the "mallard SHOULD BE in madrid" thread - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-15-2004, 02:28 AM   #106
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the "mallard SHOULD BE in madrid" thread

ohhh Heya, I don't wanna meet your daddy, I just want you in my caddy!
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2004, 02:59 AM   #107
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

grrrrrr Tiger Swinger, Gilbert Face Slammed With Dirt
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 03:38 AM   #108
country flag superpinkone37

superpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond repute

lol heya, you never fail to make me smile
haha fumus, whenever i see her name i think of that song
superpinkone37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 03:40 AM   #109

superpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond repute

and im tired of andy's bs right now. i guess as long as he is healthy then i am happy...at least for now. i dont like it when he pulls out of tournies like this but whats worse is if he already knew he wasnt gonna play madrid, then oull out then, not a few days before.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:53 PM   #110
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting take from Tennis Week
=========

Roddick, Hewitt, Moya Withdraw From Madrid

By Tennis Week
10/15/2004

A trio of former top-ranked players — Andy Roddick, Lleyton Hewitt and Carlos Moya — have withdrawn from next week's Tennis Masters Series-Madrid event. The second-ranked Roddick has complained of a sore right elbow and sore right knee, Moya may miss the rest of the indoor European fall season to rest his strained serving shoulder and Hewitt pulled out for undisclosed personal reasons, according to tournament organizers.

In the absence of four of the world's top six ranked players — fourth-ranked Guillermo Coria remains sidelined while recovering from arthroscopic shoulder surgery — fifth-ranked Tim Henman will be seeded second behind top-ranked Roger Federer and 2002 Madrid champion Andre Agassi, who is playing his first tournament since a five-set quarterfinal setback to Federer at last month's U.S. Open, moves up to to the third seed.

"Missing three of the top 10 won't penalize this event," said tournament director Manolo Santana.

Though the official Tennis Masters Series-Madrid web site proclaims "Roddick, Hewitt Make Their Excuses", it's hardly surprising Roddick has pulled out and a bit of a double standard for tournament organizers to suggest subtle criticism of Roddick, who is essentially facing the same challenge as Moya: trying to ensure his best possible preparation for the Davis Cup final while hampered by a nagging injury.

Though top players are automatically entered in Masters Series events, players have complained for years that the tennis season is too long and since the game's governing bodies have essentially refused to substantially shorten the schedule (though there have been minor modifications) some prominent players have taken it upon themselves to limit the number of tournaments they play to provide more time for rest and recovery. Roddick has already played 84 matches this year (91 when you include doubles), which is just seven short of the 91 matches he played in 2003. When you consider the fact the fate of the U.S. Davis Cup team in December's final against host Spain rides largely on Roddick's right arm and that the final will be staged on red clay — Roddick's least favorite surface where he's suffered all three of his Davis Cup defeats — it's really a no-brainer to skip Madrid and Stockholm. Otherwise, Roddick would be playing four of the next five weeks, offering little training time for the Davis Cup final, which he has repeatedly stated is his top priority.

"The most important thing is the Davis Cup final. I want to be ready for that," said Roddick, who will play next month's Tennis Masters Cup in Houston. "I need to be 100 per cent physically — all of my decisions will be based upon that goal."

The 22-year-old Roddick needs to look no further than his opponent in the 2003 U.S. Open final — Juan Carlos Ferrero — to see the how a demanding schedule can drain a player. Ferrero played 88 matches last year, starting the first week of January when he reached the Sydney final and ending in December when he represented Spain in the Davis Cup final. With less than a month to recover before the 2004 season, Ferrero could be understandably fried entering this year. He started the season strong, reaching the Australian Open semis and the Rotterdam final and registering a 9-3 record in the process, but has been plagued by injury and illness since then, compiling a 14-12 record over the past eight months.

Until the game's governing bodies work together to coordinate a shorter schedule, and address the antiquated Davis Cup format that discourages some player participation by spreading out the event over the course of the year, players have no choice but to selectively schedule tournament participation — or run the risk of running themselves into the ground trying to meet the demands of a nearly non-stop tournament treadmill.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 04:58 PM   #111
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Put the whips and chains away, guys. Word has it that Roger is also pulling out of Madrid. I don't know what his excuse will be but seriously, can we cut Andy some slack now? Nobody's going to this thing.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 10-15-2004 at 05:27 PM.
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 05:07 PM   #112
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Roger's officially out, yeah. but I don't care about them

At this point, Andy should not play STockholm but I think he should still play Paris, just to get some points and also so he's not totally match-cold going into Houston where you have to be on top of your game right from the bat. Stockholm won't do anything but drain his energy.

Plus, the reason that I'm at Andy now is that he's bumming around in Austin just eating more pizza and gaining more weight. if he pulled out of these tournies to really bust his ass with Brad somewhere, I'd be much happier with him.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 06:26 PM   #113

Ballboys get the drop as Madrid opts for female models

Fri 15 October, 2004 13:30

MADRID, Oct 15 (Reuters) - The centre court at next week's Madrid Masters tournament will look more like a catwalk than a sports arena after organisers decided to drop the traditional ballboys and ballgirls in favour of glamorous female models.

The organisers are reported to be paying the 25 women an average of 900 euros ($1,115) to do the job previously done by enthusiastic young volunteers from local tennis clubs.

Coach Julio Nieto admitted that he had had a tough job in trying train up the models for the tournament.

"We have had to show them what the sport is all about," he told sports daily As. "We had to start by explaining what a game, a set and ace were and then tell them when and how to pass the players the balls.

"It's not going to be perfect, but I'll be happy if things turn out well and there are no protests from the players. Although personally I think that with such beautiful girls the players are going to be distracted."

World number one Roger Federer leads the field at the tournament which gets underway on Monday October 18.

=========
andy is gonna be dissapointed that he pulled out now
lol, well i just hope andy is not sitting at home scarfing pizza. other than that, im just hope he is healthy.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:22 PM   #114
country flag andyroxmysox12191

andyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond repute

wow never though that'd happen
Old 10-15-2004, 09:27 PM   #115
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

web site proclaims "Roddick, Hewitt Make Their Excuses"
What's wrong with the truth? Masters Series = Great DC = Joke
We LOVE to watch Andy's phony surprised expression when he gives up and loses DC.

it's really a no-brainer to skip Madrid and Stockholm. Otherwise, Roddick would be playing four of the next five weeks, offering little training time for the Davis Cup final

"The most important thing is the Davis Cup final. I want to be ready for that," said Roddick, who will play next month's Tennis Masters Cup in Houston. "I need to be 100 per cent physically
Andy will have to turn back time: move to Europe, train on clay for a decade & lose weight.
The Spaniards have to be in a hotel fire, sleep for only 2 hours & play with injuries.

Until the game's governing bodies work together to coordinate a shorter schedule, and address the antiquated Davis Cup format that discourages some player participation by spreading out the event over the course of the year
zzzzz Andy can't disrespect people by avoiding wtt & other amazing exhibs.
We know most tennis fans & players look up to him, don't we????
...25 people, including Bjorn Borg.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 09:38 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroxmysox12191
wow never though that'd happen
haha, and theres a big discussion on it in GM now, i didnt notice it before lol
Old 10-15-2004, 10:01 PM   #117
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpinkone37
Ballboys get the drop as Madrid opts for female models
Ohmygod!! Is this for real???

And the GMers think Jim McIngvale is sleazy and and crass??????

star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote