Do French differentiate ethnically pure Frenchmen and Afro guys? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Is there a difference?

Of course not, they are all proud Frenchmen! 14 51.85%
As long as they play for France, I don't mind. 3 11.11%
Black is black and white is white. 10 37.04%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2011, 01:21 PM   #31
country flag simplet

simplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do French differentiate ethnically pure Frenchmen and Afro guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seingeist View Post
Absolutely correct. In fact, racial integration in France, speaking both historically and contemporarily, could be fairly characterized as "100% seamless."

()
Sweet mother of god what the fuck is that second link you gave? This trash is titled "understanding" the riots in France?
simplet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2011, 10:54 PM   #32
country flag Graffite

Graffite has a reputation beyond reputeGraffite has a reputation beyond reputeGraffite has a reputation beyond reputeGraffite has a reputation beyond reputeGraffite has a reputation beyond reputeGraffite has a reputation beyond reputeGraffite has a reputation beyond reputeGraffite has a reputation beyond reputeGraffite has a reputation beyond reputeGraffite has a reputation beyond reputeGraffite has a reputation beyond repute

France does have racial tensions, more noticeable now than before in my opinion but I think when it comes to tennis and indeed any sport, especially in countries who aren't exactly awash with great prospects, they will take what they have. If Monfils or Tsonga won a grand slam, I think the French would celebrate as much as they would if Gasquet or Simon won. So in that sense there is no difference.
Graffite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:54 PM   #33
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

probably best to ask monfils and tsonga themselves: are you proud french men...?

i would imagine the answer is a rock solid yes...

that would roundly answer the initial question methinks...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:04 AM   #34
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
a Frenchman of African descent

love the 'politically correct' terms to describe people.
He would be considered white in the US, so I don't know what your point is

African American isn't politically correct, that's what an American of African descent is. It can apply to even a white South African or a Moroccan or Egyptian, but it's primarily a synonym for black. It's the same for European-American, Asian-American, Latino-American, etc.

But I'm sure myself and other black people in the US would love it if people called us the N-word again

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:00 AM   #35
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slumpdasco View Post
He would be considered white in the US, so I don't know what your point is

African American isn't politically correct, that's what an American of African descent is. It can apply to even a white South African or a Moroccan or Egyptian, but it's primarily a synonym for black. It's the same for European-American, Asian-American, Latino-American, etc.

But I'm sure myself and other black people in the US would love it if people called us the N-word again
why the word 'black' needed a synonym in the first place?
isn't telling and tragic that thanks to blackphobia the term 'Afro-American' has replaced the original broader African swing?

yes, Zinedine Zidane is a white 'Afro-French'. his parents are Berbers from Kabylie, Algeria. Zizou was born in Marseille, France.

the n-word has a vicious history.
the term 'Afro-American' sounds like a condition.
the word 'black' sounds like rain drops hitting the tin roof... and here come the fond memories that warm the heart... i'm a bit jealous of you. just love it.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:42 AM   #36
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Sophie Okonedo the night before the 2005 Oscars was asked by a stupid American journalist what she thought about being one of a record number of African-American nominees.

her priceless reply was "i wouldn't know. i'm British."

Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:44 AM   #37
country flag Seingeist

Seingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplet View Post
Sweet mother of god what the fuck is that second link you gave? This trash is titled "understanding" the riots in France?
I'm not vouching for the quality of the journal itself or the content of that article; I had simply linked to the first article that I found on Google that was discussing the riots in France that I had remembered reading about. My point was only to remind people of the riots as a sign that there were still some racial tensions in modern-day France; it was not to endorse the actual content and opinions of the article or journal (which I had not been familiar with prior to my brief Google search). I don't know enough about the riots independently to make an assessment of the article's quality one way or the other.

If you say the article is trash, then I'll concede the point. A Wikipedia entry that reminded people of the riots would have sufficed just as well for the point I was making, i.e. the absurdity of Timafi's suggestion that the sea of race relations in France is placid and calm next to the stormy waters of the U.S.
Seingeist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:40 AM   #38
country flag Roddickominator

Roddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond repute

Lets not be silly here...of course the French notice and at least mentally differentiate between their mixed/black players and white ones. They are human, after all, and notice obvious differences between a traditional Frenchman and a guy that is a completely different color. That doesn't mean that they have to treat them like any differently or like a lower class person. I hope that our French brothers and sisters really are as advanced and tolerant of everyone as they portray to everyone else. If not then they're only hurting themselves, just like everybody else that does the same(which is unfortunately most of the world).
Roddickominator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:03 AM   #39
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_clay View Post
i think black french players need to be drug tested more... maybe three or four times more...

there is just something about them...

i am not against things i am just very into constructive criticism at the moment...

NADAL - TURSUNOV - BOLELLI - NALBANDIAN - MATOSEVIC
HINGIS - DEMENTIEVA - DOKIC - KOURNIKOVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - RADWANSKA - KIRILENKO - BARTHEL

Dmitry Verdasco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:19 AM   #40
country flag incognito0015

incognito0015 has a reputation beyond reputeincognito0015 has a reputation beyond reputeincognito0015 has a reputation beyond reputeincognito0015 has a reputation beyond reputeincognito0015 has a reputation beyond reputeincognito0015 has a reputation beyond reputeincognito0015 has a reputation beyond reputeincognito0015 has a reputation beyond reputeincognito0015 has a reputation beyond reputeincognito0015 has a reputation beyond reputeincognito0015 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you serious ? This kind of thread in 2011 ?

Of course they are all French. Tsonga is French, Monfils is French, Thierry Henry is French, Noah is French, etc. Noah is even the favorite French for years. Zinedine Zidane is of Algerian origin and you know what ? Yes he is French and very loved.

And you know what (again) ? In the last popularity poll, Monfils is the third favorite sportsman of the French (sportsmans who are still in activities, otherwize of course Zidane would be first on the poll. He was even first of this poll during years when he played. It's a poll created two times each years by Lequipe/TNS Sofre)! That's very great, he is very loved in France (he is almost always in the TOP 5 for years, if not TOP10. And always the first tennis player) :

The TOP 10 (December 2011) :

1-Sébastien Loeb (38,8%)
2-Sébastien Chabal (36,7%)
3-Gael Monfils (29,1%)
4-Jeannie Longo (27,5%)
5-Thierry Henry (25,9%)
6-Tony Parker (23,8%)
7-Alain Bernard (22,9%)
8-Yoann Gourcuff (22,9%)
9-Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (19,8%)
10-Joakim Noah (18,1%)

For the other tennis player :

39-Richard Gasquet (8,2%) (unfortunately for Richard). Simon is not in the TOP 50.

To see all the rank with all the details :

http://www.tns-sofres.com/_assets/fi...p-sportifs.pdf

French don't give a damn about colors, and not only the French moreover, we are over this stage. Most of the players of the football team are black and they are all considered as French.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukado View Post
Monfils and a few others are blacks from West Indies, a french territory for ages. They are born french ! Tsonga's father comes from Africa but he's mother is white and they are both teachers, he's not the poor migrant.

Many others french stars in sport have indeed a white mother (Tsonga, the Noah, Boris Diaw, Tony Parker, Stephane Diagana, Serge Blanco, ...) with a black father. It just proves mixity is the best choise to have a champion in your family.
THIS. Monfils is not from africa, but from West Indies, a french territory for ages, as you say. (Like Thierry Henry, Lilian Thuram and many other frenchman/woman). He is also born in Paris.

Tsonga is a metis and of course he is a frenchman, like the example you give.

Last edited by incognito0015 : 06-11-2011 at 09:21 AM.
incognito0015 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:22 AM   #41
country flag Claroo

Claroo has a reputation beyond reputeClaroo has a reputation beyond reputeClaroo has a reputation beyond reputeClaroo has a reputation beyond reputeClaroo has a reputation beyond reputeClaroo has a reputation beyond reputeClaroo has a reputation beyond reputeClaroo has a reputation beyond reputeClaroo has a reputation beyond reputeClaroo has a reputation beyond reputeClaroo has a reputation beyond repute

WTF is this thread ?

Really, you want an answer ?

They don't give a shit. Period.
Claroo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:32 AM   #42
country flag Helevorn

Helevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond repute

Lithuanian guys pointing out that there are no europeans in the French team

Seriously, I don't understand why many of you treat an argument like this in a so problem-free and soft way. Racial issues are an extremely actual and ongoing topic in all of Europe, and moreover in 2002 Jean-Marie Le Pen obtained more than 5 million votes.. and as far as I can tell his Front National is not so kind when it comes to immigration and so on
Helevorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:44 AM   #43
country flag Renaud

Renaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder how swiss people consider Swiss with african blood.

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
"Je peux simplement vous dire que Jean-René Lisnard aime beaucoup les Chocapics" Benjamin Balleret

Last edited by Renaud : 06-11-2011 at 09:59 AM.
Renaud is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:49 AM   #44
country flag lilimi80

lilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helevorn View Post

Lithuanian guys pointing out that there are no europeans in the French team
that's not funny but extremely stupid...Of course France is not the least racist country in the world (does a racists free country exist?), but when you see things like that, you know they are serious retards in the world...

PS : can someone explain what's a "pure" Frenchmen??? *pukes*
lilimi80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:58 AM   #45
country flag Renaud

Renaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilimi80 View Post

PS : can someone explain what's a "pure" Frenchmen??? *pukes*
Would have said any people with french passport, but some people think your ancesters had to be french for like 1000 years.

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
"Je peux simplement vous dire que Jean-René Lisnard aime beaucoup les Chocapics" Benjamin Balleret
Renaud is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote