Grigor on the American hardcourts. - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-11-2011, 11:49 PM   #16
country flag OddJob

OddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grigor on the American hardcourts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larzm View Post
Right! But just because there is no reason why he can't do well that doesn't mean he will do well ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
from now on im just going to go and expect nothing and if he actually does do something then ill be pleasantly surprised.
You two must be a hoot at parties. Cheer up have a little faith his career is just starting. If you can't support Grigor during his bad times then you're not a fan.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.
OddJob is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2011, 12:10 AM   #17
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

its not like im not supporting him

im just disappointed, that early loss at newport really was hard to take
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:00 AM   #18
country flag larzm

larzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond repute

same for me. I'm def. supporting him. that doesn't mean I'm loosing my objectivness ;-) he is just very "shaky" and so I don't expect deeep runs anymore just because the draws seem to be easy.

This has nothing to do with support or not support ;-)
larzm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:54 AM   #19
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

you are allowed to support someone without being endlessly positive about it

maybe the reason there isnt to much positive being said in here or anywhere about him is because theres almost nothing good happening with him
Old 07-12-2011, 01:53 PM   #20
country flag Silver.

Silver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond repute

It's like your ignoring all the good stuff though he didn't get to 60 in the world by only doing bad things. Look at the bigger picture, he is only just 20. I don't think I've ever seen you post something positive, misty. But everyones different, some people are pessimistic so they suffer less disappointment. There is a balance to everything though. There will be good times ahead, that's almost a guarantee, his career is just starting

Thanks for the memories... Andy Roddick.
Silver. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:11 PM   #21
country flag OddJob

OddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
you are allowed to support someone without being endlessly positive about it

maybe the reason there isnt to much positive being said in here or anywhere about him is because theres almost nothing good happening with him
Quote:
Originally Posted by larzm View Post
same for me. I'm def. supporting him. that doesn't mean I'm loosing my objectivness ;-) he is just very "shaky" and so I don't expect deeep runs anymore just because the draws seem to be easy.

This has nothing to do with support or not support ;-)

misty1 and larzm you're right as a fan you don't need to be ignorantly optimistic but you two and others in this forum just come off as negative without any upside. I don't think he's going to tear through the USO series and win title after title. What I hope for is good deep runs. I don't see that as being endlessly positive or loosing my objectiveness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver. View Post
It's like your ignoring all the good stuff though he didn't get to 60 in the world by only doing bad things. Look at the bigger picture, he is only just 20. I don't think I've ever seen you post something positive, misty. But everyones different, some people are pessimistic so they suffer less disappointment. There is a balance to everything though. There will be good times ahead, that's almost a guarantee, his career is just starting
Exactly!
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:14 PM   #22
country flag misty1
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver. View Post
i have posted positive stuff..just as recently as the match against jo so i dont know what your talking about or you just dont come in here often enough
Old 07-12-2011, 04:15 PM   #23
country flag misty1
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddJob View Post
misty1 and larzm you're right as a fan you don't need to be ignorantly optimistic but you two and others in this forum just come off as negative without any upside. I don't think he's going to tear through the USO series and win title after title. What I hope for is good deep runs. I don't see that as being endlessly positive or loosing my objectiveness.

Exactly!
i hope for the same thing. I dont expect him to win and i'd like to see a deep run or 2 but i dont expect it

that way if he does go deep i can be pleasantly surprised
Old 07-13-2011, 07:53 AM   #24
country flag larzm

larzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond repute

I fear we just misunderstood a bit ;-)

as a fan I also hope for deep runs but I just got a bit cautious after a lot of ups and downs. So I don't expect too much ;-)

and I also wrote positiv things. I'm not that negative about him actually...

so everything is fine! ;-D
Old 07-13-2011, 11:04 AM   #25
country flag Silver.

Silver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i have posted positive stuff..just as recently as the match against jo so i dont know what your talking about or you just dont come in here often enough
Must be the latter apologies

Thanks for the memories... Andy Roddick.
Silver. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:46 PM   #26
country flag misty1
Banned!

its okay

i do admit that i have probably said some of the harshest stuff about him in here but im the kind of person that needs to vent my frustrations
Old 07-13-2011, 11:28 PM   #27
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
its okay

i do admit that i have probably said some of the harshest stuff about him in here but im the kind of person that needs to vent my frustrations
Do you know LawranceOfTennis here? He is similar like you.

Well this is a forum, you can write here what you want but we have to know you for understanding your standpoint. I always say all depend of time.

Probably I'm one of the most optimistic poster, who can't criticize for favourites, everybody is different.

Grisho has a hard schedule anyway, he will play almost all week... Good luck, party starts on next week!!
Old 07-14-2011, 04:49 AM   #28
country flag kr1s71an

kr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonja1989 View Post
Grisho has a hard schedule anyway, he will play almost all week... Good luck, party starts on next week!!
NOT Almost! He will play every week until US Open. Here is his shedule:

18.07 - Atlanta, USA - ATP 250
25.07 - Los Angeles, USA - ATP 250
01.08 - Washington, USA - ATP 500
08.08 - Montreal, Canada - ATP Masters
15.08 - Cincinnati, USA - ATP Masters
22.08 - Winston Salem, USA - ATP 250
29.08 - US OPEN

Singles: [Rank: #24, Highest: #20]
2014: W: Indian Wells Masters
2012: W: Rio De Janeiro CH

Doubles: [Rank: #102, Highest: #45], Partnering with YEBRA
2014: W: Bucharest
2013: W: Chennai, Delray Beach, Tunis CH
2012: W: Dallas CH, St. Remy CH, Rio De Janeiro CH, Geneva CH
2011: W: Atlanta
kr1s71an is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:47 AM   #29
country flag larzm

As he'll most probably not make a deep run in every tournament (but hopefully at least in some of them) this won't be a problem. For the Masters he must play qualie, doesn't he?
Old 07-14-2011, 07:45 AM   #30
country flag OddJob

That's a whole lot of tennis.