Murdoch closes The News of the World - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-08-2011, 02:39 PM   #31
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murdoch closes The News of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post

I hate Murdoch and I'm embarrassed by the fact most of our population are obsessed with celebrity and royalist GSTQ nationalism shoved down our throats by the Sun and the NOTW.

It is our fault, I agree.

As for Assange, not even comparable. It's a shame your beloved Yanks and Sweden decided to conspire a made up sex claim as an excuse to arrest him.
It is not a matter of anything being shoved down Brits throats. It is a matter of their insatiable desire to swallow it voluntarily and then ask for something even spicier.

As noted, dealing in illegally obtained private communications is practiced equally by Assange and NOTW. That's my comparison. On what grounds do you reject it?
Have you forgotten that the stated goal of Assange was to ''bring down'' the US? Clearly he is an egotistical psychopath, just like Bin Laden. So you are now a conspiracy theorist? You probably think Bin Laden was conspired against by the US too.
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2011, 02:40 PM   #32
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Ah, so collecting private communications is OK with you, it's just that you want to decide whose privacy it is OK to invade?
You asked if NOTW had done anything different to wikileaks.
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:41 PM   #33
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
You asked if NOTW had done anything different to wikileaks.
Yes

In the sense that both were dealing in illegally obtained private communications for profit, I don't see a difference in sleaze level.

Do you think that if Assange had been offered transcripts of Hillary Clinton's private phone conversations he would have refused to accept them?
Old 07-08-2011, 02:44 PM   #34
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As noted, dealing in illegally obtained private communications is practiced equally by Assange and NOTW. That's my comparison. On what grounds do you reject it?
Is there such a crime in the code, "dealing with illegally obtained information"? I don't recall such a law.

Regardless of it, my position is publishers must be absolutely free to publish whatever they get their hands on regardless of source, of course they could be held responsible on libel and defamation grounds but NEVER on grounds of "illegal obtention of information", what a toxic BS.

If it is the publicher who bug the phones, that's another matter.
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:44 PM   #35
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It is not a matter of anything being shoved down Brits throats. It is a matter of their insatiable desire to swallow it voluntarily and then ask for something even spicier.

Have you forgotten that the stated goal of Assange was to ''bring down'' the US? Clearly he is an egotistical psychopath, just like Bin Laden. So you are now a conspiracy theorist? You probably think Bin Laden was conspired against by the US too.
Agree on the first sentence. As for Assange, comparing him with a mass murderer like OBL Do me a favour.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:19 PM   #36
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
Is there such a crime in the code, "dealing with illegally obtained information"? I don't recall such a law.

Regardless of it, my position is publishers must be absolutely free to publish whatever they get their hands on regardless of source, of course they could be held responsible on libel and defamation grounds but NEVER on grounds of "illegal obtention of information", what a toxic BS.

If it is the publicher who bug the phones, that's another matter.
I thought that argument would come up. But I think it is no more valid than claiming that someone who pays a hitman to murder his wife can not be accused of murder.

But even in the present situation - what if the publisher is ''getting his hands on'' information from a free-agent source outside the publishing company? Where is the line drawn as to where the information comes from? If the publisher pays for the information is he free to publish it?
Old 07-08-2011, 05:26 PM   #37
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

What's wrong with the Daily Mail? Okay, let me rephrase that: its prurience & prudery on sex & drugs are enormously tedious, but for many years it was the only opposition to the ghastly Blair government, while the supposedly "right-wing" Murdoch press were sucking Blair's cock over Iraq.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:22 PM   #38
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
What's wrong with the Daily Mail? Okay, let me rephrase that: its prurience & prudery on sex & drugs are enormously tedious, but for many years it was the only opposition to the ghastly Blair government, while the supposedly "right-wing" Murdoch press were sucking Blair's cock over Iraq.
The Labour papers opposed the Iraq war full stop.

The Mail/Tories have no business slating Blair over Iraq as the blue shite have admitted over and over they would have taken us to war if they were in office.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:43 PM   #39
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute

Prince Philip is right, journalists are not people in professional/real jobs. Not feeling sorry for anyone losing a job in that "industry". All they do is tell stories with a spin.

Is Rebekah Wade jewish? Conspiracy theorists would like to know

Quote:
Liverpool FC need to return to the good old days when the players were born and bred locally. Dalglish, Keegan, McDermott, Kennedy, Lawrenson, Hansen, Grobelaar, Toshack, Molby ........ or were they just the Chelsea of the 70's buying the best talent available in the market?
Black Adam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:02 PM   #40
country flag Garson007

Garson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adam View Post
Prince Philip is right, journalists are not people in professional/real jobs.
I've long been saying that professional journalism is a misnomer.
Garson007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:17 PM   #41
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Philip Mountbatten is often right. Camilla Mountbatten-Windsor too, she recently lambasted PC.
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:29 PM   #42
country flag safin-rules-no.1

safin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes

In the sense that both were dealing in illegally obtained private communications for profit, I don't see a difference in sleaze level.

Do you think that if Assange had been offered transcripts of Hillary Clinton's private phone conversations he would have refused to accept them?
You don't see the difference between what Assange did and hacking in to murdered childrens mobile phones?
safin-rules-no.1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 03:38 AM   #43
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

In criminal and moral considerations, no! Murdered children have no more right to privacy than the rest of us.

And then there is the Australian connection..................
Old 07-09-2011, 08:25 AM   #44
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Assange is relevant how.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:05 AM   #45
country flag safin-rules-no.1

safin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In criminal and moral considerations, no! Murdered children have no more right to privacy than the rest of us.

And then there is the Australian connection..................
safin-rules-no.1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote