Qualifying Draw - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-13-2011, 02:17 PM   #211
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qualifying Draw

simon keeps letting chances slip by
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2011, 02:18 PM   #212
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Simon has had opportunities these last two return games. He's focused. Now he needs to keep holding, and get that break.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:18 PM   #213
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

rieschick gets the break back against tomic

i think i might be the only one here not stunned if he takes tomic out..i saw a fair amount of people pick him to get out of that section
Old 06-13-2011, 02:19 PM   #214
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Nielsen, thank God, 7-6 (8) against Luczak in the first set.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:20 PM   #215
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
Calm down Filo You're getting way too emotional about this, particularly as you're not at the match and can't see what's happening. Ebden is a legit grass player - far more so than Simon. He could be playing lights out right now. You just don't know.
I'm not emotional, it's an act for attention. On the inside I am emotional, but the words I'm writing are nothing more than empty words

Ebden probably is playing inspired tennis and no, we don't know how the match is going. What I do know is Simon was in the clear and now he's on the brink of losing. When you have the sort of lead Simon had you cannot let it slip away at this level.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:20 PM   #216
country flag misty1
Banned!

nielsen takes the first set 7-6(10-8) over luczack to spite peter having about 3 set points

karol breaks for the first set 6-2 over smethurst
Old 06-13-2011, 02:22 PM   #217
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

The way Ebden is in all of these games when he wasn't before leads me to believe he's just stepped it up. But he's playing Simon. He needs to lose.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:26 PM   #218
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooCooCachoo View Post
I don't think that is entirely fair. I've seen Zeballos play at Roehampton, and he was very passionate to be there (even if he played really poorly). The main difference is that he has already played in the main draw in Wimbledon, so he no longer has to dream about playing there. Plus, he probably realises that he has never done well on the surface so it is better to get those much-needed ranking points in a Challenger.

For Lojda, I think Wimbledon remains a rather elusive dream.
Oh, I wasn't being critical. It's just different mentalities. Some guys have different priorities. Guys like Zeballos and Ramos are right on the verge of the top 100. So, instead of going to Wimbledon, they play a challenger. If they win it, they are top 100, and situation themselves to make the USO, and play ATP events. Other guys will play a GS qualifying event with little chance to succeed, but as you said, they want to fulfill their dreams. It is what it is, both are perfectly valid positions.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:26 PM   #219
country flag misty1
Banned!

tomic about to drop a 4th game in a row

break point for sebastian who's already up 3-2
Old 06-13-2011, 02:28 PM   #220
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Guys that have played ATP events semi-regularly if not completely regularly a lot of times will skip major qualifying and play challengers, because they have been through that experience, and they don't have the motivation to qualify. Instead the play a challenger to get into the top 100 so they don't have to worry about qualifying or not. The French is the one slam guys usually all show up, because it's the easiest slam to travel to, and clay is a neutralizing surface.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:29 PM   #221
country flag misty1
Banned!

last chance for simon
Old 06-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #222
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Di Mauro unable to have a proper claycourt match against Broady, so he makes use of the opportunity to grind it out in a different manner by dragging the match to a lengthy third set.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers

Old 06-13-2011, 02:31 PM   #223
MONSOON season.

GSM Ebden

Old 06-13-2011, 02:31 PM   #224
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Simon once again blows a lead in a match and loses. I'm more displeased than disappointed. Just bullshit. But expected from Simon.

Simone will do what is required and win this section. He better.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:31 PM   #225
country flag misty1
Banned!

ebden holds at love to close it out

sorry filo v.

looks like my surprise pick didnt get it done