Davis Cup 2011 Final in Seville, Spain - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-04-2011, 06:58 AM   #76
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond reputeSasja has a reputation beyond reputeSasja has a reputation beyond reputeSasja has a reputation beyond reputeSasja has a reputation beyond reputeSasja has a reputation beyond reputeSasja has a reputation beyond reputeSasja has a reputation beyond reputeSasja has a reputation beyond reputeSasja has a reputation beyond reputeSasja has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup 2011 Final in Seville, Spain

Happy Argentina won the doubles so it's not decided yet. But it's going to be so tough ofcourse against Nadal.

If Delpo had won the 4th set against Ferrer, it would have been 2-1 and I think Nalbandian would have played the final match against Ferrer. And then they really would have had a chance. So I'm sure Delpo is really dissapointed with that loss on Friday.

But Ferrer is a very good player and has had a really good year. It was for me a surprise that Delpo was able to get to a 5th set, because it sure didn't look like that in the beginning of the match. He sure fought hard and just ran out of gas in the 5th. Ferrer also said that he played one of his best matches of his career.

Really hope that Delpo can upset Nadal so we will have the final match to decide the winner. That would be great. The crowd will go wild But I'm afraid that won't happen though
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2011, 04:27 PM   #77
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I missed the match as friends called and could not pass up the opportunity to have a great brunch/breakfast. But from what I can tell reading GM ( should I even believe half of what's written ) he played a good match except when it counted and his serve let him down ( although his serve and slow clay aren't exactly made for each other) Oh posters of reason please let me know how the match was overall!

Last edited by cobalt60 : 12-04-2011 at 04:37 PM.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:36 PM   #78
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
Oh posters of reason please let me know how the match was overall!
Juan Martin is on his way to Sparta.

that's all i have to tell you.

so please excuse my laconic writing.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:38 PM   #79
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Works for me Getta! I can't predict I will get to watch much of it ( although that first set must have been a blinder) since I was just paged...............................to be continued.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:52 PM   #80
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Ladies!
Delpo will be a force to be reckoned with next year (if he can stay uninjured)! Played actually a great match and gave it his all again as usual, Rafa was just able to pull himself together in critical moments after the first set. Big Al Costa also said Delpo played a great match! My respect Dr Sue & others!
Old 12-04-2011, 04:54 PM   #81
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Maria, so very nice to see you here.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #82
country flag Svetlana T.
Banned!

Svetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond repute

His carreer is finished as far as I am concerned. He is never going to recover after this and the people back home are never going to forgive him. Once they did, but twice, no way.

I am reading the comments on the fora and the newspapers and he is being ripped to shreds. I suggest he stay in Spain given that he is much more helpful for them anyway.

The worst thing is that he deserves everything he gets.

I was a huge fan, even when nobody knew who he was. I believed in him and when he finally broke through, I was ecstatic. I was depressed when he got injured and delighted to see him make a comeback when a cloud of retirement was hovering above him.

But now that he has become an ultimate choker and a lazyarse, I've had enough.

It is shameful to see somebody as underprepared fitness wise as he is when he should be at the peak of his powers. It is sad to see no progress in his play or mental strength, in fact, he is worse now than he was in 2008 in both departments.

So, I won't bother you anymore with my negativity. You can drool over his looks or whatever else that gets you going, but I doubt you are going to enjoy his tennis results from now on.
Svetlana T. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:33 PM   #83
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svetlana T. View Post
His carreer is finished as far as I am concerned. He is never going to recover after this and the people back home are never going to forgive him. Once they did, but twice, no way.

I am reading the comments on the fora and the newspapers and he is being ripped to shreds. I suggest he stay in Spain given that he is much more helpful for them anyway.

I was a huge fan, even when nobody knew who he was. I believed in him and when he finally broke through, I was ecstatic. I was depressed when he got injured and delighted to see him make a comeback when a cloud of retirement was hovering above him.

It is shameful to see somebody as underprepared fitness wise as he is when he should be at the peak of his powers. It is sad to see no progress in his play or mental strength, in fact, he is worse now than he was in 2008 in both departments.

So, I won't bother you anymore with my negativity. You can drool over his looks or whatever else that gets you going, but I doubt you are going to enjoy his tennis results from now on.
OF FFS!!!!! The guy fought his heart out!! He's FAR from lazy.....he kept getting the crowd involved to help him get psyched up....Geeez! Please leave.....pity the person who has you as a fan dear oh dear....

I enjoy his tennis, I enjoy his fighting spirit...so yeah, plenty to be happy about. I dont drool over him btw.... I just like the guy.....

He deserves all he gets? Well he certainly doesnt deserve how you talk about him..... sickning!

If you can't see he did well this year and that it's been a long season for everyone...well.... I pity you.

You need to find yourself a bandwagon ASAP!!!

Last edited by Carlita : 12-04-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #84
country flag milagre

milagre has a reputation beyond reputemilagre has a reputation beyond reputemilagre has a reputation beyond reputemilagre has a reputation beyond reputemilagre has a reputation beyond reputemilagre has a reputation beyond reputemilagre has a reputation beyond reputemilagre has a reputation beyond reputemilagre has a reputation beyond reputemilagre has a reputation beyond reputemilagre has a reputation beyond repute

Svetlana, umesto što "šalješ" Delpa u "penziju",olakšaj svima ovde, pa i sebi, penzioniši se sama i ne širi svoju ubistvenu negativnost prema ovom sjajnom momku pred kojim je još toliko toga, takvi "navijači", posebno u ovakvim trenucima, su poslednje što mu treba. Zaista, načitala sam se svačega na ovom forumu,hejteri na sve strane, ali ovo.. takes the cake.
Sorry everyone, but I had to reply to Svetlana T. in our native Serbian, I was so upset with what she had to say, I simply cannot understand how someone can spread this much negativity and towards a player she/he supposedly "supports"(or by now, has been supporting),I mean,what is the point, let the guy be, it cannot possibly be worse for you than it is for him,right? Anyway, he did everything he could at this moment, but it was not to be, I wish him good health and all the luck in the world and in the upcoming season, judging from the first reactions I have read here in Serbia so far, people recognize Spain as the better team and congratulate them, but almost everyone is moved to tears by Delpos own tears,they truly seem to like and admire him and I hope this support only grows with time as he surely deserves it, both as a player and as a human being.
milagre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:44 PM   #85
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by milagre View Post
Svetlana, umesto što "šalješ" Delpa u "penziju",olakšaj svima ovde, pa i sebi, penzioniši se sama i ne širi svoju ubistvenu negativnost prema ovom sjajnom momku pred kojim je još toliko toga, takvi "navijači", posebno u ovakvim trenucima, su poslednje što mu treba. Zaista, načitala sam se svačega na ovom forumu,hejteri na sve strane, ali ovo.. takes the cake.
Sorry everyone, but I had to reply to Svetlana T. in our native Serbian, I was so upset with what she had to say, I simply cannot understand how someone can spread this much negativity and towards a player she/he supposedly "supports"(or by now, has been supporting),I mean,what is the point, let the guy be, it cannot possibly be worse for you than it is for him,right? Anyway, he did everything he could at this moment, but it was not to be, I wish him good health and all the luck in the world and in the upcoming season, judging from the first reactions I have read here in Serbia so far, people recognize Spain as the better team and congratulate them, but almost everyone is moved to tears by Delpos own tears,they truly seem to like and admire him and I hope this support only grows with time as he surely deserves it, both as a player and as a human being.
(as long as you're not swearing in Serbian )
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:16 PM   #86
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Well I will still support him and the only man I truly drool over is my husband ( no matter what tongue and cheek I do here btw). Sveta I also have been following him for almost 5 years now and maybe because I am older and I definitely think wiser with a hell of a lot of experience in everyday issues ( life and death decisions btw) but I am appalled at how you think this is the end of his career. FFS he is 11 in the world ! Maybe he won't be number one but I still think he will have a good career and be able to hold his head high. Give us all a break those of you who are so disappointed that it borders on the bizarre and stop bothering with his tennis. As for the people back home? Well when you are in the public eye sometimes you have to develop a thick skin.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:27 PM   #87
country flag Getta

Quote:

my ignore basket was empty until now, but just now i lined the bottom and half way up the sides with you as moss and i'm ready to press you firmly against.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:29 PM   #88
country flag milagre

milagre has a reputation beyond reputemilagre has a reputation beyond reputemilagre has a reputation beyond reputemilagre has a reputation beyond reputemilagre has a reputation beyond reputemilagre has a reputation beyond reputemilagre has a reputation beyond reputemilagre has a reputation beyond reputemilagre has a reputation beyond reputemilagre has a reputation beyond reputemilagre has a reputation beyond repute

Hola Carlita, no te preocupes, I try not to swear as much as possible( admittedly,not an easy thing to do being from

Serbia)as a rule, plus I would never degrade this m. board in such a way. In short,I told her to make it easier for

everyone and retire herself, instead of telling Delpo to do so,as the last thing he needs are such "supporters",

especially at a time like this. I mean, there is such a thing as constructive criticism and a time for it, but this

(i.e. what she has to say) is none of that and the timing is all wrong.

Oh, sorry, I was so upset I completely fogot my manners, [i]Hello[i]to everyone on this board, fellow Delpo

supporters,and Carlita, huge congratulations to you for Spain winning the Davis cup, I do hope our two teams finnaly

get to play each other next year (and for all the players of both our respective teams to be on top of their games

if/when it happens), lo que un partido que seria,no?
milagre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:31 PM   #89
country flag Svetlana T.
Banned!

Svetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
Well I will still support him and the only man I truly drool over is my husband ( no matter what tongue and cheek I do here btw). Sveta I also have been following him for almost 5 years now and maybe because I am older and I definitely think wiser with a hell of a lot of experience in everyday issues ( life and death decisions btw) but I am appalled at how you think this is the end of his career. FFS he is 11 in the world ! Maybe he won't be number one but I still think he will have a good career and be able to hold his head high. Give us all a break those of you who are so disappointed that it borders on the bizarre and stop bothering with his tennis. As for the people back home? Well when you are in the public eye sometimes you have to develop a thick skin.
OK, just one more post.

Life doesn't give you many opportunites. He was given a chance and he blew it again.

The fact is Peak Potro is/was number 1 potential. Perhaps even GOAT potential. But now you are quick to say he might never be number one. So what went wrong? His talent and shotmaking skills are still there and they are immeasurable. So what happened with the prodigy? OK, the wrist injury was terrible, but he has been back for over a year now and was actually playing better in March than he is now.

The more he loses in this way, the more mental baggage he carries. I know all about it.
Svetlana T. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:38 PM   #90
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:
OK, just one more post.

Life doesn't give you many opportunites. He was given a chance and he blew it again.

The fact is Peak Potro is/was number 1 potential. Perhaps even GOAT potential. But now you are quick to say he might never be number one. So what went wrong? His talent and shotmaking skills are still there and they are immeasurable. So what happened with the prodigy? OK, the wrist injury was terrible, but he has been back for over a year now and was actually playing better in March than he is now.

The more he loses in this way, the more mental baggage he cares. I know all about it.
Now this I actually agree with. He was supposed to be the "goat" but there are so many variables along the way that sometimes it doesn't happen. However his career isn't over yet and I guess I am just one of those people who enjoys watching tennis for the battles that occur on the court. But I don't really care if he becomes number one; that's not important to me as a fan. I just enjoy watching him play- great when he wins and ok when he doesn't.
Do I or will I ever know him personally? No but at least on court and the way he handles himself in the press makes me like him. I had a behind the scenes experience a few years back that made me realize what assholes some of these players really are And he doesn't strike me as that type of asshole. At least I hope not

And life gives you as many opportunities that you sometimes make yourself