Copa America Football Thread (Sergio Batista has been sacked) - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-03-2011, 11:44 PM   #46
country flag Sauletekis

Sauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Copa America Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
oh yeah, they like to "share"

now being honest I agree with you, why is Milito playing? any relatively fast forward can eat him for breakfast, hell if things get too bad put Mascherano at CB and Cambiasso at the midfield (desperate measures), it'll still be better than this.

Otamendi is very good, I still don't get why him and Hulk weren't called for their respective NTs after the great season they had at Porto.

Grondona said: "Messi wasn't playing badly, it was the rest of the squad" what an asshole
Yes, Hulk made a crazy season. If he wasn't called to play now, he will never be called. The guy is a force of nature, there is not player with his characteristics in the world.

Ottamendi was not as good as Hulk, of course. He wasn't even an obvious first choice for Porto, cause many many times they played with Rolando and Maicon (being Rolando the player that always played). But with this central defenders, Ottamendi has clearly the level to be first choice. Also think the same about Coloccini...

Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fútbol Club Barcelona, Newcastle United Football Club, FK Vilniaus Žalgiris
Sauletekis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2011, 11:49 PM   #47
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

This tournament has been shit so far, 3 goals in 4 matches? give me a break

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:54 PM   #48
country flag selyoink

selyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes dreadful matches so far. Bolivia have probably been the best team so far as they would've won had their striker not choked on a 1 vs. 1 chance at 1-0 up shortly before the equaliser. Hopefully Chile and Uruguay have something to offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death
i add value to mtf. mtf needs me far more than i need mtf. i have even been offered money (a small monthy salary) to hang out and chill at a couple of other forums.
selyoink is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:40 AM   #49
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Grondona said: "Messi wasn't playing badly, it was the rest of the squad" what an asshole
Actually, that's one of the few statements Grondona has ever made that is easier to agree with. Messi was average, but many of the others were beyond awful.
jayjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:44 AM   #50
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Paraguay/Ecuador was a perfectly decent match, the other three not so much. Copa America usually averages over 3 goals a game for the tournament, don't be surprised if it still ends up being so.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:01 AM   #51
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
Actually, that's one of the few statements Grondona has ever made that is easier to agree with. Messi was average, but many of the others were beyond awful.
still, he shouldn't have said that, he has to support the entire NT, not bandwagon a player

Quote:
Paraguay/Ecuador was a perfectly decent match, the other three not so much. Copa America usually averages over 3 goals a game for the tournament, don't be surprised if it still ends up being so.
To think that Colombia is the only one who has won a match so far

Old 07-04-2011, 01:10 AM   #52
country flag jayjay

Quote:
still, he shouldn't have said that, he has to support the entire NT, not bandwagon a player
I'm glad he said it, it's about times these players - many of whom are very talented - stopped giving the ball to Messi and standing there like lemons waiting for him to beat 10 players by himself.

Quote:
To think that Colombia is the only one who has won a match so far
It's safe to say no one would have thought Argentina and Brazil would fail to win their opening game, especially since it is arguably the easiest game on paper for both in the group - certainly in Brazil's case.

Then again, both played so badly that neither deserved to win in the slightest. I'm actually glad we didn't win, to have come out of that with a 2-1 win and have Batista and the players making out they fought out a gallant victory would have been bullshitting themselves as well as the rest of the world.

I expect Argentina to play well against Colombia, very well. If that game hasn't woken them up, nothing will.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:10 AM   #53
country flag StevoTG

StevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond repute

Thankfully there was alcohol to help me through the Brazil - Venezuela match. The Paraguay - Ecuador math was decent. Feels like the tournament hasn't come to life yet. Could be some tight groups at the end.
StevoTG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:25 AM   #54
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Talking Re: Copa America Football Thread

Quote:
I'm glad he said it, it's about times these players - many of whom are very talented - stopped giving the ball to Messi and standing there like lemons waiting for him to beat 10 players by himself.

It's safe to say no one would have thought Argentina and Brazil would fail to win their opening game, especially since it is arguably the easiest game on paper for both in the group - certainly in Brazil's case.

Then again, both played so badly that neither deserved to win in the slightest. I'm actually glad we didn't win, to have come out of that with a 2-1 win and have Batista and the players making out they fought out a gallant victory would have been bullshitting themselves as well as the rest of the world.

I expect Argentina to play well against Colombia, very well. If that game hasn't woken them up, nothing will.
Don't worry, even if Argentina plays crappily, Colombia will choke in the end

Old 07-04-2011, 01:29 AM   #55
country flag jayjay

Quote:
Don't worry, even if Argentina plays crappily, Colombia will choke in the end
I'm not worried, it would just be nice to see them play well, win, lose or draw. That performance against Bolivia has kind of taken off any enthusiasm I hoped to gain for this team/tournament. My interest and passion for football isn't what it used to be, and that Bolivia game well and truly killed off any even fake passion I could muster for the following few weeks.

I hope we win the tournament, I hope we play well even if we don't, but I can't say I care like I did say 5-10-15 years ago.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:52 AM   #56
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Quote:
I'm not worried, it would just be nice to see them play well, win, lose or draw. That performance against Bolivia has kind of taken off any enthusiasm I hoped to gain for this team/tournament. My interest and passion for football isn't what it used to be, and that Bolivia game well and truly killed off any even fake passion I could muster for the following few weeks.

I hope we win the tournament, I hope we play well even if we don't, but I can't say I care like I did say 5-10-15 years ago.
I hope you can get that passion back, there's nothing better than suffer like a madman when your team is playing

Old 07-04-2011, 01:55 AM   #57
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

has anyone apart from argies/brazil ever won this cup?
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:15 AM   #58
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

^uruguay, paraguay, perú, colombia, ecuador

i think only venezuela, chile, bolivia have nevr won it
Old 07-04-2011, 02:19 AM   #59
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivid23 View Post
wtf are u on?
i'm just stating facts here, son...

in any case, why are these spanish so defensive? this is one of the reasons why most rational people dislike spain in sports. i suggest you and your countrymen get that fixed.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:58 AM   #60
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
i'm just stating facts here, son...

in any case, why are these spanish so defensive? this is one of the reasons why most rational people dislike spain in sports. i suggest you and your countrymen get that fixed.
where? most of our NT guys are well liked, our football clubs are pretty popular, etc; you just hate us

of course there are tools like the guys who haunt MARCA's forum but most of us are pretty cool