Murdoch closes The News of the World - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-07-2011, 11:30 PM   #16
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murdoch closes The News of the World

If Linda reads that shite, then any respect I had can go south.

It's no wonder the Europeans and foreign people in general have a skewed view of the British when you see how many mongs buy the Scum and the NOTW. It's the number one fucking paper in terms of buyrates. Fucking morons.

Hopefully this leads to the Scum being shut down as well. Sick of that horrible twat and the power he has over our country. It's like he's OUR president.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2011, 11:38 PM   #17
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garson007 View Post
Never knew you were such a rag fan. Expected of a rafa fangirl though.
Never a fan of people losing their jobs. Especially when most of the current NOTW staff had nothing to do with the phone hacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
It's no wonder the Europeans and foreign people in general have a skewed view of the British when you see how many mongs buy the Scum and the NOTW. It's the number one fucking paper in terms of buyrates. Fucking morons.

Hopefully this leads to the Scum being shut down as well. Sick of that horrible twat and the power he has over our country. It's like he's OUR president.
How would shutting down NOTW and The Sun have any affect on how Brits are viewed abroad, or stop people being "fucking morons"?

I find The Mail about a million times more offensive than The Sun.

For all that I dislike the ridiculous political bias in the NI newspapers, it's no worse than The Guardian or The Mirror.

Murdoch will happily sacrifice all his print publications in the UK if he can secure the BSkyB deals, IMO, but I don't see how that will help things.
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:52 PM   #18
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

If you read their transfer news section, you would change your mind.
jayjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:08 AM   #19
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
Never a fan of people losing their jobs. Especially when most of the current NOTW staff had nothing to do with the phone hacking.

How would shutting down NOTW and The Sun have any affect on how Brits are viewed abroad, or stop people being "fucking morons"?

I find The Mail about a million times more offensive than The Sun.

For all that I dislike the ridiculous political bias in the NI newspapers, it's no worse than The Guardian or The Mirror.

Murdoch will happily sacrifice all his print publications in the UK if he can secure the BSkyB deals, IMO, but I don't see how that will help things.
I suppose you're right about the jobs although the Merseyside football writer Bascombe and David Wooding can fuck off.

Most of the British perception comes from reading the Sun/NOTW bullshit about how royalist/nationalist we should be, about how we should hate the Germans and the Argies cause we went to war with them, why we should be obsessed with who's having an affair with who and for them hyping our sports teams to astronomical levels. God save the Queen!

The Mail is Tory filth and has that twat McKenzie writing for it. Wouldn't touch it either.

The Guardian is OK, the Mirror is OK as well. Aside from the Independent, none of our publications are anything special.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:09 AM   #20
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
If you read their transfer news section, you would change your mind.
I use the net for transfer news anyway. I don't buy any papers.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:27 AM   #21
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

crikey... modern stings take their toll... nasty habit they had...

so watchable watching dirt get unearthed tho...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:57 AM   #22
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Do you realise how much your language just makes you look like another typical British Sun reader?
Old 07-08-2011, 02:58 AM   #23
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Did these people do anything Assange and Wikileaks didn't do?
Old 07-08-2011, 06:47 AM   #24
country flag theMEESH

theMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond repute

Has News of the World always had a trashy reputation? If not, I feel sad that a publication that has been out that long would let themselves lapse into such a sad state as this.
theMEESH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:10 AM   #25
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMEESH View Post
Has News of the World always had a trashy reputation? If not, I feel sad that a publication that has been out that long would let themselves lapse into such a sad state as this.
From day one, 180 years ago. But it gave the Brits the news they wanted. And now the Brits are outraged, but since they made it the world's #1 paper in English, I think this outrage is mainly to convince themselves it is not their own fault.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:28 AM   #26
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
bugging other ppl's phones
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:02 PM   #27
Banned!

Quote:
Do you realise how much your language just makes you look like another typical British Sun reader?
What, do you want me to start talking like a double-barrelled surnamed squire called Quentin Farquhar-Penkethman?

I hate Murdoch and I'm embarrassed by the fact most of our population are obsessed with celebrity and royalist GSTQ nationalism shoved down our throats by the Sun and the NOTW.

It is our fault, I agree.

As for Assange, not even comparable. It's a shame your beloved Yanks and Sweden decided to conspire a made up sex claim as an excuse to arrest him.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:07 PM   #28
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did Wikileaks hack the phones of the parents of murdered children?
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #29
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
Did Wikileaks hack the phones of the parents of murdered children?
Ah, so collecting private communications is OK with you, it's just that you want to decide whose privacy it is OK to invade?
Old 07-08-2011, 02:31 PM   #30
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
bugging other ppl's phones
I define it as dealing in illegally obtained private communications. Assange=NOTW.