Davis Cup 2011 Final in Seville, Spain - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-04-2011, 09:15 PM   #106
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup 2011 Final in Seville, Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
to the media bs;And that hurts the players imo.
people (media) like winners....as soon as something changes they'll burn you to the ground....pathetic really.

I think my avatar says it all
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2011, 09:21 PM   #107
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

yes I think it says all it needs to.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:12 PM   #108
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

http://tn.com.ar/deportes/after-play...lo-a-del-potro

David's first words to Delpo: "Dale que jugaste bárbaro, no te podes reprochar nada." or "You played a fantastic match, you have nothing to blame yourself for."

Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:15 PM   #109
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Svetlana, we love you

now beat it

jaja
Old 12-04-2011, 10:21 PM   #110
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Getta- now time for me to go watch the match.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:14 AM   #111
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

What a great first set he played. But then lost chances. And so sad at the end. But kudos to Spain this time and definitely David Ferrer was the hero this weekend.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:49 AM   #112
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlita View Post
Svetlana, we have a place for these type of posts...it is called General Messages. Please go rant in there thanks.
Isn't a Del Potro fan allowed to make critical comments of Del Potro in the Del Potro forum? I'm not saying I agree with all of what Svet has said, because I don't agree with some of it (that he shouldn't play for Argentina again), but definitely some other aspects of it (that he completely lacks a confidence and killer instinct that he had before the surgery).

However, I don't really understand why she or anyone should have to go to GM to say such things just because it might offend the sensibilities of other fans of the same player?

I know MTF player forums are often these lovey dovey places where you're not allowed to say anything remotely critical of that player, or even dare say anything positive about an opponent, but it shouldn't actually be like that. It's one of a number of reasons why I've often steered clear of player forums - including players I like myself, of which Del Potro is one.

I know Svet has been a Del Potro fan since he was a junior (as was I), so no one here needs to question her credentials as a Del Potro fan, to be perfectly honest. She's been a fan of his long before many of you had even heard of him, with all due respect.
jayjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:02 AM   #113
country flag Getta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
Isn't a Del Potro fan allowed to make critical comments of Del Potro in the Del Potro forum? I'm not saying I agree with all of what Svet has said, because I don't agree with some of it (that he shouldn't play for Argentina again), but definitely some other aspects of it (that he completely lacks a confidence and killer instinct that he had before the surgery).

However, I don't really understand why she or anyone should have to go to GM to say such things just because it might offend the sensibilities of other fans of the same player?

I know MTF player forums are often these lovey dovey places where you're not allowed to say anything remotely critical of that player, or even dare say anything positive about an opponent, but it shouldn't actually be like that. It's one of a number of reasons why I've often steered clear of player forums - including players I like myself, of which Del Potro is one.

I know Svet has been a Del Potro fan since he was a junior (as was I), so no one here needs to question her credentials as a Del Potro fan, to be perfectly honest. She's been a fan of his long before many of you had even heard of him, with all due respect.
jayjay, Svetlana said:

Quote:
I was a huge fan, even when nobody knew who he was. I believed in him and when he finally broke through, I was ecstatic. I was depressed when he got injured and delighted to see him make a comeback when a cloud of retirement was hovering above him.

But now that he has become an ultimate choker and a lazyarse, I've had enough.
the rest of her rubbish talk went in the trash. i don't have any problem with her posting here since i put her on ignore.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:09 AM   #114
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
jayjay, Svetlana said:
I know what she said.

Is she not allowed to vent her frustrations at his current level in comparison to where she thinks he should be? Whether you agree with her expectation or not is fair game, but I don't really understand why she got ganged up on for saying it?

Other than for the fact everyone in a player forum is supposed to say this. "I love such and such so much, he is so great. Look at how he smiles, isn't he adorable? OMG, he has a girlfiend? I hope she's nice, but I don't approve of her, she's a slut. I've never met her, though. I just know she's a model. I love him so much, he is playing so well even though he hasn't won a match in 6 months. Oh he lost? I'm so sad. He must have been injured, nothing else can explain it?"

The last line I took almost exclusively from the Nadal forum. (although I'm sure I could have taken it from the Federer and Djokovic forums, too, had I ever read either forum for more than 3 seconds)
Old 12-05-2011, 04:11 AM   #115
country flag Getta

jayjay, all women are sluts these days.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:36 AM   #116
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

Jayjay, there's a difference between constructive critisism and talking about someone like they are scum of the earth. (first bit goes in here, 2nd goes in GM....simple)
Old 12-05-2011, 07:07 AM   #117
country flag jayjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlita View Post
Jayjay, there's a difference between constructive critisism and talking about someone like they are scum of the earth. (first bit goes in here, 2nd goes in GM....simple)
There is and I don't think saying a player shouldn't play Davis Cup anymore (as Svet said) or that you have grown tired of the player they have become (as Svet said) is akin to labelling them as the scum of the earth.

Maybe you do, in which case we'll have to agree to disagree. You've taken a huge jump there from what was actually said to how you wish to portray it.

Personally, after Malaga I thought and said - and still think and still say - that Gaudio should never have played Davis Cup ever again, too. Not because he lost - thrashed twice in three days - but because of the attitude he exhibited while doing so. That doesn't mean I think Gaudio is the scum of the earth, far from it. Just simply that Davis Cup, at that level, was clearly something far too big for him to handle (ie. the pressure and expectation from a nation).

And further to that, just to broaden the discussion slightly, if I was Spanish or a fan of the Spanish Davis Cup team, my view of Verdasco would be he shouldn't play Davis Cup again either, because his attitude (I'm not talking about his performance, players play well, players play badly, that's just the way it is) on Saturday was quite disgusting. I'm sure you won't agree - as a Verdasco fan - but I'm just making the point to say it's possible to say that without thinking that person is the scum of the earth.

Unfortunately, too many people take any criticism or bad word said about a player they like to the extreme and make out like they are being blamed for all the evil in the world, which isn't usually the case.

On a side note, I find it amusing that you say "talking about someone like the scum of the earth is for GM". Is there a thread on GM that states as part of its rules/guidelines that you are free to talk of players as the scum of the earth there?
Old 12-05-2011, 08:36 AM   #118
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

It is how I saw it after I read it. So yeah best agree to disagree here.

about GM.....please ....have you read stuff in there? The way people talk about some players is really beyond pathetic and I can tell you, being an admin, if I had my way 75% of GM would be deleted and/or banned (one of the reason I only moderate there if no other mods are around )

oh and trust me....Fernando's attitude (on court that is) makes me go at the best of times. Ever since he changed his manager and left Spain for the USA I see the difference and I don't like it one bit because he doesnt need it.

Last edited by Carlita : 12-05-2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:56 PM   #119
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

As I mentioned before I do not like censorship of any kind so I don't have any issues with Sveta or Lori posting how they feel. However if they are going to vent their disgust or frustrations then they need to be called out for it from those of us who disagree. As far as I am concerned this forum is a democracy. And everyone needs to have respect for each other, the player in question and this board. Nuff said.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:46 PM   #120
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

I just think Juan's conditioning is still a little off. He is all the way back to 11th already. He is going to do fine! And he played his heart out at the Davis Cup! And Sue I love the way you handle this Forum