News & Articles about Grigor - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-18-2012, 04:56 AM   #91
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles about Grigor

Twitter exchange between Patrick and a British media.

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Paire . Dimitrov . Thiem
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #92

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

More interview

Quote:
Grigor Dimitrov: "I love Queen's"

The 21-year-old Bulgarian has oodles of talent and loves playing on the grass, especially at the Aegon Championships

No wonder Grigor Dimitrov loves the Aegon Championships. The grass-court tournament at Queen’s Club in West London gave the Bulgarian a wild card in 2009 and 2010, having identified him as an emerging talent, and this week he has been living up to his promise as an exceptional grass-court player.

“I love this tournament,” Dimitrov said. “I played as a junior here, so I feel absolutely great every time I'm here. I like the whole atmosphere, the crowd, the club. You can feel the history. I think many players in the locker room are also very pleased to be here. I think it's great preparation for all the upcoming tournaments. I'm extremely happy because I know the place now much better, and the people are very nice with me – and also because I'm winning as well.”

Dimitrov, who reached the second round in his first two appearances at Queen’s, fell at the first hurdle last year when he was beaten by Thomaz Bellucci. This year has been his best effort so far. He has reached the quarter-finals with victories over Bobby Reynolds, Gilles Muller and Nicolas Mahut.

The world No 72 said he enjoyed playing on grass. “You cannot predict what's going to happen,” he said. “Everything happens so fast. You cannot practise a certain situation there. I think you also have to have a bit of imagination and just improvise when you go out there. Grass is one of the surfaces on which you can do absolutely different things.”

Having recorded his first victory over a top 10 opponent when he beat Tomas Berdych in Miami in March, 21-year-old Dimitrov is starting to realise his much-vaunted potential. “There are so many things that you’ve got to improve on the tour,” he said. “You have a couple of [younger players] who are up there already, but if you look at the average age of the guys who are in the top 20 they’re 27 years old.”

Old 06-26-2012, 03:19 PM   #93
country flag iva_ds87

iva_ds87 has a reputation beyond reputeiva_ds87 has a reputation beyond reputeiva_ds87 has a reputation beyond reputeiva_ds87 has a reputation beyond reputeiva_ds87 has a reputation beyond reputeiva_ds87 has a reputation beyond reputeiva_ds87 has a reputation beyond reputeiva_ds87 has a reputation beyond reputeiva_ds87 has a reputation beyond reputeiva_ds87 has a reputation beyond reputeiva_ds87 has a reputation beyond repute

Grisha is in the Olympics singles tournament!!!

http://www.tennispanorama.com/archives/27737
iva_ds87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #94
country flag geansy

geansy is on a distinguished road

great!!!!
geansy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:57 AM   #95

Comparison to Federer won't stop,

In Dimitrov, Winning Echoes of Federer

Quote:
The rapidly improving Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov, nicknamed Baby Fed by tennis observers, made a telling comment in his news conference after his upset win over 32nd-seeded Kevin Anderson. When asked about comparisons between his game and Roger Federer’s, Dimitrov, while acknowledging the “great compliment,” gave an honest assessment of his game: “I’ve not got to the second week of a Grand Slam yet and have not won an ATP event or reached the top 20 … I need to progress a lot and can’t cut any corners.”

That last phrase about not cutting corners showed Dimitrov’s growing maturity. The No. 1-ranked junior in the world in 2008 (he won the junior singles titles at Wimbledon and the United States Open), Dmitrov has game whose style was clearly modeled on Roger Federer’s, especially with his one-handed backhand and platform serve. But he has struggled to live up to the expectations thrust upon him at an early age. This year, under the guidance of the French coach Patrick Mouratoglou, Dimitrov has worked hard to improve his fitness and mental game.

On Tuesday against Anderson, the 21-year-old Bulgarian played a remarkably clean, mentally focused match. He hit 71 winners in the four-set victory, while making only 21 unforced errors. He never lost his serve, saving 11 break points with clutch serving. Dimitrov maintained an even keel emotionally throughout the match, even after faltering in the third-set tiebreaker.

Dimitrov’s serve was dominant, as he served 24 aces, four more than the big-serving Anderson. He often used a chip return off of both sides, blocking the ball back deep to get into the point. This is a favorite ploy of Federer’s, and it is fascinating to see Dimitrov construct points that look like Federer facsimiles.

He served wide to the deuce court, then went back to Anderson’s forehand corner, replicating Federer’s favorite deuce court pattern. And the wrist release on his one-handed backhand looks almost identical to Federer’s, as does the chip backhand.

One key statistic from the match showed Dimitrov’s growing discipline in his shot selection. Anderson came to the net 69 times but won only 36 points. Dimitrov did a superb job of rarely missing a passing shot. He did not always go for a winner, but he made Anderson stretch and bend on countless first volleys. In other words, he did not look for any shortcuts; he made Anderson play difficult transition volleys. With the combination of an improved mental game, powerful serving and a stingy approach to unforced errors, Dimitrov could well be a threat to go deep in the draw.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:19 AM   #96
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute

very dull article indeed

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

most beautiful sports: volleyball and tennis

Last edited by nadejda : 06-27-2012 at 06:28 AM.
nadejda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:53 AM   #97

DIMITROV READY TO LIVE UP TO POTENTIAL

Quote:
He’s been called “Baby Fed” and the looks, style and grace of Grigor Dimitrov suggest people are not far off the mark when they make a comparison with the great Roger Federer.

The Bulgarian youngster’s growing maturity helped him upset No.32 seed Kevin Anderson in an epic 7-5, 7-6(3), 6-7 (4), 6-3 contest with plenty of sensational tennis in the offing with neither man giving an inch.

It can only be a matter of time before Dimitrov produces something special on the senior tour. Now 21, he burst on the scene in Wimbledon in 2008 by winning the junior event to ensure links with Federer.

Against Anderson, Dimitrov kept his cool and his play and attitude was very similar to a certain Swiss ace. He was always ahead of his higher-ranked opponent but Dimitrov wants to be his own man.

“It’s a great compliment but it’s tough to compare someone who has not been established yet,” he said. “I’ve not got to the second week of Grand Slam yet and have not won an ATP tournament or reached the top twenty. I’m flattered but I’m sure when time goes by people will change their view. I want to be me and myself.

“There’s lots of work to do and I need to stay healthy. I need to progress a lot and can’t cut corners.”

The world No.69 had beaten Anderson in three sets in the quarter-finals at Queen’s a fortnight and certainly on this evidence Dimitrov can go far.

Given their recent meeting, it was no surprise that this was tight, tense tussle from the start, not helped by a rain delay.

Both players were serving well but it was Dimitrov who stole the advantage, taking his first set point on the Anderson serve at 5-6 with the South African firing long at the net.

Dimitrov’s ability to win the big points proved decisive and his never-say-die attitude helped him come through a brilliant third game in the second set, saving six break points in the process with both men at the top of their games.

It seemed inevitable that Dimitrov would claim the tie-break, which he did 7-3, thanks to a flying volley at set point.

But giant Anderson is not a player who takes things lying down and he was back in the match as Dimitrov’s own game dipped for the first time towards the end of the third set.

Having saved break points in two consecutive service games, Dimitrov was second best in the tie-break and Anderson took it 7-4.

However the Bulgarian rediscovered his touch and put the pressure on his opponent. Anderson netted to leave Dimitrov serving for the match. With his booming deliveries, which included 24 aces, there was never any doubt that Dimitrov would close the match after three hours and 29 minutes.

“I would like to get into the second week – and why not go even further?” he said. “I’m trying to embrace the moments here and have flashbacks to four years ago. Grass is a special place and it is great you can enjoy a couple of weeks per year on it.”

Grigor Dimitrov seems ready to live up to his huge potential.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:57 AM   #98

Tignor thought it was a good match

Quote:
Best Match
Or at least the best match that I watched a significant chunk of: Grigor Dimitrov’s 7-5, 7-6 (3), 6-7 (4), 6-3 win over Kevin Anderson. It’s wasn’t a barn-burner, but it offered a lot of shot-making, especially from Dimitrov’s side—I love the abbreviated flick backhand pass—and it forced him to hang in there and take his opportunities when he could against a big server. Three-out-of-five is still a tremendous test, mentally and physically, and you could see Anderson tire just a bit at the end. Dimitrov, who likes grass and seems to have developed a following in London, plays Baghdatis next. The winner might get Andy Murray.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:36 AM   #99

Bulgaria's Dimitrov Sick and Tired of 'Baby Fed' Nickname

Quote:
The rapidly improving Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov says he hates when being nicknamed Baby Fed by tennis observers.

"I am sick and tired of comparisons between my game and Roger Federer's. I have not won a single ATP event and I have reached only number 69 in the world ranking," the Bulgarian shared in an honest interview for the Swedish site tennissverige.se.

On Thursday, Dimitrov, world number 69, moved to the last eight, after defeating Portugal's Frederico Gil in straight sets 6-3, 6-4 in the second round of the SkiStar Swedish Open on Bastad, Sweden.

It took the Bulgarian just an hour and 21 minutes to beat Frederico in an easy match.

Dimitrov is drawn to play the third seed, Albert Ramos of Spain, in the quarter-finals.

"The atmosphere here is fantastic. People are so relaxed and not worring about anything. In terms of tennis I hope to show the best," the Bulgarian said.

"I think I have been playing pretty good tennis recently. I felt pretty good at Wimbledon, but unfortunately had to quit over health concerns. This is really a pity, but I hope I will manage to finish the season with good performances."

For 21-year-old pointed out that the transition between junior and professional tennis is difficult and requires time and patience:

"It takes time to understand the game of professional tennis players and know them personally. One should learn how to feel at home ATP tournaments and learn how to prepare best for them. It's all about experience and personal growth."

Old 07-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #100

Got a mention from Milos

Quote:
Which player on tour do you think...
Is the quickest? Hard to name one. David Ferrer, Grigor Dimitrov and Bjorn Phau can all run a fast 40-metre sprint. You’d need to get out the stopwatch.

Old 07-13-2012, 01:27 PM   #101
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute

that is a funny statement from Milos

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

Old 07-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #102

Grigor said he knew Ramos very well Anybody knows the connection? Prob when he trained in Spain?

Quote:
"I think today was mainly mental with us as we have known each other for quite a long time and I know how he plays," said Dimitrov. "He is a typical clay courter running around and waiting for his opponent to make a mistake. I don’t think I played at my best, but I think mentally I was there so I think that really helped me a lot. In the end, winning is winning and I think that is the most important thing today."

Old 07-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #103
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadejda View Post
that is a funny statement from Milos
i don't see why it is funny. Grigor is lightning fast around the court and chases down balls other players wouldn't even attempt.
Hypnotize is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:46 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
i don't see why it is funny. Grigor is lightning fast around the court and chases down balls other players wouldn't even attempt.
I also find it a bit surprising that Grigor (and Phau) was on Milos' mind They haven't played or on the same tour with each other that often. Ferrer - I can understand, everyone on the tour knows and respects his speed, endurance.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:29 AM   #105
country flag nadejda

Albert Ramos and Grigor have been training in Barcelona and they know each other well.
I find it funny, becuase as being asked about something like that it is normal to say - example - Djokovic or Nadal or Ferrer or even Phau or Goffin - who are even faster than Grigor.
Sure Grigor is fast but there are other names coming in mind to answer a question like that! Didn't knew Grigor has a reputation of a fast player to such a degree

Grigor Dimitrov

Sampras & Safin