Davis Cup 2011 Final in Seville, Spain - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-02-2011, 08:45 PM   #46
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup 2011 Final in Seville, Spain

then they MUST win the doubles...but I want my Fer to win his match too....oh boooooooooooo
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2011, 10:51 PM   #47
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well. Had wanted the whole tie to go to 5 but I have this sinking feeling. Good old Ferru; always the fighter; so awesome really.
Oh the guys must be so depressed.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:53 PM   #48
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

My sincere s to JMDP and his fans after that devastating loss... his tank ran empty after that 3rd set, so sad to see him sobbing in his towel thereafter.

Even if I root for Spain to grab this DC title as much as I do, I'd wished for Del Potro to take this match, if only for it to be just a little more of a true contest. I fear that it's in the bag for Spain now.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:57 PM   #49
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
My sincere s to JMDP and his fans after that devastating loss... his tank ran empty after that 3rd set, so sad to see him sobbing in his towel thereafter.

Even if I root for Spain to grab this DC title as much as I do, I'd wished for Del Potro to take this match, if only for it to be just a little more of a true contest. I fear that it's in the bag for Spain now.
Yep I agree;Spain has it. JM is always so emotional; maybe he feels that he let the team down. But hey Rafa and David are no slouches so I give them total credit for today. Gives new meaning to David slaying Goliath
Old 12-02-2011, 11:04 PM   #50
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
Yep I agree;Spain has it. JM is always so emotional; maybe he feels that he let the team down. But hey Rafa and David are no slouches so I give them total credit for today. Gives new meaning to David slaying Goliath
True.

You know, - apart from his batteries running empty today - I've always had this feeling that Juan Martin might just be too much of genuine gentleman to truly have what it takes to be a ruthless top-champion. He always comes across to me as such a nice gentle fellow - a bit of a 'huggy bear' to be exact. It may well be one of the reasons why I like him.

Understand that this comment doesn't mean that I 'rule him out', or anything the like. He's a GS-champion. Noone can take that away from him, he's fully earned that. Wish him all of the best for the upcoming season!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:48 PM   #51
country flag smitty8

smitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, I wish he had taken that 4th set! I knew he'd run out of gas in a 5th, he was already slowing down. I just want to give him a big hug. He was trying so hard. I hope they get the dubs, just because I want to see a live match between Rafa and Delpo.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:03 AM   #52
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
True.

You know, - apart from his batteries running empty today - I've always had this feeling that Juan Martin might just be too much of genuine gentleman to truly have what it takes to be a ruthless top-champion. He always comes across to me as such a nice gentle fellow - a bit of a 'huggy bear' to be exact. It may well be one of the reasons why I like him.

Understand that this comment doesn't mean that I 'rule him out', or anything the like. He's a GS-champion. Noone can take that away from him, he's fully earned that. Wish him all of the best for the upcoming season!
I totally agree Karin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty8 View Post
OMG, I wish he had taken that 4th set! I knew he'd run out of gas in a 5th, he was already slowing down. I just want to give him a big hug. He was trying so hard. I hope they get the dubs, just because I want to see a live match between Rafa and Delpo.
I know.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:11 AM   #53
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond reputeSasja has a reputation beyond reputeSasja has a reputation beyond reputeSasja has a reputation beyond reputeSasja has a reputation beyond reputeSasja has a reputation beyond reputeSasja has a reputation beyond reputeSasja has a reputation beyond reputeSasja has a reputation beyond reputeSasja has a reputation beyond reputeSasja has a reputation beyond repute

It was so sad to watch. They needed to win that 2nd singles match in order to have a chance to win the Davis Cup
That 4th set was so important to win for him. And you could tell if he lost that he just wasn't able to get that final set

Hope they win the doubles though. Would be a shame if it it all ended after day 2.
Especially with that great atmosphere. The crowd is great
Old 12-03-2011, 08:20 AM   #54
country flag Svetlana T.
Banned!

Svetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana T. has a reputation beyond repute

This is heartbreaking. It could have been a turning point for him, but he has become such a loser, that I wish they had never even made the finals.

In the crucial moments, you can count on him fucking everything up, even against someone like Ferrer he couldn't break to save his life and was constantly getting broken easily with no serve.

That's two times now that he has gifted the Davis cup title to Spain, it is disgusting. I hope he never plays the Davis cup for Argentina again and retires next year if he has some dignity left.
Svetlana T. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:56 PM   #55
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svetlana T. View Post
This is heartbreaking. It could have been a turning point for him, but he has become such a loser, that I wish they had never even made the finals.

In the crucial moments, you can count on him fucking everything up, even against someone like Ferrer he couldn't break to save his life and was constantly getting broken easily with no serve.

That's two times now that he has gifted the Davis cup title to Spain, it is disgusting. I hope he never plays the Davis cup for Argentina again and retires next year if he has some dignity left.
Are you always so negative? All your posts on this player forum tend to be. I have no problems with "fans" spouting off when they are disappointed in an outcome and I will support any poster whom I feel has constructive criticisms but your post is way off base and personal attacks against a player whom you don't know is totally uncalled for. Tennis is a game; sometimes you win and sometimes you lose but for this fan it is time to move on.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:01 PM   #56
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Way to go Sue. Juan is a class act. And I personally still don't think he has made it all the way back yet from that wrist injury. I hope he has a big year in 2012
Old 12-03-2011, 02:05 PM   #57
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
Are you always so negative? All your posts on this player forum tend to be. I have no problems with "fans" spouting off when they are disappointed in an outcome and I will support any poster whom I feel has constructive criticisms but your post is way off base and personal attacks against a player whom you don't know is totally uncalled for. Tennis is a game; sometimes you win and sometimes you lose but for this fan it is time to move on.

I'd like to add that when someone is that disappointed/negative all the time...maybe they are supporting the wrong person. Juan had a great year under the circumstances. He's back at the top and can only continue to improve in 2012. Maybe if this is not good enough for some, they need to find a player whos winning all the time. Good luck with that...coz they don't exist really. Alternative is just to support whoever's at no.1 this week
Old 12-03-2011, 02:22 PM   #58
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry lovely ladies here, don't want to disturb you, just give you and Delpo some s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty8 View Post
There's a good chance Argentina will win the doubles today so it won't be a dead rubber tomorrow and with the present Rafa it's all not so sure. Delpo did play pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlita View Post

I'd like to add that when someone is that disappointed/negative all the time...maybe they are supporting the wrong person. Juan had a great year under the circumstances. He's back at the top and can only continue to improve in 2012. Maybe if this is not good enough for some, they need to find a player whos winning all the time. Good luck with that...coz they don't exist really. Alternative is just to support whoever's at no.1 this week

Exactly, you and Dr Sue are wise as always. What Svetlana said is really not nice, Delpo is still young and will hopefully be even better next year, he gave it his all, just wasn't enough yet against Ferru who has been in top shape lately. He can improve his fitness for the next season.
Sorry for disturbing, I'll be gone now!
Old 12-03-2011, 02:46 PM   #59
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Maria you are always welcome to post here Actually everyone is welcome to post here ( this is a democratic MTF society after all). And I do not mind negative comments in the big scheme of things; just be ready to attract comments back. After all that's what a discussion board is about. Just keep it clean and respectful.

Here is JM's recent tweet after his loss:

"Les agradezco con el corazón todos los mensajes de apoyo, cariño y reconocimiento !!!

I thank you from the heart all the messages of support, affection and recognition!"
Old 12-03-2011, 03:19 PM   #60
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

hi Maria!!!

I dont want Fer to lose but....to make things interesting I might have to sacrifice my boy

The way Ferrer's been playing lately Im pleasantly surprised that Delpo got 2 sets off of him!!! He fought and that's all we can ask for