41
country flag Sofonda Cox
Banned!

Sofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Crawl back under the rock you've been hiding under, nasty prick.
Sofonda Cox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:18 PM   #42
country flag Sofonda Cox
Banned!

Sofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post

She was something special.
Fuck me Pumps was one of my favourites
Sofonda Cox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:19 PM   #43
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Tragic.

Everything that needs to be said here have already been said (along with a few other things that are better left unsaid, but hey, this is MTF).
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:38 PM   #44
country flag icedevil0289

icedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
She was an amazing singer, a genuine Lady of Soul. R.I.P.
Too bad her disease (yes folks, susceptibility to addiction is a mental DISEASE, so don't judge so easily on her lifestyle!) got her stuck in its nasty tentacles.

I regret never to have heard her sing live, even if it may well have been an embarrassing experience.
well said. I didn't know her and was not a fan, but I feel pity more than omg well she deserved it, or something like that.

then again I get annoyed when people talk that same way about suicide.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:39 PM   #45
country flag icedevil0289

icedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

it is possible to care about both you know.