Dutch Football 2011/2012 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-30-2011, 12:50 PM   #31
country flag Sheva

Sheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dutch Football 2011/2012

I'm also at Ajax to win the Johan Cruijff Cup. I took it earlier this week. Prices have droppped dramatically, so I'm not gonna post the pick here, as that wouldn't be fair. I would say that you should at least get 1.70 to get good value..
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2011, 02:11 PM   #32
country flag Sheva

Sheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond reputeSheva has a reputation beyond repute

VVV vs Getafe
Pick: Getafe -0.5 @ 2.14 (Live) (small stakes)

There is a signifcant gap in terms of quality between these sides. VVV only stayed up after playing relegation play-offs. I have to admit that I like a few of their new signings (Meeuwis and Wildschut). The difference between the Primera Division and the Eredivisie is huge though. If Getafe play up to 70% of their potential, they should clinch this one fairly comfortably.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:42 PM   #33
country flag Sheva

Getafe looks very uninspired at the moment. VVV on the contrary is playing quite well. Not going to win that bet, unless a major turnaroud happens. Getafe's coach will be furious at half time..
Old 07-30-2011, 06:48 PM   #34
country flag Timotheus

Timotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond repute

HT Ajax 0-1 Twente..ajax 3 major chances and about 2,3 smaller ones and I think 60% possession..Twente 0 chances and only scored from a pen given from a foul when the ball wasn't even close
Timotheus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:53 PM   #35
country flag Timotheus

Timotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond reputeTimotheus has a reputation beyond repute

Ajax lost 1-2, bet lost

Odds dropped to about 1.7 pre match, with the market agreeing on this pick and looking at the game this was right as well. Ajax dictated from start to finish, had about 60% possession and loads of chances, but Twente simply stole the win, despite not having a single chance in the entire match. First they scored from a penalty given after a foul when the ball wasn't even close and later they scored with a shot from distance, despite being with 10 after a red card...Terribly undeserved loss here, but that's football.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:24 PM   #36
country flag Timotheus

Feyenoord - Malaga
Pick: 5/10 Malaga -0.25 @ 1.95 (SBO)

No time for write-up left, but Feyenoord looked quite poor in preseason to me and have lost loads of quality with Wijnaldum leaving for PSV. Malaga a very strong line-up here and look a solid bet.

Malaga:
Caballero, Gámez, Demichelis, Mathijsen, Monreal, Cazorla, Toulalan, Maresca, Duda, Seba, Van Nistelrooy.

Feyenoord:
Mulder; Leerdam, De Vrij, Vlaar, Ramsteijn, Van Haaren, Clasie, El Ahmadi, Fer, Fernandez, Cissé.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:25 PM   #37
country flag Timotheus

Malaga won 0-2, bet won
Old 08-04-2011, 07:25 PM   #38
country flag Timotheus

LIVE
5/10 ADO Den Haag -0.25 vs Omonia (1-0) @ 2.16
ADO all over Omonia. Huge momentum right now and they are trying to fix the 3-0 loss in the first leg. Omonia isn't even trying to counter and ADO have missed many chances already. One-way traffic.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:53 PM   #39
country flag Timotheus

1-0 FT, bet half lost. I misjudged ADO's fitness here..they really couldn't do much in the final 15 minutes and because of Omonia's timewasting they were unable to recreate their momentum.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:50 PM   #40
country flag Timotheus

LIVE
5/10 Feyenoord -0.5 v Excelsior @ 2.28 (0-0 HT). Feyenoord have been a lot better so far and have missed a couple of good chances. Quite unlucky not to be in the lead and haven't been troubled at the back at all. I give them at least 50% chance to win in the remaining 45min.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:44 PM   #41
country flag tt boy

tt boy has a reputation beyond reputett boy has a reputation beyond reputett boy has a reputation beyond reputett boy has a reputation beyond reputett boy has a reputation beyond reputett boy has a reputation beyond reputett boy has a reputation beyond reputett boy has a reputation beyond reputett boy has a reputation beyond reputett boy has a reputation beyond reputett boy has a reputation beyond repute

nice call Timo
tt boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:34 PM   #42
country flag Timotheus

Cheers

Feyenoord won 0-2, quite easily. Bet won
Old 08-06-2011, 02:31 AM   #43
country flag Sheva

VVV vs FC Utrecht
Pick: VVV +0.25 @ 1.83 (SBO)

I got the price of 1.99 last weekend, but this price is still very good. In my opinion this game should have a draw-no-bet line and I even consider VVV as the slight favourites.

VVV has had quite a good build up to the new season. In a friendly they beat Aachen 3-1 and a week ago they surprised with a convincing 2-0 win over Getafe. Admittedly, Getafe didn't look overly motivated, but VVV sprang quite a surprise. They've invested their money smartly by the looks of it. Meeuwis will be a true leader for their team and Maguire, Wildschut and Linssen are good new signings.

Utrecht on the other hand is on a low at the moment. They really lack strikers,as new siging Gerndt is suspended and Mulenga, Duplan and De Kogel are injured. They've struggled mightly in the build-up to this game, as they only won once against an amateur team. Against proffesional teams, they drew against Ergotelis (0-0), while losing to mediocre Lierse, Mechelen. The 0-3 loss against Malaga was a result one could have expected. Then in a vital match (their last leading up to this one) to gain some confidence they drew 2-2 against amateur side Spakenburg. FC Utrecht lost 6 starters in the transfer period, including their captain and their best two players (Mertens and Strootman, both to PSV). They'll need some time to regroup and integrate their new players.

The first few matches FC Utrecht is a side to fade and I fully expect VVV to get at least a draw. I even see them winning this one, so even when odds fall to a draw-no-bet line, I would still bet on VVV.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:06 AM   #44
country flag Sheva

NAC vs Twente
Pick: NAC +0.75 @ 2.01 (SBO)

Well at first sight one would think ' Twente will take this one' . They won the Johan Cruijff Cup and got to the last qualifying stage of the Champions League. So based on results one would think that this will be an easy win for Twente.

The results don't reflect the true form of Twente. Ajax should have won the Johan Cruijff cup quite easily given the run of play. Twente got lucky to say the least. Also in both of their ties against Vaslui they've looked far from impressive. They haven't been able to play with their best side since the first day of preseason. Key wingers Chadli and Ruiz have been struggling with injury. The former will not play, while the latter is doubtful. Their midfield-engine T. Janssen left the club for Ajax and his replacement W. Janssen (what a coincidence) has played all right, but is nowhere near the player that Theo Janssen is. Another starter from last year Landzaat is also struggling with injury, while key central defender Douglas is suspended. Right back Rosales is still enjoying his holiday after competing with Venezuela in the Copa America. Goalkeeper Mikhailov is also doubtful with a back injury. Twente is a very good side if they have a fit squad, but at the moment they seem to be struggling with injuries and as a consequence haven't been able to get used to one another.

NAC are a dangerous opponent at home. PSV will be the first one to agree, as they have lost a considerable amount of times in their away games at NAC. NAC also beat Twente on their home turf last year (2-1) and have a fanatic home support. They seem to be one of the teams that can turn into a next gear against quality opposition. Their main striker thought about leaving, but he's still there. In their last friendly leading up to this match, NAC beat Olympiakos 2-1. They have almost no injury worries and can field their best line-up. Central defender Penders retired, but they bought two solid replacements in Buijs and Botteghin.

Expect the home crowd to fuel NAC. FC Twente is like a wounded animal, as they have so many absentees due to various reasons. The results don't reflect their poor form and that is a spot I like to come in and bet against them.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:03 AM   #45
country flag Timotheus

De Graafschap v Ajax
Pick: 5/10 Ajax -1.5 @ 2.01 (SBO)

De Graafschap have lost quite a lot of players after last season. Regular centre-defenders Buijs and Broekhof, regular midfielders Hersi (was injured for a big part of the second half of the season) and Jungschlager, regular goalkeeper Waterman, important striker De Ridder and S/R striker Bargas. This has really left a gap since they have just 3 new additions to their squad and the rest of them are filled up with youth players. At this point only attacking midfielder De Leeuw would have been a starter, but he is suspended today, so we will have a very weak and inexperienced squad today. Ajax have had a decent preseason and are looking better each week. They lost their important goalkeeper Stekelenburg, but have a decent replacement with Vermeer, who was in the goal for the final matches of the previous season as well. They have signed quite a couple of good players and have much more squad depth, also adding Twente's Theo Janssen to the squad in a defensive playmaking role and having 2 fresh wingers on the bench who are able to open up a game if needed. Important defender Vertonghen is out for today, but I'm quite sure that his teammates can make up for this. Usually his quality in the build-up would be very important, but Janssen can pick up the scraps for him in his new role. I see a huge quality difference here and even though the -1.5 line is quite big for an away win I expect Ajax to cover quite easily. In the last 4 games at De Graafschap, ajax won by at least 5 goals as well.