Great Victories in Canadian Tennis - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-22-2011, 04:07 AM   #1
country flag tommyg6

tommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Great Victories in Canadian Tennis

Moment 1 - Nestor vs Edberg 1992 Davis Cup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbemj5v6gGQ

Moment 2 - Dancevic vs Roddick 2007 Indianapolis semi-finals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5aPi...eature=related

Discuss. If you have any ideas, feel free to contribute.
tommyg6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2011, 11:48 AM   #2
country flag Emeraldhands

Emeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Great Victories in Canadian Tennis

Kinda funny that you bring up this topic after one of the worst meltdowns in Canadian tennis history.
Emeraldhands is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:51 AM   #3
country flag Emeraldhands

Emeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond reputeEmeraldhands has a reputation beyond repute

Damn Nestor looks young in this video.
Emeraldhands is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:41 AM   #4
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute

I always think of Nestor beating Kuerten in Calgary, couldn't find any youtube of that, though.

And, of course, Nestor and Lareau beating the Woodies at home in Sydney for a gold medal.
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:59 AM   #5
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was Frank that beat Kuerten?
Old 06-23-2011, 01:13 AM   #6
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
I thought it was Frank that beat Kuerten?
I think Frank won the fifth rubber (against Sarreta?), but it was definitely Nestor-Kuerten, I think it had the record for most aces in a match until the last couple of years.
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:58 PM   #7
country flag gbthecoach

gbthecoach is on a distinguished road

Had the pleasure of being at the Agradome for all three days of the Can/Swe Davis cup in 92 and not wanting to take anything from Daniel but I really thought some of the line calls were of the home cooking variety. Still he was fantastic and almost beat Magnus Gustafsson in a better 5 setter then the Edberg match.

Magnus was off a 91 season that saw him ranked #12 in the world and was up 2 sets to 1 before loosing the last two sets, that had the Swede fist pumping and yelling like I had never seen a Swede before. For those who do not think Davis cup means anything to the players the need to watch that match.

Nestor's lack of foot speed was apparent in the match but the heart and fantastic serve and volley game was top notch.

Best $60 I ever spent
gbthecoach is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote