... - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-09-2011, 02:08 PM   #16
country flag ballbasher101

ballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eurosport Loses Roland Garros Tv rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog View Post
Sky long odds on...
I hate sky . Rupert Murdoch sucks big time. Have no idea why people have to pay a ridiculous amount to watch a sport they love. I liked eurosport, apart from when they would switch to the giro d'italia during important moments. The majors should do a similar thing to the ATP tennis tv. I would pay for that just like I do with the ATP. No way I will pay the ridiculous amount sky charges for sports. Streaming here I come .
ballbasher101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2011, 02:12 PM   #17
country flag ballbasher101

ballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutu View Post
I hope it's Sky Sports. The interactive coverage they have at the US Open would be great.
Screw SKY the greedy bastards. Their coverage is good by they are profiteering.

Last edited by ballbasher101 : 06-09-2011 at 02:24 PM.
ballbasher101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:18 PM   #18
country flag LawrenceOfTennis
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Bad for tennis.
LawrenceOfTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:20 PM   #19
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
For Swedes, this will probably mean less WTA at least. But remains to be seen what network, and in that case if they will have full day coverage on two channels. I remain sceptical until I see the replacement. Hopefully Canal+ will not get it.
And I bet you that Canal+ will get it. They are willing to offer the most money, so I'm nearly 100 % sure they'll get it. I mean.. it's not like we have that many options in Norway. Eurosport is the only sports channel that's not a pay channel, it's in most cable packages, so most people have it and can watch tennis on it. But all of the other sports channels here are pay channels, with Canal+ being the biggest one. I mean, NRK could possibly buy the rights, but I see it as unlikely since NRK is in deep financial trouble, which is why they sold their Wimbledon rights last year. Maybe Viasat 4 could buy it, but I guess that's unlikely too since they seem to focus on football, with very little tennis, and they have a small capacity, and I don't think it's big enough to show multiple courts from the French many hours during the two weeks. We're left with Canal+. I bet they'll get the rights, I really don't see any other channels having enough money and capacity to buy the rights, at least not here in Norway.

Canal+ buying the rights sucks, since most people don't have the Canal+ sports package. Very few people will be able to watch Roland Garros on tv.

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:20 PM   #20
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know who will get it - Eurosport's coverage is not perfect by any means - but when we find out it might be better the devil you know than the one you don't
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:39 PM   #21
country flag Jomp1

Jomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokk View Post
And I bet you that Canal+ will get it. They are willing to offer the most money, so I'm nearly 100 % sure they'll get it. I mean.. it's not like we have that many options in Norway. Eurosport is the only sports channel that's not a pay channel, it's in most cable packages, so most people have it and can watch tennis on it. But all of the other sports channels here are pay channels, with Canal+ being the biggest one. I mean, NRK could possibly buy the rights, but I see it as unlikely since NRK is in deep financial trouble, which is why they sold their Wimbledon rights last year. Maybe Viasat 4 could buy it, but I guess that's unlikely too since they seem to focus on football, with very little tennis, and they have a small capacity, and I don't think it's big enough to show multiple courts from the French many hours during the two weeks. We're left with Canal+. I bet they'll get the rights, I really don't see any other channels having enough money and capacity to buy the rights, at least not here in Norway.

Canal+ buying the rights sucks, since most people don't have the Canal+ sports package. Very few people will be able to watch Roland Garros on tv.
Viasat is big in Sweden, with one of their sports channels(TV10) being distributed to most basic cable packages, so I can see them buying it. However, they dropped their ATP world tour right this year to canal+, so I'm not sure if they wanna invest in tennis again. TV3 used to broadcast Wimbledon for like 15 years though, maybe it's time to finally get a Slam back?
Jomp1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:09 PM   #22
country flag BodyServe

BodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond repute

They mostly showed WTA so i dont care...

They are tending to show 100% WTA...
BodyServe is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:13 PM   #23
country flag philosophicalarf

philosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judio View Post
In answer to the earlier poster, the Internet Streams are only any use if you are in and available to watch

At least with Tv you can tape it and watch it later

DVR is becoming more and more common though - with tennistv you can rewind back an entire day's play. Eurosportplayer has something similar for the HD channel.
philosophicalarf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:15 PM   #24
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know about other countries but in Romania I know the story way too well: some commercial sport chanell will buy the rights, will brag endlessly about having the rights to the most prestigious event in tennis( or something of the sort, one chanell used to advertise ATP Masters Serie like the Tennis CL ) and then switch the coverage of Montanes-Fog match at 6-6 in the 5th to some Steaua friendly off-season football match with some 4th League German team I lie you not, it did happen countless of times.....

And personally prefer to watch tennis on TV, I settle with LS when there is no other way but I much prefer the TV
acionescu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #25
country flag Jomp1

Jomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond reputeJomp1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Orange sports in France showed seven courts coverage on Interactive TV

If Sky can do the same then it will be great for the viewer in the UK

---------------------------------------------------------------------

If they are not interested then British Eurosport will make a bid ??

In answer to the earlier poster, the Internet Streams are only any use if you are in and available to watch

At least with Tv you can tape it and watch it later
Not to mention I'm happy to pay for quality picture over free useless streams with delay.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:43 PM   #26
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

OH SHIT
nole_no1 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:58 PM   #27
country flag Fat Camel

Fat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond repute

Tht's awful.

My internet streaming is slow ah hell sometimes.
ARNAUD CLEMENT
Xavier Malisse Janko Tipsarevic
Stanislas Wawrinka - Brian Baker - Roger Federer - Daniel Evans - Alexandr Dolgopolov - Gilles Simon - Lleyton Hewitt - Richard Berankis - Ernests Gulbis - Mikhail Youzhny - Nicolas Mahut - Oli Rochus - James Blake - Fabio Fognini - David Nalbandian - Marcos Baghdatis - Paul-Henri Mathieu - Tommy Robredo - Danai Udomchoke
Fabrice Santoro - Marat Safin - Nicolas Lapentti - Sebastian Grosjean - Andy Roddick
Fat Camel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:08 PM   #28
country flag hotdog

hotdog has a reputation beyond reputehotdog has a reputation beyond reputehotdog has a reputation beyond reputehotdog has a reputation beyond reputehotdog has a reputation beyond reputehotdog has a reputation beyond reputehotdog has a reputation beyond reputehotdog has a reputation beyond reputehotdog has a reputation beyond reputehotdog has a reputation beyond reputehotdog has a reputation beyond repute

Eurosport is just as delayed as the crappy internet streams.
hotdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #29
country flag Deivid23

Deivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It isn't the delay it is the quality of picture on a TV

My Tv is more comfortable to watch

Bigger screen etc etc

No matter the TV you have Eurosport is as delayed as a fucking turtle in slow motion, mate
Deivid23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:31 PM   #30
country flag Jomp1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivid23 View Post
No matter the TV you have Eurosport is as delayed as a fucking turtle in slow motion, mate
If only you knew how much "live" sports were broadcasted with a slight delay.. It's just that tennis has point to point livescore making it more obvious.

Judio is right, it's the quality of the television you want. And I haven't seen any streaming service outside of tennistv providing that for tennis.