Dutch Football 2011/2012 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #46
country flag Timotheus

Timotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dutch Football 2011/2012

Ajax won 1-4, bet won.

De Graafschap overpowered Ajax in the first 15-20 minutes with their full press, which even gave them the lead from a corner. After that Ajax easily took over and turned the game around within minutes for a 1-2 halftime lead. In the remainder Ajax weren't troubled at all and they could even afford to miss a penalty.
Timotheus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #47
country flag Timotheus

Timotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond repute

FC Groningen - ADO Den Haag (14-08-2011)
Pick: 5/10 FC Groningen -0.5 @ 1.9 (SBO, various Europeans and other asians have similar odds)

Today the news came out that ADO have sold their key winger Verhoek, which is yet another big loss for the club. Last season their objective was to avoid relegation, but instead they finished 5th and even played in Europe. They lost in the preliminaries already and haven\'t made a good impression on me at all. Last season they had a decent squad, with a couple of guys clearly responsible for their succes: Coach Van den Brom (left for Vitesse), defender Derijck (still at the club, but a lot of transfer speculation), midfielder Toornstra (still at the club, but a lot of transfer speculation), striker Bulykin (left the club) and Verhoek, who is gone now as well. Besides this they also lost their regular leftback Pique and regular left winger Kubik. In the first match it became clear already that it\'s not fair to rate this team the same way as the one of last season, but bookmakers still seem to overrate them at this point. Groningen finished 2nd behind this ADO in the play-offs after penalties, losing 5-1 away, but also winning 5-1 at home. Groningen have lost 2 good defenders with Granqvist and Stenman (CB and LB), but made some decent moves on the transfer market, replacing Stenman with young Burnet (from Ajax where he played in the reserves) and Granqvist with experienced Kwakman. Both are of lesser quality, but decent nonetheless. At home Groningen were a real force last season and this has been their tradition for many years. At this point they have no injury worries and under these circumstances I would have to give them around 60% to get the win here and really worth an early bet.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:25 AM   #48
country flag Sheva

Sheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond repute

Good that you took it early Timo. I was late to the party and odds have dropped dramatically to about 1.7. Still thinking about playing it though, but I'm waiting for the odds to rise after the comeback of Verhoek to ADO.

I took NEC against Excelsior. Will do a write-up a little later.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:47 AM   #49
country flag Timotheus

Like the looks of NEC as well

Helmond Sport - Sparta Rotterdam
Pick: 5/10 Sparta DNB @ 2.08 (SBO)

My expectations for Helmond Sport this season are quite low. They had a great season in 2010/2011, but have lost a lot of players. First of all their succescoach Streppel has left to Willem II, taking midfielder Haemhouts (32 games, 6 goals) with him. The following guys are also gone: important striker Andrade (20 matches, 13 goals, was injured for a long period last season), key winger Höcher (34 games, 14 goals), regular attacker Veldmate (31 games, 12 goals), regular midfielder Van Leerdam (32 matches, 5 goals), regular Winkens (29 matches, 2 goals), regular GK Van WesteropS/R Esajas (23 matches, 3 goals), S/R Muhamadu (12 matches, 1 goal) and a couple of back-up players. As you can see this list is simply huge and enough reason to rate Helmond quite differently. This also showed against newly promoted FC Oss, where they showed some poor finishing and lost 3-1. They have a completely new attack now, with new signings Quekel (mediocre player), Stachnik (inexperienced), Veerman (inexperienced) and Nygaard (used to be a great player, but is very old).

If we now look at Sparta we see a very different team. They also lost a lot of players, but this was mostly deadweight. They had a dissapointing season and really had to get used to the Jupiler League style of football, finishing in a very dissapointing 9th place. This season they are 2nd title favorite behind Willem II however. They lost many many old players who simply didn't have it in them anymore and only lost 2 players that were important: playmaker Duarte and topscorer Voskamp. With Overtoom from Ajax and Mark Veldmate from Helmond they have done well to replace them however, while they were also able to really strengthen the rest of their team, signing Nieuwendaal (Den Bosch), Bruinier (AGOVV) for their midfield and Luirink (Cambuur), Jeroen Veldmate (Groningen), Pellatz (Excelsior, goalkeeper) and Varela (RKC) for their defence. In their first match they already looked much more stable at the back and even though their finishing wasn't great they showed plenty of promiss. They have no absentees today. From Helmond I don't have a lot of teamnews, but every absentee would be a nice extra for this bet. All in all I can say that Helmond seem to be rated as the title candidate here, while Sparta are rated too low, which is simply wrong. I would make Sparta favorites on a -0.25 line with odds around 1.95 the highest.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:13 PM   #50
country flag Timotheus

Willem II - Go Ahead Eagles
Pick: 5/10 Willem II -0.75 @ 2.07 (SBO)

A big raise in the odds for Willem II here, going from a fair -1 line to this great -0.75 offer. Willem II relegated from the Eredivisie last year, but are the big title favorite now in the Jupiler League. A lot of players left after the relegation, but this has given them the chance to build a new team with experienced players from this league, like striker De Groot (RKC), midfielders Guijt (Cambuur), Haemhouts (Helmond), Mulder (RKC) and defender Keller (Sydney FC) to name a few. Last week they already showed to have some realy quality when they beat Veendam and they had a lot of crowd support travelling with them. The fans are really sticking behind the club, which is great at this point and this should boost them even more in this home match. The same 11 as last week can be expected, even though the squad is better overall now that wingers Van Zaanen and Kolkka are fit again. Besides Hutten there are no injuries for the home team and he would have been on the bench anyway. For Go Ahead Eagles regular striker Houtkoop and regular midfielder Janota are still doubtful and are a matchday decision. They have been tested at this point already I'd expect, but I have been unable to find further updates. Go Ahead have a decent squad at this point after signing experienced players as defender Jansen (Veendam), Kromkamp (PSV), goalkeeper Van der Vlag (Veendam) and midfielder Schuurman (Heracles), but still have a lot of work to do in my opinion. Key striker Van der Biezen was sold and his replacement Kolder (benched last week) really seems to be way past his prime. They have a team that should be able to reach the play-offs easily, but are way behind this Willem II side in terms of quality and a -0.75 line is a must bet for me here.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:11 PM   #51
country flag Sheva

Sheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond repute

Hahaha LOL. Just wrote these write-ups elsewhere and now I see you are on the same picks:

Willem II - Go Ahead Eagles
Pick: Willem II -0.75 @ 2.07 (SBO)

Willem II made a very bright start to their new season, taking their opener with relative ease 1-3 at Veendam. They were never seriously troubled by Veendam. Willem II has a very nice mix of experience (De Groot, Haemhouts, Keller, Guyt and Swinkels) with young talent (Vossenbelt, Gravenbeek and Schreurs). They clicked well together in the preperation of the new season and have by far the best team in the Jupiler League. This particular match was the final of the promotion/relegation play-offs. Go Ahead won the first leg 1-0, but folded quite badly in the second leg and lost 3-0. Although not a whole lot of players featured in those particular matches, it will be a bit of a mental plus for Willem II.

Go Ahead started well last week against Telstar, but played a terrible second half. A draw would have been deserved, as Go Ahead completely lost the plot. Their back line and midfield are quite solid, but I am not too convinced about their front line.

In terms of quality Willem II are well ahead of Go Ahead. I though this handicap would go somewhere around the 1.85 mark, so a 2.07 price is great value for me.

Helmond Sport - Sparta Rotterdam
Pick: Sparta DNB @ 2.21

Sparta had a terrible season last year, but look to rebound this year. I like their new signings for this year. All of a sudden they have a really good central axis in their team. They've now got a solid GK (Pellatz), two good central defenders (Luirink and J. Veldmate) and a offensive midfielder (Overtoom), who could really be one of the surprises of the season. All in all I think they really gained quality in the off-season. They played a solid game against Fortuna. They weren't playing overly well, but still won relatively easy.

Helmond Sport on the contrary has not had a good off-season. They lost key players in Höcher, Haemhouts, M. Veldmate, Andrade and van Westerop. The players that have filled in for them are nowhere near the quality of their precedents. Last week they lost 3-1 at Oss, although they deserved a draw and hit the woodwork about 4 times. The coach of Oss was quite right after the match when he added "This is a good victory, but we still don't know where we stand, as I think Helmond is a lot worse this season compared to the last.

The oddsmakers have probably based the odds on past results and the good results of Helmond last year. This season I can't see them having similar succes. Sparta on the other hand will finish a lot higher than last year. They have a good side and should play for the top five spots in the Jupiler League. In my opinion Sparta should be the favourite in this particular match-up.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:13 PM   #52
country flag Sheva

Don't understand the shift towards a Helmond win. Other lean on Eindhoven. Eindhoven played well during the pre-season and parts of their first match. They are one of the few teams that didn't see a lot of changes during the off-season. Cambuur is a strong home team though and are hard to beat at home. Will probably decide a little later if I'll pull the trigger..
Old 08-12-2011, 06:32 PM   #53
country flag Sheva

NEC vs Excelsior
Pick: -1 @ 1.79 SBO

NEC lost their main striker and top scorer of the Eredivisie from last year: Vleminckx. They signed strikers Nijland and Platje, but they are different type of players. Their main signing in my opinion however is their new coach: Pastoor. Last year he did excellent by staying up with Excelsior, a team which every so-named expert expected to go down to the Jupiler League. He excelled at tactics and made a lot of players better. He took important midfielder Koolwijk with him to NEC. Admittedly, they got a bit lucky with a draw in their first match against Heerenveen, but for this match they are up against different opposition.

Excelsior seems to be the worst team of the league. They didn't stand a chance against Feyenoord in the first round. Their best players left for Feyenoord and coach Lammers has a very inexperienced team. The fact that a player aged 22 is the captain of the team tells a lot. They looked really poor against Feyenoord and they lack automatisms. They just lack quality and will be desperate to sign a few players before the transfer market closes, as the current team is just not worthy of playing in the Eredivisie.

NEC should be too much for them and I expect the team from Nijmegen to win fairly comfortbably.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:56 PM   #54
country flag Timotheus

I still think we were on the good sides here Sheva, but this wasn't our night

Willem II 1-1, bet lost
Sparta lost 3-2, bet lost

Not a lucky evening. Willem II took the lead early on and controlled the entire match. They forgot to push through for a second goal however and Go Ahead equalized out of the blue. After that Willem II missed an extremely easy chance for the win as well. A half win was the least we deserved here.
Sparta were in control before the break and took the early lead as well. After about 60 minutes of play they fell apart after a goalkeeper mistake which cost them the 1-1. They conceded 2 more goals in no-time and were reduced to 10, after which the bet was fucked.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:01 PM   #55
country flag Timotheus

Feyenoord - Roda JC
Pick: 5/10 Roda JC +0.75 @ 2.06 (IBC)

Last season I backed Roda in this match-up as well and it paid off with a deserved 1-1 draw. This season the situation is quite comparable. Feyenoord have lost their fair share of quality and have an extremely young squad. Against Excelsior last week they could easily mask this against an even younger opponent, but with Roda this won't be the case. The visitors have been very steady the last 1.5 seasons and like to be the underdog. With their 4-4-2 diamond they play a formation that is quite rare in this league and this always causes problems against inexperienced 4-3-3 sides. Roda didn't impress last week after an early red card for important midfielder Vormer (out today), but this match-up should suit them a lot better. Feyenoord have the team for counter play, but will be forced to take the initiative, opening a lot of holes against Roda's 4 man midfield and the hosts should be able to take advantage of this. My fair line is +0.5 around evens.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:45 PM   #56
country flag Timotheus

Roda lost 3-0, bet lost.

A deserved loss for Roda..they really had a collective off-day, while Feyenoord's young winger Cabral was simply brilliant.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:19 PM   #57
country flag Timotheus

Groningen won 4-2, bet won

At least we were able to finish this dissapointing weekend with a winner. Groningen played great in the first hour and were several classes above ADO. They took a quick 2-0 lead and even led by 4 goals. After that they took things slow and missed a lot of chances, allowing ADO to pull 2 goals back.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:18 PM   #58
country flag Timotheus

LIVE
5/10 NEC -1 v Excelsior @ 1.96 (0-0)
Was leaning towards this bet pre-match already and so far NEC have confirmed my thoughts. They are all over Excelsior and playing well, creating several good chances already. This season Excelsior really look extremely weak and they lack the quality to hurt this NEC side on the counter today I believe. Should be a solid home win.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:51 PM   #59
country flag Timotheus

FT 2-0, bet won
Old 08-15-2011, 09:16 PM   #60
country flag Sheva

Heracles vs Feyenoord
Pick: Heracles DNB @ 1.75 (SBO)

For me this should be a -0.25 line @ 1.80 or someting like that. I'm not buying this Feyenoord hype. Feyenoord played against a terrible Excelsior side in their first match and were playing quite poorly. Admittedly, they played well against Roda JC, but again they met an opponent who weren't on top of their games. Feyenoord has pretty much the same team as last year and I would even reckon that their team has worsened after losing regulars Wijnaldum and Castaignos. Last year they managed to win two games out of the possible 17.

Heracles on the contrary is a solid home side. Their home record from last year reads 11W-4D-2L. With such a record a DNB line looks quite juicy. The bookies have probably factored in the so and so form. In their first match they were lucky to get a draw against RKC, but in the second half against NAC they looked much better and were able to turn things around. At the back they have a lot of injuries, but their replacements didn't look that vulnerable. Their front four are of great quality and the win over NAC (2-1) must have been a boost for their confidence.

Feyenoord won their first two matches, but those wins disguise their true strength (weakness would maybe be better put). They are weaker than last year when they finished 10th in the league table. Heracles might have some injury problems, but were able to keep their team together during the summer. They are a really strong home side and should prove too much. This DNB-line represents great value and I think odds of around 2.00 on a -0.5 line would be more fair.