News & Articles about Grigor - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-09-2012, 05:07 PM   #121
country flag FedererBulgaria

FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles about Grigor

Such a nice guy
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 08:37 AM   #122
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

New Coach News!!!

http://www.svd.se/sport/nye-federer-...ge_7682222.svd
Google Translate

Quote:
Tennis Star of the Swedish Academy

Tennis Star Grigor Dimitrov moves to Sweden. The 21-year-old Bulgarian leaves her and Serena Williams Common same coach to start training at the academy Good To Great.

"The Child, super talent and new Federer "is reviews Dimitrov lived with for many years and both flattered and weighed him.

His career has not gone dead straight but he is ranked 48 - the youngest of the players in the top 50 - and still talk everything to Bulgarian with its nearly perfected technology becomes one of the sport's biggest names.

SvD can reveal that Dimitrov decided to break off cooperation with the coach Patrick Mouratouglou and now becomes the first international top player in Good To Great.

His career has not gone dead straight but he is ranked 48 - the youngest of the players in the top 50 - and still talk everything to Bulgarian with its nearly perfected technology becomes one of the sport's biggest names.

I look forward to training here, the atmosphere seems very good and I have a great team behind me, says Dimitrov that year after he captured the 2008 junior titles at Wimbledon and the U.S. Open moved to Mouratouglous academy in France.

There, Dimitrov during two seasons as coach Peter Lundgren but Mouratouglou took years of self-responsibility and have seen their mentees reach three semi-finals on the ATP tour, including when the summer's Swedish Open in Bastad.

Mouratouglou, who coaches also damtennisens fixed star Serena Williams has a very good reputation but Dimitrov know that he wants to try something new and that he chooses Good to Great is a good review of the Swedish Academy, which is run by exproffsen Magnus Norman, Nicklas Kulti and Mikael Tillström .

- This is an exciting challenge for us. Our ambition is to develop players to the top of the world and Grigor has enormous potential, says Kulti.

Dimitrov arrived to Sweden on Sunday and is now waiting five weeks of hard training before traveling to Australia and next season's first Grand Slam tournament where he was traveling with The Power.

Does this mean that The Power will be his coach?

- We have a shared responsibility for Grigor says Kulti to believe that the College's new additions will be a spur to the young Swedish talent.

- They can see how he trains and puts up his tennis.

Then Robin Soderling still can not practice at full speed and then no other Swedish is really high class, the question is how Grigor Dimitrov will get good sparring in Sweden.

- The bit I'm not worried. Jarkko (Nieminen) in Finland can come over sometimes and there are more players that may be relevant.

A few years ago Dimitrov was inhibited by the ambient sky-high expectations and constant comparisons with Roger Federer.

But this year, the lågmälde and likeable talent been more relaxed on the course.

"Everyone develops at different rates and it takes the time it takes. I developed all the time and feel confident in it, "he told Svenska Dagbladet during the Swedish Open.

So long Patrick

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Thiem . Paire
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:52 AM   #123
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting news. Norman worked wonders for Soderling so hopefully he can do the same for Grigor. The lack of Swedish talent at the moment also means Grigor should get their full attention which many on here believe was lacking at Patrick's academy. I just hope he gets his head down and works his butt off during the off-season. At the end of the day, that is the most important thing for him right now.
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #124
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute

I am very positively excited about that change!
Good luck, Grigor

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

most beautiful sports: volleyball and tennis
nadejda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:02 PM   #125

FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Well its a good news!Cmonnnnnnnn
Old 11-22-2012, 05:57 AM   #126
country flag RandyE

RandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely great news! I'm not that familiar with the Swedes' coaching style, however, I believe that Grigor will definitely benefit from this change.
RandyE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #127

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Some practice news here

Quote:
Where today and saw when Grigor Dimitrov trained with Good to Great in the SALK. Today was Nicklas Kulti for sparring. It looks fantastic when Grigor play! What technology! Understand that there is much to work with, but with the technology and you have a good start. Kulti looked to have found form too.

Old 11-22-2012, 02:57 PM   #128

There is also videoes in youtube
Old 11-23-2012, 10:24 PM   #129
country flag tuna

tuna has a reputation beyond reputetuna has a reputation beyond reputetuna has a reputation beyond reputetuna has a reputation beyond reputetuna has a reputation beyond reputetuna has a reputation beyond reputetuna has a reputation beyond reputetuna has a reputation beyond reputetuna has a reputation beyond reputetuna has a reputation beyond reputetuna has a reputation beyond repute

Why did he leave Patrick? I thought it's Patrick who helped him reached top 50 at the end.
tuna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:04 AM   #130
country flag RandyE

RandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond reputeRandyE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna View Post
Why did he leave Patrick? I thought it's Patrick who helped him reached top 50 at the end.
Given the fact that Patrick is focused on coaching Serena, it seems that this was a good time to leave the academy. It also shows that he was not completely satisfied with his progress and wasn't afraid to make a change; additionally, knowing that the Swedes don't have anyone else at the moment, Grigor is able to fill a void and get the team's total attention. My (hopefully not too overly optimistic) forecast is that you will see Grigor really come into his own this year. Let's hope he can deliver.
RandyE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #131
country flag kr1s71an

kr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond repute

From Patrick Mouratoglou's Facebook:
Quote:
All the Academy and myself have loved those years spent working with Grigor Dimitrov. He is a great personnality and an unbelievable player. Our ways part sides today. I wish Grigor, that I love, the best in life and in his career. I am sure that his potential and dedication to this sport will lead him very far. Good luck my friend.

Singles: [Rank: #20, Highest: #20]
2014: W: Indian Wells Masters
2012: W: Rio De Janeiro CH

Doubles: [Rank: #108, Highest: #45], Partnering with YEBRA
2014: W: Bucharest
2013: W: Chennai, Delray Beach, Tunis CH
2012: W: Dallas CH, St. Remy CH, Rio De Janeiro CH, Geneva CH
2011: W: Atlanta
kr1s71an is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #132
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Nice comment from Patrick. I know some on here don't rate him highly but I think Patrick was a good coach for Grigor at that stage of his career and they had a genuine friendship. Just because he decided it was time to move on, it doesn't mean he didn't benefit from his time with Patrick.
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #133
country flag kr1s71an

kr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond repute

From Grigor's Facebook:

Quote:
I would like to thank Patrick and the whole Mouratoglou Tennis Academy for all their support. The academy became my home for many years and helped me grow as a player as well as a person. I will miss everyone and I will always keep the years I spent there in a very special place in my heart. Thank you, Patrick and the team!

Singles: [Rank: #20, Highest: #20]
2014: W: Indian Wells Masters
2012: W: Rio De Janeiro CH

Doubles: [Rank: #108, Highest: #45], Partnering with YEBRA
2014: W: Bucharest
2013: W: Chennai, Delray Beach, Tunis CH
2012: W: Dallas CH, St. Remy CH, Rio De Janeiro CH, Geneva CH
2011: W: Atlanta
kr1s71an is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:37 PM   #134

Thats really nice : ))
Old 12-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #135

Magnus Norman's Interview

Quote:
CL: Grigor Dimitrov was one of the world's top juniors at age 14 and one of the rare players of that age singled out for ATP stardom even then. He has by no means been a failure, but people have had such high expectations for him for a long time. How do you handle that as a coach?

MN: First of all, everything went very fast with Grigor before I went to the States with the juniors, so I only met him a couple of times back home. He's started to work with Mikael Tillstrom and Nicklas Kulti and he's going to travel to Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne with Tillstrom. I haven't been on the court with him yet, so I don't know him personally that well to be able to say this or that, but I think what is so good with me and Mikael and Nicklas is that we all have pretty different backgrounds.

Nicklas was also in exactly the same position as Grigor was: he was No. 1 in the world as a junior, won (junior) grand slams when he was 16 and the expectations were skyrocketing, that he was the new Borg. He was also Top 30 in the world, so he was not a failure, but the expectations were so high. So I think Nicklas has a lot of things to contribute to Grigor in terms of how he should handle the pressure, that situation. But he's still young, still with a lot of things to develop, so it's going to be interesting to work with him in the next couple of years.