News & Articles about Grigor - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-12-2011, 01:07 PM   #16
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles about Grigor

A very good assessment of Grigor's match vs Roddick at Shanghai 2011:

Steve Tignor

Quote:
It’s been a bumpy 10 months for all of these young players, filled with injuries (Raonic), creeping but frustrating improvement (Dimitrov), and results that swing violently from one event to the next (Tomic, Dolgopolov).
Yep, he's improving we can tell and yet not as speedy as himself or some fans would like to see.

Quote:
A stat: By the middle of the first set between Andy Roddick and Grigor Dimitrov today, Dimitrov had hit 11 winners and made 17 unforced errors, while Roddick had exactly one of each.

Roddick, in his later, conservative years, has become a kind of litmus test. He doesn’t hit many winners and commits very few errors, so it’s up to you to make your shots and make things happen. Traditionally, though it’s not as true as it once was, Roddick has beaten the players he’s supposed to beat and lost to the players he’s supposed to lose to. He’s very good at assessing his opponent’s weaknesses and waiting for them to show up and bite them at the crucial moment.

That’s essentially what happened today against Dimitrov. The Bulgarian’s soft spot—and it’s very soft right now—is his backhand, especially his slice backhand. He chops at it and puts it in the net regularly. Roddick, naturally, was content to play to that side, and Dimitrov couldn’t hold steady with it long enough. He struggled to get more than three in a row in the court.

To me, this is an example of how difficult it is to be a great tennis player, and to fulfill even the most sky-high potential. Grigor Dimitrov has a lot going for him. He can soar for a forehand like a dancer, and open up the court when he hits it. He serves well and has great touch and flair in all parts of the court. But for all of his full-flight talents, unless he learns to do the very basic and earthbound task of getting his backhand into the court four, five, or 10 times in a row, he’s not going to make good on the rest of his artistic abilities. There's no way around the fundamentals.

To paraphrase Bon Scott, it’s a long way to the top if want to hit a tennis ball. If any of these young guys do one-fourth as much as Federer or Nadal or Djokovic, they’ll be lucky. They might even count themselves lucky to be the next Feliciano Lopez or Janko Tipsarevic.

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Paire . Dimitrov . Thiem
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2011, 06:27 PM   #17
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

More from Steve, he hasn't yet given up on Grigor (I assume)...

Viewpoint: Tennis needs its prodigies

Quote:
Young male players face a different problem: A logjam at the top. Rather than racing from out of nowhere straight to the Wimbledon title at 17, ŕ la Becker, today's kids take it one baby step at a time. The last youngish player to win a major in recent years was Juan Martin del Potro, who took home the 2009 U.S. Open title a week before his 21st birthday; injuries have slowed him since. In 2011, perhaps the most talented of the tour’s new faces, Grigor Dimitrov, struggled just to leave the minor leagues behind and gain entry into ATP main draws for the first time. Becker would have scoffed at that promotion, but by today's standards, it counts as a definite step forward. In 2012, Dimitrov might even be able to get out of the first round of a few those main draws.

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Paire . Dimitrov . Thiem
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:51 PM   #18
country flag LawrenceOfTennis
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully 2012 will be Grisho's year. He doesn't have too many points to defend next year.
LawrenceOfTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:34 PM   #19
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

BlueLighthouse, I can't say enough... thanks for all report and article.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:50 AM   #20
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute

here are the link for the interviews Grigor gave in Bulgaria:

http://tenniskafe.com/бъ...ки

http://www.trud.bg/Article.asp?ArticleId=1090020

a short intwerview with his father too, who is also a tennis coach and explains some of the difficulties they faced:

http://tenniskafe.com/бъ...но

small photo galery:
http://tenniskafe.com/Фо...на

The full video will be shown on Sunday, so hopefully will post the link then.

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

most beautiful sports: volleyball and tennis

Last edited by nadejda : 10-26-2011 at 11:38 AM.
nadejda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:19 PM   #21
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute

one more interview for tennisKafe.com

http://tenniskafe.com/бъ...ат

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

Old 10-27-2011, 10:23 AM   #22
country flag Berba

Berba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond repute

here is an excerpt from Grigor's interview which he gave few days ago in Bulgaria in which he talks about the other talanted young players. (sorry for the not so good translation, it's google translation):

Many experts suggest you Raonich, Berankis, Tomic and Harrison as "the new wave of world tennis," and some even compare to the current Top 4 - Djokovic, Nadal, Murray and Federer. I guess you know each other very well. Could you briefly describe the strengths and weaknesses of each?
Yes, I know them very well. Each of them made a very good year. Tomic reached the quarterfinals of Wimbledon, and Raonich won the ATP tournament . On the strengths of Raonich there I think everything is clear (laughs). Harrison has a cautious game and is more patient, but I do not know to what extent this will help future development. Tomic at first glance does not look very attractive, but his style helps him a lot. There are moments in which he plays learned combinations and plays them very well. He just can’t miss. Berankis I always respected him, especially for his tough play. There was not a game where he did not fight to the end. I wish each of them stay healthy without injuries and go the right way. I wish we are the next group of players who will reach the top.

GRISHO is the future

Sorry, Roger!
Berba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:38 PM   #23
country flag chantelle

chantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond reputechantelle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadejda View Post
here are the link for the interviews Grigor gave in Bulgaria:

http://tenniskafe.com/бъ...ки

http://www.trud.bg/Article.asp?ArticleId=1090020

a short intwerview with his father too, who is also a tennis coach and explains some of the difficulties they faced:

http://tenniskafe.com/бъ...но

small photo galery:
http://tenniskafe.com/Фо...на

The full video will be shown on Sunday, so hopefully will post the link then.
http://www.btv.bg/videos/sport/video...vav_Varna.html
a clip of the interview I found
so sad that I don't know Bulgarian that the only information I get from the clip is his charming smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPusX0kht_8
i also found this one with clip and photo of the Dimitrov's tennis class
chantelle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:18 PM   #24
country flag nadejda

one more interesting interview:
http://www.tenniskafe.com/%D0%B1%D1%...83%D0%B5%D0%BD

Grigor Dimitrov

Sampras & Safin

Last edited by nadejda : 10-28-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:44 PM   #25
country flag LawrenceOfTennis
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadejda View Post
LawrenceOfTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:48 AM   #26
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Great interviews, hanks for posting them. I'm impressed with his attitude in them especially his commitment to getting stronger and fitter in the off-season.
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:21 PM   #27
country flag kr1s71an

kr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tenniskafe.com/%D0%B1%D1%...9A%D1%8A%D0%BF

And another interview with Grisho - talking about his work with McNamara, Hopman Cup and his talk with John McEnroe at US Open

Singles: [Rank: #24, Highest: #20]
2014: W: Indian Wells Masters
2012: W: Rio De Janeiro CH

Doubles: [Rank: #87, Highest: #45], Partnering with YEBRA
2014: W: Bucharest
2013: W: Chennai, Delray Beach, Tunis CH
2012: W: Dallas CH, St. Remy CH, Rio De Janeiro CH, Geneva CH
2011: W: Atlanta
kr1s71an is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:33 PM   #28
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr1s71an View Post
http://www.tenniskafe.com/%D0%B1%D1%...9A%D1%8A%D0%BF

And another interview with Grisho - talking about his work with McNamara, Hopman Cup and his talk with John McEnroe at US Open
Another good interview and again, he is saying all the right things that lead me to believe he will work hard in the off-season. I didn't understand the comment about Federer in the earlier article because it didn't translate that well. Did Federer say something negative about Grigor copying his style of play?
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:02 PM   #29
country flag nadejda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
Another good interview and again, he is saying all the right things that lead me to believe he will work hard in the off-season. I didn't understand the comment about Federer in the earlier article because it didn't translate that well. Did Federer say something negative about Grigor copying his style of play?
AFAIK Federer commented on him only once. He was asked about Dimitrov being compared to him and Fed answered something like:
"It is true his technique is as mine. However I think every player should have to develop his own style and not being compared to others..."

and that's all

Grigor Dimitrov

Sampras & Safin

Old 10-30-2011, 02:05 PM   #30
country flag nadejda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
Great interviews, hanks for posting them. I'm impressed with his attitude in them especially his commitment to getting stronger and fitter in the off-season.
BTW Grigor was spotted at 8 am going to the tennis courts in his home town together with his father.
He really is training even when at home

Grigor Dimitrov

Sampras & Safin

Last edited by nadejda : 10-30-2011 at 02:33 PM.