News & Articles about Grigor - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-04-2012, 09:53 AM   #46
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles about Grigor

Interesting article:

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=135356

Tsvetana Pironkova and Grigor Dimitrov, the most successful current Bulgarian tennis players, caught the attention of TV giant CNN which has included them in a feature.

Dimitrov (19) and Pironkova (24) participated in a demonstrative game against Bethanie Mettek-Sands and former Wimbledon winner Pat Cash in Australia's Perth, after which they gave interviews for CNN, the Bulgarian dnevnik.bg informs.

According to a representative of the Bulgarian tennis federation, the two Bulgarian youngsters are enjoying quite a big interest on behalf of local media at Hopman Cup where the Balkan country is making its debut.

On Monday, Tsvetana Pironkova and Grigor Dimitrov won the mixed doubles 2-6 6-3 (11:9) against the Czech Republic.

However, the prestigious victory came after Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova and Tomas Berdych won singles matches to give Czech Republic a 2-1 win over Bulgaria.

The Bulgarians are facing Denmark in their next games.
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2012, 09:30 AM   #47
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Great article on Grigor

http://boxscorenews.com/young-star-d...-p30070-68.htm

Grigor Dimitrov is the second youngest player at the 24th Hyundai Hopman Cup, aged only 20, and the world No. 76 Bulgarian beaten Denmark’s Frederik Nielsen and forced world No. 7 Tomas Berdych to three sets so far in his first appearance in Perth.

Dimitrov is teaming up with another young gun, Tsvetana Pironkova, and the pair have shown promise in both their Ties this week so far.

They lost to the top-seed Czech Republic on Monday, but bounced back to defeat Denmark 2-1 on Wednesday to keep their hopes alive of playing in Saturday's Final.

Bulgaria will face the No. 4 seed American team of Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Mardy Fish now on Friday with the chance of them making the Final if they beat the USA comprehensively and Denmark also beats the Czech Republic.

Dimitrov is a player on the rise in the men's game and that has come after an outstanding junior career.

He won junior Wimbledon and US Open Grand Slam titles in 2008 and was ranked No. 1 in the junior rankings in 2009.

He went on to play professionally for the first time that year and at Rotterdam impressively defeated Tomas Berdych, only to be knocked out by Rafael Nadal later in the tournament.

The 20-year-old has found the adjustment to the men's game a hard one, but one that he is getting more accustomed to all the time.

"I think it’s really hard. I thought I was there when I was No. 1 in juniors but I was not even near them," Dimitrov said.

"I had to find a way to improve my game and find the right strategy and the right selections of shots so there’s still a long way to go,” Dimitrov said.

Dimitrov became the top ranked Bulgarian male tennis player of all time at No. 85 in January 2011 and the 20-year-old has a big career ahead of him.

Looking at his past matches in the last few months, Dimitrov has come up against big names Andy Roddick, Jo-Wilfred Tsonga and Andy Murray and taken four games off each player in every set, taking Tsonga and Roddick to tie-breaks also.

On Tuesday, Dimitrov defeated Nielsen in two sets 7-6, 6-2 with neither player breaking serve in the first set until the end of the tie break finishing the Tie 7-5.

"It was definitely a tough match against Frederik and I expected it to be the way it was. The guy was attacking at every opportunity," Dimitrov said.

"I had to stay ahead of the point all the time. I got a good look in some shots and he played great tennis and of course there were lots of supporters here and you can’t go without them so they kept me going as well.

"He (Nielson) was receiving my serves pretty well so I had to come up with another strategy, as the match went on I had to change something in every point or serve in different spots so I was double faulting sometimes but I kept my guard down and I just stepped when I had to."

In his first trip to Perth, Dimitrov is enjoying the start to 2012.

"I think it’s a great city. It's my first time here and matches like this, if you can get in early in the year is fantastic," Dimitrov said.

Bulgaria go on to play USA in a double-header on Friday going up against world No. 8 Fish, in a must win match for Bulgaria to have any chance of making the Final.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #48
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute

this is a detailed overview about the incident between Grigor and Mardy

http://straightsets.blogs.nytimes.co...Sets&seid=auto
Quote:
Tensions Run High in Australia

PERTH, Australia — Tempers flared repeatedly Friday in singles and mixed doubles matches at the Hyundai Hopman Cup between top-ranked American Mardy Fish and the 20-year-old Bulgarian Grigor Dmitrov, tensions that peaked with the two needing to be separated by a tournament official during a changeover.

With the Czech Republic having already won Group A earlier in the day, the final round-robin tie of the tournament could have become the sort of low-stakes “hit-and-giggle” that often takes place in relatively meaningless tennis matches, especially common in mixed doubles.

The women’s singles match that began the tie went without incident, as the 55th-ranked American Bethanie Mattek-Sands earned her first victory of the tournament with a workmanlike effort against 46th-ranked Bulgarian Tsvetana Pironkova, winning 6-4, 6-4.

But Fish, 30, seemed to take issue with the Bulgarian’s intensity in the singles match, and appeared to have some harsh words for the 76th-ranked Dmitrov at the net when the two shook hands after Dmitrov had reeled off a 6-2, 6-1 victory in just 58 minutes.

According to Tim Gossage of Channel 10 in Australia, Fish was given a code violation warning during the match for spitting in the direction of a block of flag-waving Bulgarian fans who were sitting several rows above the court.

In his interview after the singles match (which was his first career victory over a top ten player) Dmitrov seemed stunned by the eighth-ranked Fish’s behavior.

“Um, I think it’s better if you ask him,” Dmitrov said.

“It’s a thing, obviously, that maybe he wasn’t happy, but I’m sorry if I did something wrong. I’m going to also apologize to him in the lockers when I see him, but I don’t want to say much else about it.”

But rather than calming down after the short break between matches, tensions only escalated in the mixed doubles.

With Fish serving and trailing 1-3, Dmitrov hit a return, slipped, then scrambled to his feet and smacked a forehand winner past Mattek-Sands on his next shot. After staring down Dmitrov, between points, Fish sent his next serve (which was to be served to Pironkova) flying past Dmitrov. Dmitrov then closed toward the middle of the court for Fish’s second serve, standing practically on top of the center service line in encroachment and intimidation. A long, oft-spectacular rally ensued on that point, with Fish and Grigor sending smashes at one another almost exclusively. When Bulgaria eventually prevailed in the exchange, Dmitrov let out a roar toward the Bulgarian box and gave a fist pump.

Fish continued to target Dmitrov throughout the rest of the game, eventually holding serve to pull the Americans within 3-2.

During the ensuing changeover, Fish , who had taken his seat, shouted across at Dmitrov, who had never taken his seat. After the two argued from a distance for some time, the American walked over to the Bulgarian’s side of the court (where he was set to next play) and the two continued to argue, eventually being seperated by a tournament official. The two continued to talk back and forth for the duration of the changeover, eventually departing to their respective baselines once their female partners rose to join them.

In a nod to the rising tensions, the Hopman Cup DJ played Bobby McFerrin’s “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” during the next changeover, eliciting laughter from the crowd.

While the rest of the match remained tense, no further confrontations occurred. After Bulgaria sealed an 8-5 victory in the proset when Fish’s final forehand volley found the net, the two teams shook hands. Dmitrov and Fish spoke briefly again at the net, without incident.

The win made the underdog Bulgarians the only team to have won three round-robin doubles matches at the Hopman Cup this year.

Dmitrov spoke briefly about the incident on Bulgarian television network BNT after the doubles match.

It’s evident I’ve offended him with something, but I have no idea with what,” Dmitrov said.

“Things he said weren’t pretty, but clearly he is a top ten player and during the match no one said anything to him.”

Fish declined to comment directly on the incidents as he left the Burswood Dome, instead indicating that the scoreline of his matches was the only explanation needed for what had transpired. Fish, who won the Hopman Cup with Serena Williams in 2008, won only 2 of his 12 sets at the event this week.

Dmitrov boarded a transcontinental red-eye to Sydney immediately following the match to play a qualifying match at the Apia International Sydney, Saturday morning at 11 a.m. Sydney time, roughly nine hours after the mixed doubles in Perth ended. Dmitrov won the match in three sets against Estonian Jürgen Zopp.

Fish, who had lamented the brevity of his off-season after his match Wednesday, will play next week at the AAMI Kooyong Classic exhibition tournament in Melbourne.

Tournament referee Soren Friemel said that he would be filing a match report with the I.T.F., but did not expect any further discipline to be handed down.
I tweeted to the author of this article and hopefully he will change Grigor's name and spell it correctly - Dimitrov.

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

most beautiful sports: volleyball and tennis

Last edited by nadejda : 01-07-2012 at 08:01 PM.
nadejda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:28 PM   #49
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute

there is also a video here
unfortunately I couldn't quite understand it all as I am not native in English, so please someone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYT3y...ature=youtu.be

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

Old 01-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #50
country flag nadejda

http://www.thetennisspace.com/on-cou...r-comparisons/

Grigor Dimitrov: "burned out" by Federer comparisons

Quote:
Arguably the most talented of the new generation, the 20-year-old Bulgarian talks to The Tennis Space about “getting burned out” by comparisons with Roger Federer, about the occasion he shoved an umpire in the chest (“I did a bad thing”), and how he loves the weather in England (“I don’t know what’s wrong with me”).

When you won junior Wimbledon in 2008, your style of play was compared to Roger Federer. You even look a bit like him. Is that a good thing, or a bad thing? “At one stage I was sort of getting burned out. I was like, ‘come on people, the guy is the greatest player of all time and I was 180 in the world when they first said that’. I can’t say we don’t have similarities, certainly on some shots. But people can only see what’s on the surface; they can’t see what’s on the bottom or what’s on the inside. With time, I think people will realise that my mentality’s probably different but you can’t really compare anything, except shot-wise. I have a very different vision than most of the people on the tour, I would say. Hopefully I will get better and better and then I can release some of what’s really going on.”

You spend quite a lot of time in England, I understand? “I love England. I love the weather there – I don’t know why or what’s wrong with me. I actually could see myself living there. I was planning to move there. I enjoy to walk in the parks. Sometimes on Saturdays and Sundays I take the train (from his home in Paris) – it’s so great – there’s such a lot to do there, museums, walk around the river.”

What about football? “I play a lot of soccer and I like Manchester United. They have a Bulgarian too (Dimitar Berbatov). I like watching soccer a lot. I lived in Barcelona for two years and went every week to watch the matches. It was fascinating to watch the way they played.”

They used to have Hristo Stoichkov? “Exactly. He was a great player, unbelievable player. I am actually great friends with him now. But I think he’s in Africa hunting lions these days.”

I hate to bring it up, but you had an incident at a tournament in Helsinki at the end of 2010 (when he pushed an umpire in the chest)? “I did a very bad thing, I admit that. I admit that totally. I’m not that type of person at all. The situation was, there was a lot of pressure on both of us, it was a very important match and I just…basically I just tried to disconnect after this match. I really didn’t think about it afterwards. But I think it’s a learning thing. It was a big thing for me but I tried to forget about it. I didn’t want to speak about it because there’s obviously no point, it’s in the past, you can’t change the past.”

Do you learn more from mistakes than the things you do well? “Of course, sometimes you’ve got to lose maybe a lot of matches just to realise your mistakes. I take every match as a learning process. To me when I lose a match, I lose, but when I don’t lose something else, like my favourite people, or something like that. I can lose, but losing is also winning.”

You have a lot of variety in your game – might it take you longer to fulfil your potential than someone, for example, who relies on a big serve? “I think it will take me longer, definitely. Even in practice, I make mistakes and I don’t know why. When the ball comes I have a million ideas coming into my head, so sometimes I just laugh at myself, because I’ve got it all but I’ve just got to put it in order. Despite the fact I can be even better, it’s a bit scary.”

You’re nicknamed PrimeTime and you’ve said in the past you think you have the ability to be number one one day. What’s your immediate goal? “Being between 70 and 80 (where he is now) – and getting to the top 40 – I think that’s the biggest jump of all time. You need those big points. I wish I could buy them. I think when you enter the top 40, from then on, you think everything is possible. This thing between 80 and even 40, you need to guts it out. It’s just about working hard and believing.”

Grigor Dimitrov

Sampras & Safin

Old 01-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #51
country flag nadejda

here is a very interesting article - interview with Patrick Mouratoglu about the match between Chardy and Grigor

http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2...-proteges.html

it is in French

here are some parts (google translation)

Quote:
Mouratoglou presents its protected

The draw was cruel. Patrick Mouratoglou see his two proteges, Jeremy Chardy and Grigor Dimitrov, compete in the first round. The coach sketch their portraits.

Patrick Mouratoglou it would be fine. As at Roland Garros , the coach sees his two proteges, Jeremy Chardy and Grigor Dimitrov, compete in the first round. To avoid misunderstandings, it will look surely the game on TV, "Without me up for another, I do not feel like they look at me, wondering if I am for one or the other. I do not feel that this affects the game. The first match at Roland Garros was heavy. Jeremy and I was coaching there, I train everyone and anyone. Today I am much more neutral, but it is not clear. It's painful. I have decided to be with the two before the game. During the match, I prefer to step back. "Until the meeting on Monday on court No. 8, we draw a little portrait of two players.

Their personality:

"Jeremy is a football player. Jeremy is a team player in an individual sport. Moreover, it was very good in Davis Cup and unbeaten in team match in 2011. It's an emotional. It is super generous, which is quite unusual in tennis where the players are very egocentric. When in a team atmosphere, it is very good. This is also why he has experienced a difficult year last year. A team player who loses his team, it's not easy. "" Grigor is a star (laughs). It is not like everyone else. He likes to shine and that what he does is brilliant. This guy is made to be a star, it will not be anything else. He will always try the most complicated things. It's an aesthetic in all areas.» He is interested in everything. "

Stories that say a lot:

"Since he plays tennis, Jeremy has never won a match in January. He warned me before we started working together. This year, on Wednesday the first week, it rains in Noumea and he could not play its first match. He could not wait and he sends me a text message on Wednesday: "the only good thing: this is the first time I'm still in the race on Wednesday the first week of the year" (Editor's note : he finally won the title). It has a lot of fun. Jeremy often talks about joking. We must therefore take his jokes seriously as it is sometimes a real pain behind the humor. "" On the Blackberry, Grigor only takes pictures in the profiles. At home, you feel like returning to a museum. These are not works of art, but is licked to the millimeter. He visited the galleries, it's a real aesthetic. In his cottage at the academy, everything has been carefully chosen. We must remove shoes when you enter. Everything must be perfect. He is a perfectionist in everything. Everything is sought. It is manic to the last degree. It's a complex personality.

Grigor Dimitrov

Sampras & Safin

Old 01-15-2012, 10:20 PM   #52
country flag Hypnotize

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadejda View Post
here is a very interesting article - interview with Patrick Mouratoglu about the match between Chardy and Grigor

http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2...-proteges.html

it is in French

here are some parts (google translation)
Interesting article and Grigor sounds like a very complex character.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:02 PM   #53
country flag nadejda

it turn out Grigor is hanging with Serena Williams in Paris

http://www.tennis24.bg/g3h4i2j1l9594...BA%D0%B8).html

Grigor Dimitrov

Sampras & Safin

Old 02-02-2012, 06:26 AM   #54
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Not the kind of news I expected or believed... (funny though)

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/sere...2iEJVOXPLrgABO

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Paire . Dimitrov . Thiem
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:26 AM   #55
country flag nadejda

OMG!

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/sere...2iEJVOXPLrgABO

Serena’s new match

Quote:
Has Serena Williams moved on from her romance with Common to another tennis star? The former women’s No. 1 was spotted out in Paris on Monday with Bulgarian tennis pro Grigor Dimitrov. A spy tells us the pair had lunch at hip restaurant L’Avenue, and then left together for a romantic stroll on the streets of Paris, where Williams has an apartment. They were also spotted visiting the Eiffel Tower. Despite the age gap — Dimitrov is 20 and Williams 30 — the spy said, “They were laughing and seemed to really enjoy each other’s company. It looked like a first date.” Williams and rapper/actor Common dated on and off for a few years before splitting in 2010. Williams was back in Boston last night for Fed Cup matches against Belarus.

it is strange though they didn't mention the group was 4 people and someone mentioned on twitter one of the other girls was Grigor's girlfriend.
Anyway this is very funny!

Grigor Dimitrov

Sampras & Safin

Last edited by nadejda : 02-02-2012 at 06:38 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:27 AM   #56
country flag nadejda

Blue, we were posting simultaniously

Grigor Dimitrov

Sampras & Safin

Old 02-02-2012, 06:35 AM   #57
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Serena you cougar you

Yea that was funny
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:23 AM   #58
country flag grishotarian

grishotarian grishotarian grishotarian grishotarian grishotarian grishotarian grishotarian grishotarian grishotarian grishotarian grishotarian

Serena and Grigor Im inlove with that idea
grishotarian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #59
country flag FedererBulgaria

FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

ahahhah love it
Old 02-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #60
country flag nadejda

it turned out this Serena and Grigor "news" is everywhere:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...rigor-dimitrov

http://msn.foxsports.com/tennis/stor...n-paris-020112

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/24...-dimitrov.html

http://www.rucuss.com/gossip/couple-...igor-dimitrov/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...2FqvUd+(Tennis)

Grigor Dimitrov

Sampras & Safin