Richard's Time In The Heat- Summer Season 2011 - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-19-2011, 05:25 PM   #196
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Richard's Time In The Heat- Summer Season 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
Knowing how much he loves the U.S. wouldn't be surprised if he went back to Paris Bet he goes to South Florida to train with Seb at home for a few days before going to NYC.

Anyone see Richard wacthing the Simon-Ferrer match yesterday? Hope the Simon pusher strategy doesn't rub off on Richard. It works very well for the human backboard but don't get any ideas Richard. BUT it wouldn't hurt if a little of Ferrer's tenacity rubbed off on Richie.

Work hard this week Richie and we look forward to seeing more of that aggression you say you know you need to display on the court.
Hopefully he does indeed go to Florida and work with Seb or maybe go to New York now and practice.

Yes, work hard Richard and bring your attacking tennis to the US Open!

[M.Safin] [T.Henman] [G.Rusedski] [A.Roddick]

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
ImmzB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2011, 06:45 PM   #197
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
Knowing how much he loves the U.S. wouldn't be surprised if he went back to Paris Bet he goes to South Florida to train with Seb at home for a few days before going to NYC.
I don't think he goes back to Paris, much more likely to be in New York early. New York is the place in the US about which he speaks fondly. But on a personal note, I will go to Paris tomorrow and then onwards to the South for my vacation.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:28 AM   #198
country flag case

case has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
... I will go to Paris tomorrow and then onwards to the South for my vacation.

dang i am so jealous
lol! i guess you dont want to hear about my trip to carlsbad caverns!!-
that bat guano and all
case is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:51 AM   #199
country flag teem

teem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond repute

I will go to Paris tomorrow and then onwards to the South for my vacation. [/quote]

the weather is very warm in paris and in the south since one week. Do you go to marseille ?
have good vacation Kezzy !
teem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:46 AM   #200
country flag Blackbriar
Banned!

Blackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond repute

I found his US tourny very disappointing. 4 wins 2 loss to top 10 players, but clearly in his range.
I have not seen some of the magic he showed at IW and KB. In Miami he lost to Fish too, but he broke once and was leading at one point. In IW he beat Roddick and made a decent match against Djokovic.
this past weeks i have seen the former self of Richard, far behind the baseline, waiting for errors, rarely stepping up in the court. I don't see him cracking the top 10 now, he has not the level to. he will be top 10-15 til he found the guts to win matches against better players. 4th round would a great result at FM but i'm not sure he can do it again
Blackbriar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:40 PM   #201
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbriar View Post
I have not seen some of the magic he showed at IW and KB. In Miami he lost to Fish too, but he broke once and was leading at one point. In IW he beat Roddick and made a decent match against Djokovic.
this past weeks i have seen the former self of Richard, far behind the baseline, waiting for errors, rarely stepping up in the court. I don't see him cracking the top 10 now, he has not the level to.
Afraid I have to agree with you. I haven't seen the "magic" Richard since Roland Garros. Even at Wimbledon I kept waiting for him to catch fire and although he won matches, the "magic"/spark was just not there.

I ran across a clip of the Richard/Roddick match at IW and I couldn't believe what I saw . Richard was hitting MANY balls from on or just behind the baseline - I'd forgotten how he actually could do that.

HE knows what he has to do but "easier said than done". At some point he might just say WTF and COMMIT to the only style that could eventually get him to the Top 10. Hope that happens at the USO
Schu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:30 PM   #202
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

I think at the beginning of the year, he had nothing to lose. Now, he's so close to the top 10 and the pressure is showing in his play
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:06 PM   #203
country flag Blackbriar
Banned!

Blackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond repute

It's terrible, because when he starts to play his play his best level even Djokovic breaks his racket, because he's almost invincible, but he cant hold that level for more than 3-4 games. I think he can challenge Nadal by now, but the 3 others are way above him. I see this USO as the last chance to do something big this year, since WTF is lost unless Black Plague hits half of the top 10...
Blackbriar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:35 PM   #204
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently, there's some uncertainty because Roddick is in the bottom half
Old 08-25-2011, 05:36 PM   #205
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute

Youzhny vs Nadal- R4 so Richard is in Djokovic's quarter. I think it's Gasquet vs Dolgopolov- R3

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 08-25-2011, 06:02 PM   #206
country flag silverwhite

Djokovic 4R indeed. Serves him right for not playing better in the Masters tourneys
Old 08-25-2011, 06:21 PM   #207
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute

R4 is jumping the gun - got to win the first 3 matches first. Haven't see the draw but there are always dangerous floaters,especailly when we are talkign about Richard.

BTW folks - there is a good chance that play will not start on MOnday at the USO. there is a hurricane forecast to go up the East COast of the US getting to NYC early Monday morning. Right now the forecast is for a fairly strong storm hitting close to NYC. Hurricanes are unpredictible but this one is pretty big with a large wind field so it is likely NYC will be affected in some way - could be a lot (as in power knocked out for a few days and significant wind damage) or mild as in just some rain and wind gusts depending on the exact tract and timing.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:36 PM   #208
country flag silverwhite

What I meant was that he will not be getting past the 4R, which means that he won't gain any points
Old 08-25-2011, 07:30 PM   #209
country flag ImmzB

Stakhovsky R1 and if he wins that Karlovic/F.Gonzalez in R2.

Tough opening match against Stakhovsky.

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 08-25-2011, 08:45 PM   #210
country flag Schu

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite View Post
What I meant was that he will not be getting past the 4R, which means that he won't gain any points
Got ya - what I meant was he'll be lucky not to LOOSE points.

EDIT: Wow my comment above sounds really snide and negative - guess what I meant to say is since I haven't seen any "magic" from Richard since basically Rome, I am a bit skeptical he'll be able to step it up on the Grand Slam stage. And once again hope I have to eat my words...

BTW: If Stakhovsky wins today in Winston-Salem, he might not be able to get to NYC Many airlines are cancelling flights around NYC/Washington,DC/Boston, beginning sometime Friday or Friday night etc. and could last several days as precaution for approaching hurricane. I shouldn't be joking about this, having gone through MANY hurricanes, the preparation/precautions are a real pain, necessary but a pain. HOpe Hurricane Irene does the unpredictable (as they often do) and turns off into the Atlantic missing the major population areas.

Last edited by Schu : 08-25-2011 at 10:58 PM.