News & Articles about Grigor - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-30-2011, 02:13 PM   #31
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles about Grigor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadejda View Post
BTW Grigor was spotted at 8 am going to the tennis courts in his howm town together with his father.
He really is training even when at home
Haha, good for him.

His answers to questions about McNamara being his coach in the future were interesting. They clearly get on but it's not a great endorsement if he brings his father in to help with his coaching. It's fine in the short term but he needs to either put his full faith in McNamara or find a new coach.
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2011, 02:30 PM   #32
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
Haha, good for him.

His answers to questions about McNamara being his coach in the future were interesting. They clearly get on but it's not a great endorsement if he brings his father in to help with his coaching. It's fine in the short term but he needs to either put his full faith in McNamara or find a new coach.
I got the feeling he was playing best when being with his father as coach. His father knows him very well not only as a technique but also as a character and psyche. Grigor mentioned his father many times in interviews and how much he influenced him. I guess his father thought he reached the top with him and Grigor needs a more professional coach to bring him on a higher level. Lundgren had mentioned once that he is not disturbing the coaching process, but helping it. Overall I got the impression Grigor's father doesn't mind to play a supportive role, not a main one as long as it helps his son. Just look at his results the last few tournaments. He really helped Grigor a lot.

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

most beautiful sports: volleyball and tennis
nadejda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:45 PM   #33
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr1s71an View Post
http://www.tenniskafe.com/%D0%B1%D1%...9A%D1%8A%D0%BF

And another interview with Grisho - talking about his work with McNamara, Hopman Cup and his talk with John McEnroe at US Open
here is the video to this interview:
http://www.btv.bg/sport/tenis/story/...bya_vyara.html

BTW I notice something which wasn't mention in the article, but it is on the video.
Q: What separates you from the top 10 players?
Grigor then showing with his thumb and index finger how little is that.
Q: So that is about 60 places?
G: (laughing)Yes, that is about 60 places!

This is the first part of the interview. The other part will be shown on 6th of November.

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

Old 10-31-2011, 01:13 AM   #34
country flag chantelle

chantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
Another good interview and again, he is saying all the right things that lead me to believe he will work hard in the off-season. I didn't understand the comment about Federer in the earlier article because it didn't translate that well. Did Federer say something negative about Grigor copying his style of play?
http://www.faz.net/aktuell/sport/meh...n-1637868.html
Here's the original report of Roger's interview in German

Q: Der junge Bulgare Grigor Dimitrow wird oft mit Ihnen verglichen. Kann es einen zweiten Federer geben?
(Q: The young Bulgare Grigor Dimitrov is often compared with you. Can there be a second Federer?)

F: Dimitrows Spielweise ähnelt meiner technisch extrem. Aber es sollte nicht das Ziel von Spielern sein, andere zu imitieren. Ich sehe jetzt viele Spieler, die versuchen wie Nadal zu spielen, obwohl es gar nicht ihr Spiel ist. Ich habe immer gesagt, du musst deinen eigenen Stil finden. Am Anfang meiner Karriere wurde ich oft mit Sampras verglichen, obwohl er Serv-und-Volley spielte, was ich nie wirklich gemacht habe. Es wird nie eine zweite Martina Hingis, einen zweiten Pete Sampras oder einen zweiten Roger Federer geben.
(F: Dimitrovs play resembles technically mine extremely. But it should not be the goal of players of imitating others. I see now many players try to play like Nadal, although it is not at all their play. I always said, you must find your own style. At the beginning of my career I was often compared with Sampras, although he played Serv and Volley, which I never really did. There will never be a second Martina Hingis, second Pete Sampras or second Roger Federer.)

I think Roger didn't mean anything bad and I also think Grisho gradually develops his style but just not mature yet. Wish the whole new Grisho will show the more powerful and skillful play in 2012
chantelle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:48 AM   #35
country flag nadejda

one small video here:
http://www.btv.bg/shows/tazi-sutrin/..._Bulgaria.html

Grigor Dimitrov

Sampras & Safin

Old 11-06-2011, 05:10 PM   #36
country flag nadejda

here is the second part of the video for btv he gave:
http://www.btv.bg/action/predavania/..._Dimitrov.html

there is a resume of this interview here:
http://www.tenniskafe.com/%D0%B1%D1%...BB%D0%B5%D0%BC

one more video also here:
http://www.btv.bg/video/1723817243-Z...zvan_nego.html

and what he says in this vodieo you can find out here:
http://www.tenniskafe.com/%D0%B1%D1%...80%D1%82%D0%B0

Grigor Dimitrov

Sampras & Safin

Last edited by nadejda : 11-07-2011 at 05:56 AM.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:24 AM   #37
country flag larzm

larzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond reputelarzm has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the links!
larzm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:21 AM   #38
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

He's in the news

TENNIS' 'NEXT BIG THING' GRIGOR DIMITROV OVERWHELMED BY ROGER FEDERER COMPARISON

http://www.sport360.com/article/tenn...rer-comparison

Nothing new really. Similar to the Bulgarian news & article above but this time in English. And I didn't know he's in Dubai as well for the pre-season. Perhaps just before Mauritius.

Quote:
Bright young thing: Dimitrov admits he is a work in progress but his potential has been clear for a number of years.

Dubai has become every tennis player’s pre-season piece of heaven and among the host of talent present in the UAE prepping for 2012 is a player who has been dubbed ‘the next Roger Federer’ for the past three years.

Grigor Dimitrov, one of the brightest prospects on the ATP, spent a couple of weeks in Dubai - a city he refers to as his favourite in the world - unwinding from a tricky 2011 season and gearing up for the next one.

Since he caused a stir three years ago when he won the Wimbledon and US Open junior titles showcasing a stylish one-handed backhand, a swanky serve and an aggressive game, all which resembled those of Federer, the tennis world has been waiting for Dimitrov to make his claims on the men’s circuit, and the 20-year-old Bulgarian is confident he will live up to the expectations sooner rather than later.

He ended this year at No.76 in the world rankings, a little off from the top-50 target he had set himself before the season, although he came ever so close and reached No52 in August.

Still, for someone like Dimitrov, who has been described by some to be 'ultra-confident' and 'super-talented', his 2011 season was less than ideal, where he had some excellent matches with some of the best players on tour but where he also fell short, like in his 6-4, 6-4 loss against Andy Murray in Bangkok, or his heart-breaking 7-6(4), 4-6, 4-6, 6-7(8) defeat to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga at Wimbledon, where the Frenchman crossed over the net to pull Dimitrov off the ground and shake his hand.

"Last season I would say it was not a good season," Dimitrov told Sport360°. "It wasn’t too bad, I had high expectations of myself and I wanted to play better but everything turned to be just a lot different. I was trying to reach a goal that I set before and I didn’t.

"I stopped the year a bit early so I had time to rest and I think that helps a little bit. It gives me also a better view of how I can structure the next year. “I had some good results but they were pretty inconsistent which didn’t make me very happy.

"I was losing close matches and everything was just not getting in the right way for me so I had to find a way to clean up all the stuff around me and I think I’m finally starting to get on the right track."

Dimitrov split with his coach last month and is currently in search of a new one but in the meantime he believes he has a number of areas to work on to improve his consistency. And does constantly being referred to as the mini-Federer help Dimitrov, or does it add extra pressure?

He said: "I think it’s great to be compared to the greatest tennis player of all time and all that, but I think it’s getting just a little overwhelming. It’s tough to compare a person like him to a guy who just started up.

"Personally I want to build up my own style and I want people to remember me the way I am not who I resemble or anything, but it’s nice to hear comments like that."

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Paire . Dimitrov . Thiem
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:22 PM   #39
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

I think Grigor is right it is best just to be himself and improve on his own consistency

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:54 PM   #40
country flag kr1s71an

kr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond repute

Shocking news: Grigor Dimitrov and Tsvetana Pironkova are male and female tennis player of the year in Bulgaria This is Grisho's fourth in a row & sixth for Tsveti

Singles: [Rank: #23, Highest: #20]
2014: W: Indian Wells Masters
2012: W: Rio De Janeiro CH

Doubles: [Rank: #85, Highest: #45], Partnering with YEBRA
2014: W: Bucharest
2013: W: Chennai, Delray Beach, Tunis CH
2012: W: Dallas CH, St. Remy CH, Rio De Janeiro CH, Geneva CH
2011: W: Atlanta
kr1s71an is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:24 AM   #41
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

With the "Best of..." by journalists around this time of the year, most of them just thought about the Fed, Djoker, Nadal but this very controversial (aren't they all?) journalist thought about Grigor @ Wimbledon

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/...090522532.html

Quote:

Best match to commentate on

It was a match at Wimbledon which really stuck with me, between Grigor Dimitrov and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. It was a fantastic encounter, and one of immense quality and excitement.
The two players embraced each other for several seconds at the end of the match, and it was most definitely the highest quality clash in the tournament. The crowd rose to their feet with a standing ovation, and that was quite fitting.
Dimitrov has so much potential and, while he may fail to truly live up to what is expected of him, on this occasion he was truly brilliant.
The shots he produced against Tsonga in that match were thrilling to watch and Tsonga was taken aback by how inspired his opponent's play was. It was a quite staggering performance.
I can recall the most incredible rallies: brutal hitting, remarkable saves, thunderous serves; it had absolutely everything. Many people were just left to laugh at how good it was because they could not quite believe it.
I love this match so much not only because of Grigor but definitely also because of Jo and the adorable drama they brought to us...

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Paire . Dimitrov . Thiem
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:53 PM   #42
country flag FedererBulgaria

FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLighthouse View Post
With the "Best of..." by journalists around this time of the year, most of them just thought about the Fed, Djoker, Nadal but this very controversial (aren't they all?) journalist thought about Grigor @ Wimbledon

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/...090522532.html

I love this match so much not only because of Grigor but definitely also because of Jo and the adorable drama they brought to us...

It was a great,great match
Old 01-03-2012, 06:09 AM   #43
country flag nadejda

Grigor gave a smal imterview after the tie with Czech at Hopman cup:

http://translate.google.bg/translate...BD%D0%B8%D1%8F

FYI Google translates Tsvetana as flowers

Grigor Dimitrov

Sampras & Safin

Old 01-03-2012, 06:33 AM   #44
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so hopeful with Grisho in these days. Thanks for posting the interview Nadejda!!
Old 01-04-2012, 08:47 AM   #45
country flag nadejda

here is a funny video, which the site tenniskafe.com made for the tennis fans in Bulgaria with the participation of Grigor Dimitrov, Tsvetana Pironkova, Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer for the New Year 2012

I thought you may like it!

Grigor Dimitrov

Sampras & Safin