John Lennon or Paul McCartney - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who is the better "Beatle"

John Lennon 15 62.50%
Paul McCartney 9 37.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2011, 07:41 AM   #46
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: John Lennon or Paul McCartney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manon View Post
Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
Inspired by a painting by his almost four-year-old son Julian, who gave his work of art the same title, 'Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds'
Sorry but this is a BS story told to the media about how the song came about . Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds stands for LSD.

As for the actual topic, I don't really have an opinion on which one is "better", if anyone can indeed compare musicality on such a scale, but from what my Beatles-freak brother has told me I've gotten the impression that Lennon was a bit of an a-hole. If that's the case, McCartney gets my vote .
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2011, 08:48 AM   #47
country flag ssin

ssin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond repute

In terms of music vision, concept, spirit, ideas, Lennon >>>>>>>>>>>>>> McCartney.
As a composer, Lennon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> McCartney

Measuring their pure musical talents for performing, they are roughly the same. Both John and Paul are great and unique performers.

As a businessman, the British-like "man of property", McCartney >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lennon

Lennon was naturally more intelligent, but also more naive. Both men were a bit cynical and prone to esoteric stuff, that was one of ingredients for their joint success in the Beatles.
ssin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:17 PM   #48
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -calimero- View Post
The part Lennon wrote is what made the song such a great one...

What ??? McCartney gave it a structure that paved the way for all the great prog rock bands of the 70's. Without him, that song would have been a mere psychedelic song like there had been hundreds before its release.

Quote:
Lennon's post Beatles career was much better. What can you saw about "Stand By Me", "Jealous Guy", "Instant Karma", "Watching The Wheels"
Jealous Guy is the one I really like.

Instant Kharma is OK.

Stand By Me, Allpro said it all.

I don't know the other one.

But none compare to Band on the Run by the Wings. A song that has a structure in it. Again, it sounds like prog.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote