Ukraine - Sergiy Stakhovsky - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-07-2005, 01:32 PM   #1
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ukraine - Sergiy Stakhovsky

Well, if the truth be known... I actually found him by mistake. I thought he was someone else...then I thought he was Philipp Kohlschrieber.

Here's an interview with him from Milan:
http://wm.atptennis-global.speedera....vsky_milan.wma

And some photos from the US Open last year (2004) where he lost the final to Andy Murray. He seems like a nice guy, and I hope he does well in the transition to the grown-ups tour.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MurrayStakhovsky3107.jpg (43.5 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Sergiy Stakhovsky3100.jpg (33.6 KB, 31 views)

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2005, 11:00 PM   #2
country flag Luvthief

Luvthief has a reputation beyond reputeLuvthief has a reputation beyond reputeLuvthief has a reputation beyond reputeLuvthief has a reputation beyond reputeLuvthief has a reputation beyond reputeLuvthief has a reputation beyond reputeLuvthief has a reputation beyond reputeLuvthief has a reputation beyond reputeLuvthief has a reputation beyond reputeLuvthief has a reputation beyond reputeLuvthief has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ukraine - Sergiy Stakhovsky

Yes, I would join you in your optimism.
Go Sergiy!
Luvthief is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 08:55 AM   #3
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

Sergiy in first round qualifying of Sydney(2006), versus Stefan Koubek.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stakhovsky01.jpg (136.4 KB, 22 views)
Old 03-01-2008, 03:13 AM   #4
country flag Nedved Rosicky

Nedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond repute

Sergiy in his first ATP final as a Lucky Loser, he will play Ljubicic.

“It’s like a dream,” said Stakhovsky, who will play in his first final, adding he will send a text message to Llodra to thank him for withdrawing.
Nedved Rosicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:04 AM   #5
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Amazing.

Quote:
Lucky loser Sergiy Stakhovsky, a 22-year-old from Ukraine, playing in his first career ATP singles final, defeated top seed and local favorite Ivan Ljubicic 7-5, 6-4 to win the PBZ Zagreb Indoors.

Stakhovsky, who came in ranked No. 209 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings, is the first lucky loser to win an ATP title since Argentine Christian Miniussi at Sao Paulo on Nov. 10, 1991 and the first player from Ukraine to win an ATP title since Andrei Medvedev won ATP Masters Series Hamburg in May 1997.

"I definitely surprised myself with my mental side that I could stand over to win the matches," said Stakhovsky. "It wasn't easy, to go when you serve for the match against against Karlovic, or Tipsarevic or any other player, in the far stages of the tournament such as the quarterfinals, semifinals or final. It's really not easy. I am just surprised the way I handled this."

In the final, Stakhovsky broke in the 11th game of the opening set and ninth game of the second set before serving out both sets. He converted two of five break points while saving the one break point he faced.

After losing in the last round of qualifying to Blaz Kavcic of Slovenia, Stakhovsky gained entry into the main draw when Michael Llodra withdrew. In the first round, Stakhovsky defeated No. 2 seed Ivo Karlovic, then No. 8 Janko Tipsarevic in the quarterfinals before beating top seed Ljubicic in the title match.

"For me it was easier because I was the lucky loser and under less pressure than he was because he was in front of the home crowd. But it was a really close match and it's hard to explain what happened. It was just a close match, and I was just a little bit more lucky, a couple of shots that actually decided the match and I am really happy to win this title."

Stakhovsky is the fifth lucky loser to win an ATP title (since 1978), joining Miniussi, Francisco Clavet (1990 Hilversum), Bill Scanlon (1978 Maui) and Heinz Gunthardt (1978 Springfield).

Ljubicic was appearing in his third straight Zagreb final, winning the title two years ago and reaching the final in 2007-08. It was the No. 1 Croat's 20th career ATP final (8-12).

"Sergiy played unbelieveable," said Ljubicic. "Since he lost in qualies, he played some fantanstic matches, (against) Karlovic, Tipsarevic, Bolelli and myself and he was just too good. I tried everything and didn't work and he won his first title and it's great for him but I am also happy with the finals. I am feeling good and hope my form is going to come back more consistently and now with the Masters Series coming up, the last two years I've played well there and hope to play well again."

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Old 03-16-2008, 07:29 PM   #6
country flag Jelena_78

Jelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond reputeJelena_78 has a reputation beyond repute

Sarajevo Challenger Main Draw:

Sergiy Stakhovsky UKR [1] vs. Jan Mertl CZE
Ivan Cerovic CRO vs. Mirza Basic BIH [WC]
Ilia Bozoljac SRB vs. Aldin Setkic BIH [WC]
Alexander Peya AUT [5] vs. Lukas Rosol CZE

Alexandre Kudryavtsev RUS [4] vs. Jan Vacek CZE
Karol Beck SVK vs. Matwe Middelkoop NED
Adrian Mannarino FRA vs. Karlis Lejnieks LAT [Q]
Gary Lugassy FRA [6] vs. Igor Zelenay SVK [Q]

Martin Slanar AUT [7] vs. Robert Raguz CRO [WC]
Marsel Ilhan TUR vs. Andis Juska LAT
Björn Rehnquist SWE vs. Frederik Nielsen DEN
Andreas Beck GER [3] vs. Martin Fischer AUT

Pavel Snobel CZE [8] vs. Johan Brunström SWE [Q]
Ivan Zovko CRO [WC] vs. Lars Uebel GER [Q]
Marko Tkalec SLO vs. Noam Okun ISR
Matthias Bachinger GER [2] vs. Daniel Brands GER
Jelena_78 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:07 PM   #7
country flag *esther*

*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute

I was so regretted not to take photo with him when he was playing in 2007 KL Challenger. DAMN regret!!
I saw him tonnes of times walked pass me side-by-side!
*esther* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:22 PM   #8
country flag Bella_Har

Bella_Har has a reputation beyond reputeBella_Har has a reputation beyond reputeBella_Har has a reputation beyond reputeBella_Har has a reputation beyond reputeBella_Har has a reputation beyond reputeBella_Har has a reputation beyond reputeBella_Har has a reputation beyond reputeBella_Har has a reputation beyond reputeBella_Har has a reputation beyond reputeBella_Har has a reputation beyond reputeBella_Har has a reputation beyond repute

Sergiy's photos

http://sapronov-tennis.org/rus/?p=gallery&player_id=176
Bella_Har is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:33 PM   #9
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

He gave an interview in Le Parisien today to talk about the corruption on the tour:
Quote:
Un joueur dénonce la corruption
SON NOM ne vous dira sans Sdoute rien. Serguei Stakhovsky (23 ans) est encore un joueur méconnu. Quart-de-finaliste du tournoi de Doha la semaine passée (battu par Murray), il s’est hissé au 83e rang mondial. Mais si personne n’a encore osé dénoncer la corruption dans le tennis, l’Ukrainien, lui, a choisi de briser la loi du silence. Il jette une lumière crue sur la face cachée de l’un des sports les plus populaires au monde.

- Avez-vous déjà été approché pour truquer un match ?
- Oui, plusieurs fois (silence). Je l’ai été dans des Challengers (des tournois de faible importance). Cela s’est passé en République tchèque et en Ukraine. Par des personnes étrangères au tournoi, j’en suis convaincu.

- Il y a longtemps ?
- L’année dernière et l’année d’avant. Au total trois fois.

- Comment vous ont-ils abordé ?
- Cela se passe ainsi : ils vous appellent. Ils ont votre numéro — on ne sait pas comment — et puis ils vous proposent de l’argent pour perdre votre match.

« Beaucoup de têtes d’affiche ont cédé à la tentation »
- Quelle a été votre réaction sur le coup ?
- Vous êtes tiraillé entre deux sentiments. Soit vous acceptez cette situation, soit vous refusez. Mais là, les remords vous dévorent. Imaginez : on vous propose 25 000 € cash pour perdre au premier tour d’un Challenger. C’est énorme, surtout quand vous savez que le gain pour une victoire dans le tournoi est de 6 000 €. Là, ils vous en donnent quatre fois plus. Moi, je me sentais mal. J’ai refusé évidemment. Mais quand vous commencez à perdre sur le court, vous vous dites : « Je suis vraiment bête. J’aurais pu gagner beaucoup d’argent sans rien faire. »

- Pourquoi avez-vous décidé de parler ?
- Je veux montrer à quel point la pratique de la corruption est fréquente dans les Challengers. Et que les petits joueurs comme nous n’avons pas d’autre choix que d’accepter le système pour survivre même si, moi, je n’ai jamais accepté.

- Qui est derrière tout ça ? La mafia ?
- Il ne faut pas se leurrer. Les joueurs peuvent se faire de l’argent facile grâce à ces gens. Si tous ces joueurs disaient : «On va arrêter ce cirque, on ne va plus truquer de matchs », ils s’en iraient très facilement. Mais ce n’est pas aussi simple. Ils font vivre pas mal de joueurs qui sont dans le besoin.

- Y a-t-il des têtes d’affiche qui ont cédé à la tentation ?
- Oui. Il y en a beaucoup. Je ne vais pas citer de noms. Mais pour eux, c’est de l’argent facile. Encore plus facile que de jouer un match. Pourquoi ne pas le faire alors ? De toute façon, c’est sans risque. Il faut vraiment être idiot pour se faire épingler.

« Ces mecs-là sont désespérés. Ils ne veulent pas finir prof de tennis »
- Combien sont-ils ?
- Dans les cent premiers, cela se limite à 10 ou 15 % des joueurs. Pas plus que ça. Ce sont toujours les mêmes qui reviennent. Combien de matchs chaque joueur peut-il laisser filer en une saison ? Pas tant que ça. Deux, grand maximum. Après, ça devient compliqué.

- Aucun joueur n’est en sécurité en somme ?
- Mais regardez comment fonctionnent les tournois. N’importe qui peut acheter son billet, rentrer dans l’enceinte et venir nous parler. On est des proies faciles.

- Alors pourquoi certains grands joueurs font la sourde oreille et affirment que tout cela est pure spéculation ?
- Ils vivent dans un autre monde. Je suis copain avec pas mal de joueurs russes. Ils sont conscients de ce qui se passe. Mais certains ne veulent pas ouvrir les yeux. Beaucoup de joueurs de l’élite se fichent complètement de nous. Ces mecs-là gagnent beaucoup d’argent. Ils amassent des fortunes. Evidemment, ils vont tous vous dire : « Le tennis est beau. »

- Est-ce si difficile de s’en sortir dans les Challengers ?
- Ces mecs-là sont désespérés. Ils n’ont pas un sou. Ils n’ont pas d’autre choix que d’accepter la corruption pour survivre. Ils veulent continuer leur carrière et ne pas finir comme prof de tennis dans un club à 27 ans. Pour eux, le fait d’accepter de l’argent est une manière de tenir le coup sur la durée, de rentrer dans leurs frais. Cela leur donne des raisons d’espérer.

- Comment endiguer ce phénomène ?
- L’ATP (l’association des joueurs) devrait d’abord mieux répartir les sommes pour que tout le monde s’y retrouve. Ensuite, elle doit adopter une tout autre approche. Au lieu de s’en prendre aux tricheurs, il vaudrait mieux s’attaquer aux corrupteurs. Prendre le mal à la racine.
Propos recueillis par Jérôme Jurion et Araz Gulekjian
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:06 PM   #10
country flag valexie03

valexie03 has a reputation beyond reputevalexie03 has a reputation beyond reputevalexie03 has a reputation beyond reputevalexie03 has a reputation beyond reputevalexie03 has a reputation beyond reputevalexie03 has a reputation beyond reputevalexie03 has a reputation beyond reputevalexie03 has a reputation beyond reputevalexie03 has a reputation beyond reputevalexie03 has a reputation beyond reputevalexie03 has a reputation beyond repute

Quite frank I hope someone from the ATP will read this interview, although I doubt they'll do something about it
Old 10-20-2009, 12:36 PM   #11
country flag Junkyard Racket

Junkyard Racket has a reputation beyond reputeJunkyard Racket has a reputation beyond reputeJunkyard Racket has a reputation beyond reputeJunkyard Racket has a reputation beyond reputeJunkyard Racket has a reputation beyond reputeJunkyard Racket has a reputation beyond reputeJunkyard Racket has a reputation beyond reputeJunkyard Racket has a reputation beyond reputeJunkyard Racket has a reputation beyond reputeJunkyard Racket has a reputation beyond reputeJunkyard Racket has a reputation beyond repute

In Moscow, Sergiy got an easy win today over the Russian teen Mikhail Biryukov. Stakhovsky should be able to do some damage on an indoor hardcourt like the one in Moscow.
Junkyard Racket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 05:00 AM   #12
country flag Minorellen

Minorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sergiy Stakhovsky: maybe, this title isn’t the last in this season?

It is always nice to communicate with Stakhovsky. Sergiy always analyzes his matches with a lot of pleasure and it doesn’t depend on result. Today’s match was not only victorious, it was also instructive.

When a hopeless struggle turns into a battle with an unknown finish… Prescription of the winner is priceless for other potential champions. Sergiy talked about it to sapronov-tennis.org portal. Stakhovsky has a logo of the portal on his shoulder.

Sergiy, let’s remember the key moments of the match. What happened to you then? What did you think about?

- There were different episodes. On the set-break I tried to collect myself to find the ways to struggle. I knew that it wasn’t Federer on the other side of the court and I will surely have a chance.

- Do you think Horacio played so good in the first set that you had no chances?

- He played brilliantly not only during the first set. He played at a high level during the whole match. I had to find the way to compete. And I did it. I thought it would become better for me to play. However it became even worse. But it was completely another game.

- A game which standstilled in the tenth game of the third set?

- What can I say… At that point it seemed to me that I was empty. This week is the second in a row, where I played nearly without a rest. At the decisive point I was exhausted. I gave my serve to the opponent. And I thought the match was nearly over. I cannot estimate the price of the fact I was able to collect myself again. It was like an extra-effort, super-concentration, which helped me to win eventually.

- Can you compare two finals in Zagreb and here in St. Petersburg?

- I would say these two matches were completely different. It’s great they finished in the same way. However it was much easier to play in Zagreb, because I did everything successfully. And it was very tough for me to overcome obstacles here. Spectators? Obviously, there weren’t too much of them. However, in Zagreb there were fewer spectators I guess. Honestly, I wasn’t too disappointed with an empty stands. I didn’t pay attention on that. But in Zagreb spectators were much louder.

- What's next, rest?

- A short one. The next week is in Paris. Why shouldn’t I try? Maybe this title isn’t the last in this season? (laughs)

- Before this week nearly all Ukrainian ATP players have won a title at Challengers and only the leader of the National Team Sergiy Stakhovsky was without a title in 2009…

- So let this title be added to the great achievements of our players in this year! I’m very happy for our players! I’m always happy, when they win. I would like all these wins to help other players, who are following us. I would like everybody to know that we have talented young players, who are able to win and are full of desire to be successful! We should help them and not reproach them for their failures on a hard way. Not everyone is able to come through the press of disbelief. Belief in yourself is a great part of the win.

- And the last question. When are you going to Ukraine?

- I think soon. I will be in Kiev soon. And than possibly I will visit Kharkiv. Alona Bondarenko organizes master-class with the invitation of Yuriy Sapronov. I think it would be great for Sergiy Stakhovsky to do the same thing! I’m grateful for everybody who supports me and I want to be grateful not only with the words, but also with the deal. Best regards to all Ukrainian supporters. I’m sure our biggest wins are in the future! It is vitally important for us not to be disturbed…
http://sapronov-tennis.org/?p=press&...terview&id=845
Minorellen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:43 PM   #13
country flag Bashak

Bashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond repute

Stakhovsky is somehow injured in his qualy match against Clement and retired. There are pics of him in a wheelchair

Suicide Tennis Winner: Doha 2010, Basel 2009 FITD Winner: Auckland 2012, Nice 2010, London WTF 2009, Tokyo 2009, Roland Garros 2009, Paris 2008, Basel 2008 TT Finalist: Nottingham 2009, Savannah 2009, Marrakech 2011. TT Doubles Winner: Sarasota 2011 (w/ coasterman9 TT Doubles Finalist: Bergamo 2011 (w/ leoneo), Fergana 2009 (w/ catatonia) DTT Doubles Winner: Miami 2011 (w/Abollo)
Bashak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:28 AM   #14
country flag Minorellen

Minorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond repute

Old 11-26-2009, 07:34 AM   #15
country flag Minorellen

Master-class pix http://sapronov-tennis.org/?p=galler...&page=1&id=126

Interview
Quote:
Sergiy Stakhovsky: atmosphere was fantastic!

Master-class for young tennis players at the ‘Sport&Court’ Center passed smoothly. It was so interesting and full of content. After two press-conferences for young players and for journalists Sergiy gave an interview for sapronov-tennis.org.

- Sergiy, share your emotions after the master-class in Kharkiv. By the way, has it been your first master-class ever?
- My impressions are positive. Actually, I’m for the first time in Kharkiv and I hope I’ll have time to see the city… this master-class was the first I held. A long time ago I and Orest Tereshchuk gave some classes to the young tennis players in Zaporozhye but it definitely was not a master-class itself as there were less than ten children and no officials and media. Nowadays in Kharkiv it was completely different – two big player teams who managed to make me almost “dead” (laughing). The atmosphere was great, I enjoyed it. I hope that children liked it too.

Did you notice among young players anyone with outstanding game, technical skills? Are there any perspective players?
- Everyone tries to demonstrate the best skills so every child attracts attention. Of course, someone can show the best conditions at the moment but it doesn’t really matter during the master-class. When I started my career I hadn’t possibility to match with the TOP-players but to have it means a lot. Conducting a class I just want to help them, to show that hard-working let your dreams come true. Impossible is nothing.
- What is the most vivid tennis memory from your childhood? What is it hard to forget: first serves, first tournaments or the first victory?
- I have a lot of memories (laughing). For example, about my first tournament among the first formers. Then I attended the second class but was seven years old. So I was eligible to participate. I and my mother went to the upper courts of the Republic Stadium and I asked her to say that I attended the first class. But eventually, it became clear that I attended the second and I was not allowed to participate. I was very disappointed and cried on the way home. So this was my first tournament. Another vivid memory is when I was a ball-boy on the Kyiv Open tournament. I was happy to be near a real tennis stars.
- Now you are an idol for young players. Who was the first professional you started to communicate with when you became a high-level player? How did you meet Andrej Medvedev to start with?
- Many years ago, I don’t remember for sure when, I started to look for a coach in Kyiv and Medvedev offered to work with Andriy Rybalko. We met and played with Medvedev at the Meridian Center. It was the first and the latest meeting with him. No cooperation followed.
- With who did you contacted when you moved to Slovakia?
- With Thomas Berdyh. I’m still in touch with him. We were the same age, played in Prostejov, met for dinners and spent a lot of time together. Also I have a relationship with Irdzi Novak. He has already finished his career but that time he was in TOP-5. I was amazed how open, modesty and ordinary he was. There was no “star” disease or distance between him and others though he was a great player. He easily could take a taxi if he somehow was not met at the airport by tournament representatives.
- Tell us about the next season start.
- As usual I’m going to play in Doha, then in Australia. I’m not going to play in Sydney but if somebody withdraws in Kuyong, I’ll play there. I want to show my best at the Australian Slam.
- What is your forecast for final tournament in London?
- I’ve seen Djokovic vs Davydenko and I really don’t know what to say… My forecast – Davydenko, Murray, Djokovic and Federer go to the semis. Next it depends on the draw. Now it’s rather hard to predict but I’ll give my priority to Djokovic as he plays fantastic. Whether he can keep his conditions, it depends on him but he is confident, ready. He has won two titles recently so he can be a bit tired but still he is my favorite.
- Thank you, Sergiy, good luck!

Andrew Romanyuk, sapronov-tennis.org
http://sapronov-tennis.org/?p=press&...terview&id=872