How long does it take for you to get ready to get out of the house? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How long do you all take to get out of the house?

I get up and go ASAP. 2 8.33%
10-15 minutes. 7 29.17%
20-30 minutes or more. 7 29.17%
45 minutes to 1 hour. 4 16.67%
Between 1-2 hours. 3 12.50%
So long it feels like I'll never leave! 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2011, 04:37 AM   #1
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default How long does it take for you to get ready to get out of the house?

I know people are going to say "how is this different than other threads you've made", but I've been curious to ask this and I haven't gotten around to it. I want to see how other MTF posters live and their experiences and mentalities, get to understand people better, all that good stuff.

Personally, it takes me at least an hour to get out of the house if I'm going somewhere I need to look presentable. Usually, I'd say it takes 1.5 hours on average, it depends. I need to brush the teeth, shower, wash my hair, pick out the clothes, put them in the drier to take out some of the wrinkles, then steam the clothes, my shoes if they are dirty need to be cleaned, deodorizer and some AXE body spray are required, and I have to adjust my face (yes, you have to adjust the face, the nose, the eyebrows, the lips have to look right, everything needs to come together, I get extremely finicky about that). And I hate putting on my clothes until right before I go out, so they have a fresh and non-worn look.

How long does it take other MTF peeps to get ready to go out wherever you're heading? Do you just get up and go, or do you make sure every detail of yourself is perfect before leaving the house?
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2011, 04:46 AM   #2
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long does it take for you to get ready to get out of the house?

Another thing I don't do is eat before I go out. I never eat before going out. If I'm going to go out, I either just don't eat anything, or if it's late, I'll have dinner in the afternoon and then not eat. Because eating and then going out, first of all you're body is still digesting the food, but also you don't have the same tightness or freshness in your face. I drink water instead.

Anyone else notice that and do they have the same habit?
Old 07-01-2011, 04:51 AM   #3
country flag Ibracadabra

Ibracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond repute

Depends. Going out in general 5 minutes. Going somewhere special maybe 45 minutes.

But he lost 23 times against you.
's right. We have to also throw into the mix. But I do not think it is currently the decisive factor. But he has achieved in my opinion too much. Maybe this is crucial if I move him even closer after major victories. But 14 or 17 Grand Slam titles is a significant difference. At the present time there is no question that he must be the greater player than me.

David Nalbandian
Ibracadabra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:52 AM   #4
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

right after waking up, about 45 min. 30' if i'm in a hurry.

if we're talking about going out of the house in the middle of the way (meaning i already had a shower), then probly around 5 minutes. 10 minutes if i need to change some of my clothes.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:48 AM   #5
country flag DualMedia

DualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond repute

20-30 min. Brush my hair, teeth and my cloths are already set up.
DualMedia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:39 PM   #6
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

I look maaaahvelous at all times, so there is no need to do anything other than step outside at any time and accept the compliments that inevitably are thrown at me.

Every time I get on the down elevator I can sense people edging away to get a better all-over view and I hear the whispers, "Would you just look at that!"
Old 07-01-2011, 04:33 PM   #7
country flag Sofonda Cox
Banned!

Sofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond repute

20-30 mins (more like 30) for work, longer if going somewhere nice
Sofonda Cox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:38 PM   #8
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Well in the morning I usually just wake up, put my shoes on and go wherever I need to go, it only takes like a minute, I just sleep in normal clothes so it's not bad.

Besides that it's like 10 minutes at most for sure.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #9
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

what the hell is "adjust the face", could you kindly elaborate?

In the morning I need 1.5h at leisure, 1h if on a speed emergency. Im very slow in the morning and can't leave the house without having breakfast, shitting, washing, etc.
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:17 PM   #10
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
Another thing I don't do is eat before I go out. I never eat before going out. If I'm going to go out, I either just don't eat anything, or if it's late, I'll have dinner in the afternoon and then not eat. Because eating and then going out, first of all you're body is still digesting the food, but also you don't have the same tightness or freshness in your face. I drink water
Yes... plus in your case a farting colon full of feces wouldn't be conductive to a successful culmination of the night out, I gather.
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:30 PM   #11
country flag samjones

samjones has a reputation beyond reputesamjones has a reputation beyond reputesamjones has a reputation beyond reputesamjones has a reputation beyond reputesamjones has a reputation beyond reputesamjones has a reputation beyond reputesamjones has a reputation beyond reputesamjones has a reputation beyond reputesamjones has a reputation beyond reputesamjones has a reputation beyond reputesamjones has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Personally, it takes me at least an hour to get out of the house if I'm going somewhere I need to look presentable. Usually, I'd say it takes 1.5 hours on average, it depends. I need to brush the teeth, shower, wash my hair, pick out the clothes, put them in the drier to take out some of the wrinkles, then steam the clothes, my shoes if they are dirty need to be cleaned, deodorizer and some AXE body spray are required, and I have to adjust my face (yes, you have to adjust the face, the nose, the eyebrows, the lips have to look right, everything needs to come together, I get extremely finicky about that). And I hate putting on my clothes until right before I go out, so they have a fresh and non-worn look.
I'm a heterosexual. I need 20 minutes to get ready. I'd prefer to have 25 just to preen a bit, but I can do it in 20.
samjones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:23 PM   #12
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
Yes... plus in your case a farting colon full of feces wouldn't be conductive to a successful culmination of the night out, I gather.
Well.......that's the point
Old 07-01-2011, 08:36 PM   #13
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Adjusting the face:

1) Face exercises. 5-10 minutes of stretching your face in an O shape, and then pursing your lips together. Do that, you'll have a thin, tight face, with sharper features.

2) Shaping the nose. I always have to pick and prod the nose, so it's in the right position and looks good. That may sound ridiculous, but what needs to be remembered that outside of the bridge, the nose can be adjusted, the nostrils, the tip, these are muscles. I changed the shape of my nose by adjusting it the way I want.

3) Eyebrows. They have to be perfect, I hate any loose hairs, I'm very meticulous about them, it can take me 30 minutes to do them. My eyes too, I want them to look fresh and healthy, and to do that, I sleep long and try to relax them.

4) Lips. Gotta put on the right lip balm so my lips look healthy, and there is no chapping. Some things work for me, and some don't. The face exercises help the lips look bigger, I've had people say my lips look bigger than before, which is a good thing, but it can be taken too far.

Then cosmetic stuff like face product, facial lotion, hair product.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:20 PM   #14
country flag samjones

samjones has a reputation beyond reputesamjones has a reputation beyond reputesamjones has a reputation beyond reputesamjones has a reputation beyond reputesamjones has a reputation beyond reputesamjones has a reputation beyond reputesamjones has a reputation beyond reputesamjones has a reputation beyond reputesamjones has a reputation beyond reputesamjones has a reputation beyond reputesamjones has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Adjusting the face:

1) Face exercises. 5-10 minutes of stretching your face in an O shape, and then pursing your lips together. Do that, you'll have a thin, tight face, with sharper features.

2) Shaping the nose. I always have to pick and prod the nose, so it's in the right position and looks good. That may sound ridiculous, but what needs to be remembered that outside of the bridge, the nose can be adjusted, the nostrils, the tip, these are muscles. I changed the shape of my nose by adjusting it the way I want.

3) Eyebrows. They have to be perfect, I hate any loose hairs, I'm very meticulous about them, it can take me 30 minutes to do them. My eyes too, I want them to look fresh and healthy, and to do that, I sleep long and try to relax them.

4) Lips. Gotta put on the right lip balm so my lips look healthy, and there is no chapping. Some things work for me, and some don't. The face exercises help the lips look bigger, I've had people say my lips look bigger than before, which is a good thing, but it can be taken too far.

Then cosmetic stuff like face product, facial lotion, hair product.
If I went to all that trouble then I'd probably just stay at home and jerk off into the mirror.
samjones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:23 PM   #15
country flag gaitare

gaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond repute

Flyboy, you've created a damn fine internet persona.
gaitare is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote