Murdoch closes The News of the World - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-11-2011, 07:06 PM   #46
country flag Melly Flew Us

Melly Flew Us has a reputation beyond reputeMelly Flew Us has a reputation beyond reputeMelly Flew Us has a reputation beyond reputeMelly Flew Us has a reputation beyond reputeMelly Flew Us has a reputation beyond reputeMelly Flew Us has a reputation beyond reputeMelly Flew Us has a reputation beyond reputeMelly Flew Us has a reputation beyond reputeMelly Flew Us has a reputation beyond reputeMelly Flew Us has a reputation beyond reputeMelly Flew Us has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murdoch closes The News of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post

I don't know how closely the rest of the world has followed the NOTW phone hacking scandal, but it has resulted in the closure of a newspaper which has been around for nearly 170 years.
good, i'm glad. waiting with fingers and toes crossed for the other lot to close as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
there's no one who can rival Michael Jackson.
he's the king of kings.
Melly Flew Us is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2011, 08:19 PM   #47
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Assange is relevant how.

I hadn't realised before that Ricky Gervais based his squirmingly embarrassing sleazy character on Steve Coogan.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:07 PM   #48
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder will the Grauniad close down for publishing Wikileaks illegally obtained private communications.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:28 PM   #49
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
I wonder will the Grauniad close down for publishing Wikileaks illegally obtained private communications.
Which private communications have been deemed "ilegally obtained by wikileaks"? in which legal system?
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:16 AM   #50
country flag allpro

allpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond repute

rupert murdoch is a douchebag.
allpro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:58 AM   #51
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
Which private communications have been deemed "ilegally obtained by wikileaks"? in which legal system?
I was referring to ''Wikileak's illegally obtained cables'' in the sense that Wikileaks is in the possession of cables that were obtained illegally. I did not say they were ''illegally obtained by Wikileaks''. ( Although my personal opinion is that Wikileaks is as guilty as the spy who stole them, I think you disagree on that.)
It is a fine line, but the difference will probably be the reason for years of lawsuits.

And while I picked on the Grauniad I was poking fun at the hypocrisy of the leftist press in general. When the Climategate emails came out the New York Times huffed that because the emails were private and ''illegally obtained'', the New York Times would not stoop so low as to publish them.
Exactly one year later when Wikileaks released the US government cables, the New York Times was crowing that these documents were in the public interest and the paper would begin publishing them immediately.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:00 AM   #52
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melly Flew Us View Post
good, i'm glad. waiting with fingers and toes crossed for the other lot to close as well.
Why would you want to deny the Brits their all-time favourite Sunday newspaper?
Old 07-15-2011, 04:10 PM   #53
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Did anyone else note that a judge in Austria upheld the right of an Austrian to wear a spaghetti strainer on his head in his driver's licence photo?

He is a Pastafarian.

I am off to the kitchen supply store today for a new hat.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:23 PM   #54
country flag watershedmomentz

watershedmomentz is on a distinguished road

glad this happened, what they were doing as an organization was atrocious
watershedmomentz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:29 PM   #55
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
And while I picked on the Grauniad I was poking fun at the hypocrisy of the leftist press in general. When the Climategate emails came out the New York Times huffed that because the emails were private and ''illegally obtained'', the New York Times would not stoop so low as to publish them.
Exactly one year later when Wikileaks released the US government cables, the New York Times was crowing that these documents were in the public interest and the paper would begin publishing them immediately.
Yep.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:26 PM   #56
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

The Grauniad has apologised for writing lies about the NOTW. Should it voluntarily close down now?
Old 07-17-2011, 01:54 PM   #57
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Rebekah Brooks arrested by hacking police

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14178051
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:05 PM   #58
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, wonders if she will get punished for this.

Written years ago, but apt.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:08 PM   #59
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

how the mighty fall...
Old 07-17-2011, 09:54 PM   #60
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Hmm, wonders if she will get punished for this.

Written years ago, but apt.

Even Murdoch couldn't make the Bible more trivial.