Your Earliest Gaston memories and what made you a fan? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-24-2004, 02:20 AM   #31
country flag Adri

Adri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your Earliest Gaston memories and what made you a fan?

I'm a very recent tennis fan; I started following it [in general] last year. 1st time I heard some commentator say his name, I thought he [Gastón] was French. Don't ask me .

I don't remember exactly when I first saw him play, but it was at the very beginning of this season... all commentators were talking about him and all his problems regarding his choking and all [as you know, he was having a bad season since the DC tie at Malaga]. But when I first saw a full match was in TMS Monte Carlo... from then on I got hooked by his game and by his personality and I wanted him to get better so bad! I'm glad he did, reaching the finals in Barcelona, and we all know what happened next.

So that's my story

| Barcelona 2002 | Mallorca 2002 |
| ROLAND GARROS 2004 |
| Viña del Mar 2005 | Buenos Aires 2005 |
| Estoril 2005 | GSTAAD 2005 |

Venezuela

My LJ --- My Space
Adri is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2004, 11:40 AM   #32
country flag tommy_girl

tommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond repute

actually my earliest gaston memory is *i hope i wont offend anyone* when i saw him on a tennis magazine and i thought 'this guy looks like ricky martin'..

nwei, what made me a fan is.. i like one handed backhands.. and the way gaston does it, its very graceful.. some kinda like artful for me.. and i also like him for his humility.. i think it was in 2002 that i started noticing him.. well thats basically when i started following tennis closely.

Life is like the surf, so give yourself away like the sea.
- y tu mama tambien
tommy_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 01:13 PM   #33
country flag Marc Rosset is Tall

Marc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy_girl
actually my earliest gaston memory is *i hope i wont offend anyone* when i saw him on a tennis magazine and i thought 'this guy looks like ricky martin'..
Usch, you know I should have you banned for that comment.

The Gaudio love began in 2000 as well and the time he played Safin off the court in Monte Carlo and I was very impressed with his shotmaking capabilities then. Marat was going a bit mad, but Gaudio's backhand was great to see and he used it very well.

Then I decided to follow his results and then I have managed to see him live a few times, some of the time it was good, but at time painful. I mean when you see him dominating and seeing the finish line right there, then all of a sudden something happens and he played like a bad player, it hurt, but that's the thing with him, it's very natural and that's the thing I really like about him.
Marc Rosset is Tall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 06:49 PM   #34
country flag tommy_girl

tommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond reputetommy_girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Rosset is Tall
Usch, you know I should have you banned for that comment.
yea iknow... sorry bout that.. well i dont think so anymore..

Life is like the surf, so give yourself away like the sea.
- y tu mama tambien
tommy_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 09:25 AM   #35
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Bump for some new people who haven' t seen or contributed to this thread yet.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 02:49 PM   #36
country flag sonatinca

sonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond repute

Today I'm in such great mood coz of Gaston's win yesterday, so I thought it would be great to tell you my story
So everything started from... el Mago
Actually I'm interested in tennis just since last year. All my life I was a fan of figure skating, but few years ago I met a girl who's also fan of tennis, so somehow she put my attention to this sport (though I tryed to folow russian tennis players cariers, but knew nothing about everyone else).
So it was may - the end of figure skating season, and she advised me to watch RG. I read tennis rules and started watching, but our tv broadcasted mostly Marat and someone else... so before final I knew nothing about both finalists except the fact my friend was a fan of Coria, so I decided to watch the final to support her fave...
But that sunday we had a party in honor of my mum's bd. So there were a lot of guests and it was very hard to watch tv. But befor the begining I wasn't very sorry about it, cos I didnt care much about results. But first time I saw Gaston... he just took my breath away
I know it's not a measure of tennis talant, but that moment I thought I never saw someone more handsome then him. So I forgot about my friend preferences and my mum's party and started cheering for Gaston.
Though the score wasnt good for him I liked his style of playing much! I dont know what it was, mayby some kind of softness and grace or i dont know, but I couldn take my eyes from the screen and was very upset by his loosing
And here I should say about one of my mum friends. That lady is a teacher of english languadge. She is very stiff, boring and also she hates tv. So she decided to save everyone from such disturbance as tv, though she didnt even noticed that I was watching it with big interest.
So first time when she just turn off tv without even asking a permission, I was so shocked that didnt tell her anything. just turn it on and continued cheering for boy with a cat name (that time i was trying to start learning spanish, so I shortened his name till the word I knew very good, cos I have a cat at home).
But when that lady came back she found tv turned on again and tryed to repeat her terrorist trick. But this time I was armed with remote-control, so she couldnt do anything. Then she changed her taktic, every time I was going away to the kitchen to help my mum, she turned odious think off, but I was comming back and tennis was on again. So I was watching it in very strange conditions like lighthouse - on off on off...
But my suffering was rewarded with interest by stunning win of Gaston !!!
And I lost my concentration, so at the moment Gaston began his speech on spanish to his Mum and Dad, I just started crying with him and that very moment that terrible lady steal remote and turn off the tv, so it looked like I started hysterics coz someone turn off the tv)))))))))))
Everybody was shocked!
But I didnt even notised that, i watched prize ceremony till the end and ran away to write email to my friend about wonderfull tennis player I discover
But in the evening my mum told me that lady-termonator was condemned by all the guests and was sitting till the end of the evening red of shame and anger)))) And nobody even knew it was tears of happiness, not sadness
So now I bought my own tv, but that lady still oppresses our big tv every time she visits us, cos "it prevents her from normal conversation"
Since then I got much more interested in tennis, visited some live events, got a lot of tennis friends and still cheer for a boy with a cat name, coz he's not only very handsome man, but extremally talanted tennis player and very worthy man

Hope nobody will kill me for wasting so much space for my remembrance

PS: Forgot to write, after last year my friend is not Coria fan any more cos of some stuff you know...

December 1-3, 2006 Moscow - A fairy tale I'll never forget

~*~Also the Proud Member of Mohamed Lahyani Appreciation Society~*~

¡SOY UN PUMA!

Dream as if you have forever. Live as if you only have today. - James Dean

Last edited by sonatinca : 08-01-2005 at 02:55 PM.
sonatinca is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 08:50 PM   #37
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonatinca
Today I'm in such great mood coz of Gaston's win yesterday, so I thought it would be great to tell you my story...
Sonatinca, you get the prize for the best story of all, and the best told!
My story is unusual: I started following the Argentine Davis Cup team, and there was this boy who always won all his matches, and it was a joy to watch him celebrating! You couln't help being happy with him! And I realized that he was so like my son who was growing up, not only in looks but also that luminous smile, the eternal hat or knitted cap on his head, the way he talked, everything! Then I started to read interviews and got to know him as a person, and I began to love him like another son. He doesn't know he has an adoptive mum in the uttermost reaches of Patagonia!
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 10:00 PM   #38
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale
He doesn't know he has an adoptive mum in the uttermost reaches of Patagonia!
He'd love to know about it, I'm sure. The next of us to meet him should tell him about you, adoptive mum!
Old 08-01-2005, 10:12 PM   #39
country flag LOVELY

LOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond repute

Well the first time I 've seen Gaston was not on a tennis court or on tv but on a sidewalk in Paris!It was about 5 or 6 years ago during a rainy day.I was with two friends of mine and we stopped near a kind of porch to protect us because of the rain and there was that guy also waiting for the rain to stop.My friend told us she thought he was a tennis player but was not sure so she asked him his name!!!!And he told us his name but he was very very shy....so sweet...then later we watched one of his match and he got that amazing backhand and since then I became one of his biggest fan!!!I usually meet him in restaurants in Paris but never talked to him cause I don't want to bother him.Now each time I see him on tv it's like I see a friend of mine

http://nico-massu.over-blog.com/

Nico Massu

Follow through,Make your dreams come true,Don't give up the fight,You will be allright,Cause there's no one like you in the universe (Muse)
LOVELY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 06:50 AM   #40
country flag sonatinca

sonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond reputesonatinca has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sonatinca, you get the prize for the best story of all, and the best told!
Thanx a lot!!! But all the stories are so good!
Quote:
He doesn't know he has an adoptive mum in the uttermost reaches of Patagonia!
Maybe he doesnt know it, but he definitely feels you love

¡SOY UN PUMA!

Old 08-02-2005, 06:56 AM   #41
country flag sonatinca

Lovely What a wonderful story! Just to meen Gaston on the street

¡SOY UN PUMA!

Old 08-02-2005, 01:34 PM   #42
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

Choupi, Sonatinca, thank you! I DO believe in the force of love, and that those waves of goodwill can make a difference. When Gastón plays I concentrate very hard and send him my strongest wishes, as I'm sure you all do, and that's powerful stuff!
Lovely, a lovely story!
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 11:04 PM   #43
country flag LOVELY

LOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond repute

I know my story is quite unusual too!!! It's not an easy job to be a fan of Gaston!you must have strong nerves with all these ups and downs during his matches! but I love it!!! I try see his matches live during the french tournaments.I want to be here to cheer him.I remember once in the Masters in Paris,I think it was in 2002 but not sure,there was a match on the central court between Arnaud Clément and someone I don't remember.There was like 15000 people watching the match ,it was really crowded because people wanted to watch Clément.At the same time,on a smaller court,ther was a match between Gaston and Sanguinetti(not sure about sanguinetti actually...).anyway,we were about 20 people watching that match my friends didn't understand why I missed the great match of Clément just to watch Gaston!!!

http://nico-massu.over-blog.com/

Nico Massu

Follow through,Make your dreams come true,Don't give up the fight,You will be allright,Cause there's no one like you in the universe (Muse)
LOVELY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 11:26 PM   #44
country flag Lala186

Lala186 has a reputation beyond reputeLala186 has a reputation beyond reputeLala186 has a reputation beyond reputeLala186 has a reputation beyond reputeLala186 has a reputation beyond reputeLala186 has a reputation beyond reputeLala186 has a reputation beyond reputeLala186 has a reputation beyond reputeLala186 has a reputation beyond reputeLala186 has a reputation beyond reputeLala186 has a reputation beyond repute

BECUASE HE HAS THE BEST BACKHAND AND LIKE ALL ARGENTINIAN MEN HE IS SO HANDSOME
Lala186 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 10:43 PM   #45
country flag +alonso

+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all I'm not the best fan of gaston here but i really like him i think was when he won RG .. was soo exciting... i still remeber the match .. actually i love all the exciting moment and the emotional too....
before that i heard about gastón a couple of times you know .. i always see the argentinian sports news coz they have a very good sport channels not like chile who hasn't
i love his powerful backhand

well nice to meet you all and i will try to post here more often here.. seems to be a really nice place